Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

One other thing, sending €54 as a gift on paypal will cost €56.19, just so as everyone is aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi guys,

We received a PM to have a look at this thread. Could someone call our Headoffice and ask for Effie on 0906420500, as we'll need to gather some more info on what you're looking for.

Liam

On it :-)

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has been back in touch from wetek. Surely this must be a fairly decent order.
    North of €2000. I would have thought so too. Will be messaging them again shortly.

Spoke with Effie in DPD. Lovely girl. Anyway, told her the situation. Explained that we are hopeful that WETEK will give us a unique code that will allow a large group of us to purchase at the reduced price.If this happens then its the perfect outcome as everyone deals individually with the supplier. SIMPLE.

Now, failing this, DPD intervention would be greatly appreciated. I asked as to the possibility of them breaking down a consignment and dispatching units individually. She is going to get back to me before 4.40 as she just needs to get authorization from a Manager. I did mention Liam ( cheers Liam ) and Boards.ie and obviously the assurance of plenty of more PW customers if they find it in their hearts to show us some DPD Christmas Goodwill :)

I'm conscious that it's a poxy time (close of business on a Friday and offer expiring on Sunday )but I shall remain optimistic!

Will update as soon as....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

I'd like to get a couple of these!

• Advertisement

OK, so here we go. Effie is a bloody lovely girl. However...

Option 1:

We purchase 3 x 12 (or whatever) lots from WETEK
    All consignments go to DPD HQ in Athlone.
    DPD will break down the orders and repackage individual orders and send out to customer addresses which we will have provided them with. This is not availing of the PW service per se, and the cost will be min €6 / max €8 per item (I'm hopeful of a €6 per package offer). - ZERO hassle

Option 2: We purchase 3 x 12 and get the batches sent to wherever we want and use PM lockers @ €4.50 a pop (AFAIR) - Hassle

Option 3: Wait for WETEK to get back to us with a bloody CODE - Optimal

Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Allyall wrote: »
    Locked down the Spreadsheet, someone changed the amount each person wanted to 1.

Only 3 added I think since the last post, so it should be only 3 extra DVB-S2.
    One more will split into 3 groups.

GY A1 - 3 or 4
    Allyall - 2
    Ush - 2

Who else wants more than 1?

Is this still open? Can I be added to the list for 1 please?
    Edit: Tuner required DVB-C/T/T2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

tglynn wrote: »
    I'd like to get a couple of these!

Can you specify what type tuner you need on them ?
    There's Satellite and Terrestrial variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Invincible wrote:
    Techrader say the shield is only a mediocre android box and an excellent gaming system.

They are referring to paid content on android tv platform. I think most including myself will be using such devices for non paid content primarily... Ahem!

The wetek is not a bad device with dvb functionality but im sure there'll be a new revision coming in the new year with more than 1gb ram, i'd expect at least 2gb ram and a quadcore.

I'd also prefer something supporting 4k to remain future proof so need to upgrade every year like some over in the android forum find themselves doing.

Also with a 240mb connection and countless iptv services at my disposal i can't see the need for me personally for a tuner box.

Best of luck anyway with the box, hope it satisfies everyone who buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd prefer option 2, but want the most hassle free method for everyone. Happy with whatever way its done.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd prefer option 2, but want the most hassle free method for everyone. Happy with whatever way its done.

Either option 2/3, maybe Wetek will reply soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

dodzy wrote: »

Option 1:

DPD will break down the orders and repackage individual orders and send out to customer addresses which we will have provided them with. This is not availing of the PW service per se, and the cost will be min €6 / max €8 per item (I'm hopeful of a €6 per package offer). - ZERO hassle

Option 2: We purchase 3 x 12 and get the batches sent to wherever we want and use PM lockers @ €4.50 a pop (AFAIR) - Hassle

Thoughts ?

I'm happy with Option 1

Reply from Wetek:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in our product. Unfortunately we are can not provide you a shipment to 32 different address. It is not possible. We can send only complete order to one address. So if you decide to order 32 devices we can send it to your address. We provided you BlackFriday discount, very good price and free shipping. But one order and 32 different shipping address is not possible. Only what we can do is to send you to 2 address maximum.

For additional information I am at your disposal.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Miralem Mehulj

So, its orders of 12 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

will the parcel fit into the parcel motel option of 4.50,
    the medium locker is 5.50
    so close to dpd at 6 euro

would be happy with dpd delivery at 6 euro

Option 1:

Thoughts ?

GY A1 wrote: »
    will the parcel fit into the parcel motel option of 4.50,
    the medium locker is 5.50
    so close to dpd at 6 euro

would be happy with dpd delivery at 6 euro

But... if you, I and an other get 12 each free shipped to out home locations, we then have to dispatch 12 parcels to 12 lockers each.

For an extra €1.50, that hassle is removed, and taken over by DPD.

What's your thinking on the medium locker GY A1 ? Have I missed something ?

thought it might not fit in the small parcel motel locker,
    but if it does thats grand

but as u said if dpd do it all then thats easier all round
    But... if you, I and an other get 12 each free shipped to out home locations, we then have to dispatch 12 parcels to 12 lockers each.

For an extra €1.50, that hassle is removed, and taken over by DPD.

What's your thinking on the medium locker GY A1 ? Have I missed something ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Personally I think option 2/3 is probably the easiest if we are only dealing with orders of 12 each, but I'm easy one way or the other.

GY A1 wrote: »
    thought it might not fit in the small parcel motel locker,
    but if it does thats grand

but as u said if dpd do it all then thats easier all round

Only downside I can see to DPD is the chance of wrong choice box being sent to you, as in fairness they could consider them to be all the same.

210mm x 160mm x 90mm as GY A1 said earlier
    Surely we've had parcels bigger in Parcel Motel normal locker??
    Must look on their site for locker dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Sorry count me out

Invincible wrote: »
    Only downside I can see to DPD is the chance of wrong choice box being sent to you, as in fairness they could consider them to be all the same.

210mm x 160mm x 90mm as GY A1 said earlier
    Surely we've had parcels bigger in Parcel Motel normal locker??
    Must look on their site for locker dimensions.

Small locker is more than enough. My thinking is 6€ and this avoids all the PM farting around. Plus, effie said that although it would be nice if all recipients were PW registered, it was not a prerequisite in this case as it would be most definitely a once off. Valid concern raised about the sat / terr being misdirected though. Could well be generic packaging which would require a product recognition check by a knowledgeable sort in Athlobe to differentiate. I will mail wetek to see if packaging clearly states presence & type of tuner. If it's clear, I'd go with DPD offering. Remember though, unless PayPal account has a positive balance or is linked to a bank account, there will be a charge to the payer of €2.40. This added to the €6 for DPD will push us just over the €60 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Added Stooge.

I missed the last hour. Reading over it now.

I have an idea some of you may want to shoot me for, some may think it's good. I'm just waiting on an email.
    Other than that, carry on :)

Added Stooge.

I have an idea some of you may want to shoot me for, some may think it's good. I'm just waiting on an email.

Pray tell? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pray tell? :cool:
    Dare i........... :o

I was looking at the possibilities of any other boxes bulk buying ~ 40 of them.
    I mean, the Wetek is a decent box - at €54 individually. (€60 if you include shipping). But at €54 bulk? If I was a reseller, I wouldn't be over the moon about it.

I'm looking around to see if we could get a much better box for that price.
    It is black friday weekend.. :)
    For example Amiko.co.uk are selling the Amiko A3 for £59 each (~ €84).
    Good price, but over I'm trying to stay below €55 - €60.

There's no hurry to order tonight, is there? I'm sure there is a better box available, as Wetek aren't very well priced for a reseller or otherwise.
    Don't have to do it, I'm just throwing the possibility out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

I mean, the Wetek is a decent box - at €54 individually. (€60 if you include shipping). But at €54 bulk? If I was a reseller, I wouldn't be over the moon about it.

Amiko.co.uk are selling the Amiko A3 for £59 each (~ €84).

There's no hurry to order tonight, is there? I'm sure there is a better box available, as Wetek aren't very well priced for a reseller or otherwise.

I'm on board for that idea. No issue from me using option 1 from Effie too.

Sounds good. We'll sit in the long grass for now. I'm free this evening so I'll accompany you in the hunt. Until the toy show starts..... ;)

ya there's no major rush til tomorrow anyway,
    but dont think you'll find anything similar that can combine satellite and kodi for that price :)

amiko is only single tuner also

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

I would go with that.It's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

That's precisely my point. €60 shipped, actually €62 when including paypal fees is a poor price for this dual core 1gb box when bought in bulk for a qty of almost 40. A direct price it's so so but an additional reseller discount should be applied for such a large order. There are better boxes available for this price and you could certainly get a better deal from someone else with the promise of a bulk purchase

Added Stooge.

I like you're thinking Allyall,having read your subsequent post, I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

At 62-64 euro it is a stretch. I'd definitely be up for something else, doesn't even need to be a sat receiver for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement