Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2016 intake

• 16-11-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Let's do this :)

Edit by Shield:

So far, the nervous people are:

blui2
    BostonFan21
    Derob
    ERASURE7
    hellomoto1234
    Midgetgem84
    Potential Constable Dibble
    Razer33

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ERASURE7

Not really contributed on here yet.

But I guess I'll need to step up my reading and participation now I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

ERASURE7 wrote: »

Excellent news!

I'm in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Evenin' all!

4 of us so far...Def bound to be more calls tomorrow too

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Seeing the new threads for the squads makes me so happy for you guys!! Congratulations and well done to you all :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks Queen. Currently on glass of wine no 3 haha. Booked tomorrow off work so I intend on having a hangover haha

Welcome mate n congrats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Thanks Queen. Currently on glass of wine no 3 haha. Booked tomorrow off work so I intend on having a hangover haha

Lol I'm celebrate too Midgetgem with a large mug of coffee :)

East there tiger...don't over do it now ;-) lol

I'm trying to read through the 50-odd pages of the starting in GV thread, but can't see any answer to the following, so does anyone know if now that the intake numbers are lessened we still share a room?

I've travelled around in hostels etc so have no issue sharing, but obviously for study etc would appreciate my own space.

• Advertisement

East there tiger...don't over do it now ;-) lol

Might be tempted into another one or possibly two, such a rebel I know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I'm trying to read through the 50-odd pages of the starting in GV thread, but can't see any answer to the following, so does anyone know if now that the intake numbers are lessened we still share a room?

I've travelled around in hostels etc so have no issue sharing, but obviously for study etc would appreciate my own space.

I was say that you probably will have to share buddy unless there's an uneven number of recruits. It's probably done to emphasise team working and a buddy buddy system similar to the armed forces where you help each other out and check each other over before inspections and parades and the like. I snore so God help the poor fecked that has to share with me if I get in! Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

@Derob - Just edited your OP mate. Well bloody done you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You'll have to buddy up I'm afraid. Even though the rooms were originally designed for single occupancy only, you'll need a very good reason to have a room to yourself.

Oh well.. at least they all have an en-suite sink.

Yes ladies, we did guys do.

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    You'll have to buddy up I'm afraid. Even though the rooms were originally designed for single occupancy only, you'll need a very good reason to have a room to yourself.

Oh well.. at least they all have an en-suite sink.

Yes ladies, we did guys do.

-Shield.

Ok thanks for clarifying. At least it's someone near by to ask questions of.

I'll go to the gym most of my free time that I'm not studying anyway.

Try and find a happy balance between the two though. Fitness is important in the job, but so is knowing the job itself. Now might be a good time to review your online learning if you still have access to it.

Shield wrote: »
    Try and find a happy balance between the two though. Fitness is important in the job, but so is knowing the job itself. Now might be a good time to review your online learning if you still have access to it.

Don't think I have access to it anymore.

I believe on the call earlier it was said it would open again after the induction?

I can't really remember though, off sick today and the call awoke me out of a sweaty dizzy nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Few names on here i know have been waiting a while! Well done guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

That's some early Christmas pressie for yas all! Enjoy, well deserved! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

OMG!!!! Well done folks. Is it that time already or were they on the ball and surprised the lot of you? Enjoy your last Xmas off, God knows when the next one will be :P seriously though massive congrats to you all and hopefully a few more names will go on tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Well done folks we will be seeing you all very soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

morning all :D

morning all :D

Welcome Mate :)

Chuffed you got the shout moto!!

Excellent moto!! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

ta all, still can't believe it! Haven't done a jot of work this morning - too excited!

ta all, still can't believe it! Haven't done a jot of work this morning - too excited!

You've done more than me moto. I spent most of the mornin in bed with a hangover haha

You've done more than me moto. I spent most of the mornin in bed with a hangover haha

Better not get put in a room with you then bucko, all night parties!! Lol

Better not get put in a room with you then bucko, all night parties!! Lol

Haha...not likely mate! My partying days are well behind me...too old for that craic now!

Special circumstances last night ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Well done everyone on getting your calls! See you all in GV!!

Party now while you can because after induction weekend it's study study study!!

Best of luck! :-)

Having a rather nice whisky currently... Still hasn't sank in yet!

Just curious as to what score all you lucky folks are on that got the call? Send me an PM if you don't want to share publicly.

WannabePC wrote: »
    Just curious as to what score all you lucky folks are on that got the call? Send me an PM if you don't want to share publicly.

I was 79-82 score mate. Lotta waiting around. I became zen-like with my waiting abilities lol

I was 79-82 score mate. Lotta waiting around. I became zen-like with my waiting abilities lol

Ahh ok mate, good scoring! I'll be waiting a while with my score then lol.

Ahh ok mate, good scoring! I'll be waiting a while with my score then lol.

Dunno to be honest with you wannabe! Not sure what everyone else's scores were who got shouted.

Have you passed pca n medical?

• Advertisement

HA!!!! You bloody fibber :P

Mop a top wrote: »
    HA!!!! You bloody fibber :P

Hahaha!!

Ok, ok...zen-like maybe not the phrase i should be using lol

Blind panic?

Yea...that's better ;-)

I was in the very high 60s

Dunno to be honest with you wannabe! Not sure what everyone else's scores were who got shouted.

Have you passed pca n medical?

Not yet mate, I have my PCA next week and hopefully will get a date for a medical before Crimbo. JUst trying to gauge where everyone else is and see if there's a realistic shout to get in the next couple of squads. My vetting was submitted mid October so I won't query it until at least January. How are you getting on? Are you one of the lucky ones that got the call this week?

Hahaha!!

Ok, ok...zen-like maybe not the phrase i should be using lol

Blind panic?

Yea...that's better ;-)

Sorry my lovely, couldn't help it and you'd expect nothing less of me :P

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Sorry my lovely, couldn't help it and you'd expect nothing less of me :P

Absolutely not mop my dear ;-)

Not yet mate, I have my PCA next week and hopefully will get a date for a medical before Crimbo. JUst trying to gauge where everyone else is and see if there's a realistic shout to get in the next couple of squads. My vetting was submitted mid October so I won't query it until at least January. How are you getting on? Are you one of the lucky ones that got the call this week?

Yea wannabe...got the call on Monday. Still buzzing and it's beginning to sink in what's ahead of me. Can't wait to get stuck in!

Best of luck for you mate!!

Happy days buddy! Congrats!! I'm sure you're over the moon! How many cracks have you had at the process?

Happy days buddy! Congrats!! I'm sure you're over the moon! How many cracks have you had at the process?

First time around for me wannabe thankfully. I've got massive respect for people who've applied and put themselves through the process maybe 2 or 3 times. It takes a lot out of ye!

First time around for me wannabe thankfully. I've got massive respect for people who've applied and put themselves through the process maybe 2 or 3 times. It takes a lot out of ye!

Outstanding! I've been lingering around since the Consensia days before it was Deloitte and let's just say I've had a few more goes at at than yourself lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Congrats people, see ya in GV! MidgetGem, glad the call finally came round for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Outstanding! I've been lingering around since the Consensia days before it was Deloitte and let's just say I've had a few more goes at at than yourself lol :D

Consensia; now that's a blast from the past!!

Back in the days when all applications were handwritten and waiting for the postman lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    Consensia; now that's a blast from the past!!

Back in the days when all applications were handwritten and waiting for the postman lol

I remember those days all too well myself!

.S. wrote: »
    Congrats people, see ya in GV! MidgetGem, glad the call finally came round for you!

Thanks buddy ;-) worth the wait! How you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Heads melted tonight lol, time management is tough, fitting everything in. It's challenging but I love it =)

• Advertisement
Advertisement