Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downton Abbey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

What night of the week is Downton Abbey on TV3? The first week of the series, it was on Tuesday, but then moved to Wednesday because of the rugby, I think. Is it still on Wednesdays? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

cactusgal wrote: »
    What night of the week is Downton Abbey on TV3? The first week of the series, it was on Tuesday, but then moved to Wednesday because of the rugby, I think. Is it still on Wednesdays? Thanks!

Apart from the first episode which was shown on a Tuesday because of a match on the Wednesday, it has always been on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Poor Carson. I don't suppose it would cheer him up any to know that the Chinese takeaway won't be around for at least another 40 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Poor Carson. I don't suppose it would cheer him up any to know that the Chinese takeaway won't be around for at least another 40 years.

He had it coming. That was about the only bit I enjoyed last night. The car crash was as predictable as today being Monday. Edith had the perfect chance to explain the story of Marigold and fluffed it.

In the words of Lady "the Bitch" Mary, "I'm beginning to find it all rather tiresome".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It looks like Branson may have found himself a love interest with the editor of the magazine. Although there was very little interaction between them. Barrow may get himself a reprieve with Mr Mosely getting a job at the school. I doubt we will be seeing The Dowager next week.

The last regular episode next week and looking at the ITV Listings, it looks like an extended episode. I'll get through this knowing that there will be the christmas episode, but I cannot cope with the thought of Downton finishing. The programme brings such wonderful, light-hearted, escapism. There has been no more wonderful feeling than closing the blinds, turning off the lights and watching Downton Abbey. They were such simple times and people seemed to have so much more time back then.

No matter what way it will end, I will be devastated on Christmas Day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It looks like Branson may have found himself a love interest with the editor of the magazine.

Oh I hope so. I hate the thought of him ending up with Mary but he has been so inserted into the scenes of Mary and the man she has absolutely no chemistry with that I was sure Tom and Mary would be the surprise twist ending.

I'm so happy for Mr Mosley, I hope
    the scenes the previews showed of him having a tough time with the kids were deliberately misleading and
    he finds his feet fast. With only one episode left I assume he will.

I thought it was so funny when Edith said she wasn't used to men wanting to marry her. Bertie is the third man who wanted to marry her. Strallen just loved her too much to tie her to an old man with one arm and Gregson was murdered but died leaving her everything. But I do love her and Bertie together and hope he accepts her past quickly.
    I'm so looking forward to her show down with Mary next week but hope it will be an air clearing show down which will let them have a future as proper sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I love Lady Mary but I'm in love with Mr. Barrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

unfortunately I can see Barrow doing away with himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

jezzer wrote: »
    unfortunately I can see Barrow doing away with himself

This is exactly what I feel they are building towards :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yeah, I've thought that all season.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I thought Barrow might get Molesley's job now he's off to be a teacher, it would be a step down but at least he'd get to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Asarlai, have you posted that same comment once a week for the past 3 weeks or is my Boards app playing up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

The scene between the Dowager Countess and Miss Crookshank was brilliant.

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Asarlai, have you posted that same comment once a week for the past 3 weeks or is my Boards app playing up??

No, SillyBeans, your app is not playing up. If you've ever loved or been in love or, worse still, both at the same time, you know what I'm going through.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Asarlai wrote:
    No, SillyBeans, your app is not playing up. If you've ever loved or been in love or, worse still, both at the same time, you know what I'm going through.

Asarlai wrote:
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Okey dokey then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Okey dokey then...

I'm so confused. What post? I can't see any repeated posts and what has any of it for to do with Downton Abbey?
    Have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Asarlai wrote: »
    I'm so confused. What post? I can't see any repeated posts and what has any of it for to do with Downton Abbey?
    Have I missed something?

The above, rather obscure, post has appeared a few times recently.

Must admit I'm a bit confused as well, on a few different levels!

I just commented as I found it strange that the same post was appearing so many times and I asked if it was a glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I just commented as I found it strange that the same post was appearing so many times and I asked if it was a glitch.

I had noticed it too, didn't click it was all the same poster.

Anyway....last episode this week is it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asarlai viewpost.gif

Quote:
    Originally Posted by notjustsweet viewpost.gif
    Have I missed something?

The above, rather obscure, post has appeared a few times recently.

Must admit I'm a bit confused as well, on a few different levels!

I am not alone with my impulses.

http://is.gd/mNz8t9

• Advertisement

I had noticed it too, didn't click it was all the same poster.

Anyway....last episode this week is it?

I think tonight is the last until the Xmas special :)

I've just realised those of us stuck with UTV Ireland might not get to see the Christmas special on Christmas Day! Can anyone remember if TV3 usually show it on Christmas Day or after?

I think they show it Christmas Day. I hope so anyway. Even though it's gone downhill a bit, I still really enjoy it, wouldn't feel like Christmas without it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Last year they showed it on St. Stephen’s Day :(

https://www.tv3.ie/pr_sub.php?type=1&view_pr=701

JohnK wrote: »
    Last year they showed it on St. Stephen’s Day :(

https://www.tv3.ie/pr_sub.php?type=1&view_pr=701

That's what I thought.

I suppose the fact that some people can still get ITV through Sky means that allowing TV3 to show it at the same time could take viewers away from ITV. That said I'm not sure ITV would care that much about Irish viewers?

That was a poor ending. Hurry up Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Very disappointing ending. Goes to show if you be a b!tch you shall be rewarded. So wanted it to be other way around.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

I knew they wouldn't tie up all the loose ends.....have to leave something for the special :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,257 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Surely they will let Edith be happy in the Christmas ep?!! I do like Mary despite her bitchiness but I wish it had been Edith walking up the aisle tonight!

Poor aul Barrow, knew that was coming, thank God he didn't die though.

Looking forward to the christmas episode now, 2 years on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I can't quite believe how well written and acted tonight was. Sure it went in all the directions we expected but that was season 1 level of good. Fellowes has phoned in the last few seasons and now he pulls out the proof he deserves the plaudits. Also, I'm part sorry part pleased to be right about Barrow. It was well handled.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement