Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2016 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

Having a rather nice whisky currently... Still hasn't sank in yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Just curious as to what score all you lucky folks are on that got the call? Send me an PM if you don't want to share publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

WannabePC wrote: »
    Just curious as to what score all you lucky folks are on that got the call? Send me an PM if you don't want to share publicly.

I was 79-82 score mate. Lotta waiting around. I became zen-like with my waiting abilities lol

I was 79-82 score mate. Lotta waiting around. I became zen-like with my waiting abilities lol

Ahh ok mate, good scoring! I'll be waiting a while with my score then lol.

Ahh ok mate, good scoring! I'll be waiting a while with my score then lol.

Dunno to be honest with you wannabe! Not sure what everyone else's scores were who got shouted.

Have you passed pca n medical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

HA!!!! You bloody fibber :P

Mop a top wrote: »
    HA!!!! You bloody fibber :P

Hahaha!!

Ok, ok...zen-like maybe not the phrase i should be using lol

Blind panic?

Yea...that's better ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I was in the very high 60s

Dunno to be honest with you wannabe! Not sure what everyone else's scores were who got shouted.

Have you passed pca n medical?

Not yet mate, I have my PCA next week and hopefully will get a date for a medical before Crimbo. JUst trying to gauge where everyone else is and see if there's a realistic shout to get in the next couple of squads. My vetting was submitted mid October so I won't query it until at least January. How are you getting on? Are you one of the lucky ones that got the call this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hahaha!!

Ok, ok...zen-like maybe not the phrase i should be using lol

Blind panic?

Yea...that's better ;-)

Sorry my lovely, couldn't help it and you'd expect nothing less of me :P

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Sorry my lovely, couldn't help it and you'd expect nothing less of me :P

Absolutely not mop my dear ;-)

Not yet mate, I have my PCA next week and hopefully will get a date for a medical before Crimbo. JUst trying to gauge where everyone else is and see if there's a realistic shout to get in the next couple of squads. My vetting was submitted mid October so I won't query it until at least January. How are you getting on? Are you one of the lucky ones that got the call this week?

Yea wannabe...got the call on Monday. Still buzzing and it's beginning to sink in what's ahead of me. Can't wait to get stuck in!

Best of luck for you mate!!

Happy days buddy! Congrats!! I'm sure you're over the moon! How many cracks have you had at the process?

Happy days buddy! Congrats!! I'm sure you're over the moon! How many cracks have you had at the process?

First time around for me wannabe thankfully. I've got massive respect for people who've applied and put themselves through the process maybe 2 or 3 times. It takes a lot out of ye!

First time around for me wannabe thankfully. I've got massive respect for people who've applied and put themselves through the process maybe 2 or 3 times. It takes a lot out of ye!

Outstanding! I've been lingering around since the Consensia days before it was Deloitte and let's just say I've had a few more goes at at than yourself lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Congrats people, see ya in GV! MidgetGem, glad the call finally came round for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Outstanding! I've been lingering around since the Consensia days before it was Deloitte and let's just say I've had a few more goes at at than yourself lol :D

Consensia; now that's a blast from the past!!

Back in the days when all applications were handwritten and waiting for the postman lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    Consensia; now that's a blast from the past!!

Back in the days when all applications were handwritten and waiting for the postman lol

I remember those days all too well myself!

.S. wrote: »
    Congrats people, see ya in GV! MidgetGem, glad the call finally came round for you!

Thanks buddy ;-) worth the wait! How you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Heads melted tonight lol, time management is tough, fitting everything in. It's challenging but I love it =)

• Advertisement

Brilliant mate! Not about the head melting obvs tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭.45auto

Hi lads and girls I am 18 years old and recently applied to the PSNI and I have been issued a date to attend the IST. Do you think with my age that I really stand a chance becoming a police constable. Surely they would want someone older and with a bit more life experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

.45auto wrote: »
    Hi lads and girls I am 18 years old and recently applied to the PSNI and I have been issued a date to attend the IST. Do you think with my age that I really stand a chance becoming a police constable. Surely they would want someone older and with a bit more life experience?

Your age is only a number. One of the guys to graduate a few months back was only just 19. Put your head down and work hard and there's no reason why you wouldn't make it!

Mornin all!

Anyone received their induction packs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Mornin all!

Anyone received their induction packs yet?

Yeah bud, got mine yesterday's post

Derob wrote: »
    Yeah bud, got mine yesterday's post

Im always the last one to receive stuff cos of where I live, always. Should be here today!

Anything in there take you by surprise d'rob or all as expected?

Im always the last one to receive stuff cos of where I live, always. Should be here today!

Anything in there take you by surprise d'rob or all as expected?

No pretty straightforward, just few forms to fill out and bit of reading through to do and start shopping list lol!

Derob wrote: »
    No pretty straightforward, just few forms to fill out and bit of reading through to do and start shopping list lol!

Shopping list consist of much then?!

Shopping list consist of much then?!

No not too bad, just been a very long time since I slept under a single duvet lol! Love my king size one ;)

• Advertisement

I needa get myself a good steam iron lol

Any tips? Don't want to spend a fortune on one but want it to be good quality

Advertisement