Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I click the button in the email and it just brings me to the homepage. I try to log in and it fails saying my login credentials are wrong. No code received at any point.

OK when I copied the link from the email into the browser I registered with, it picked up that I was 'logged in' from when I registered and proceeded to validate my email. I then got a code.

It had failed because my gmail is blocked in work and I tried it with my phone. It seems you have to use the same browser you registered with. Other than that you cannot log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Where are the free deliveries? have they stopped the 3 free deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Cuban wrote: »
    Where are the free deliveries? have they stopped the 3 free deliveries?
    It's indicated on 'My Parcel Passport' page under My Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

This should be better for over sized items

edit
    Maximum consignment weight under this service is 20kg. Maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

thats not exactly big

What would happen if the box received were bigger than those dimensions? Is there a surcharge listed somewhere or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

So instead of dropping 30/40 packages in a locker DPD/Parcel Wizard will deliver straight to 30/40 different houses and it's cheaper! Excellent.

I can see the schedule/calendar being quite handy. For example if I'm doing my Christmas shopping this week and know that I'm off on Wednesday the 25th I can have it all arrive at my door that day. Plus they'll send me a text reminder the day before and an estimated delivery time on the day.

Registered without any issues. Just used ParcelMotel a couple of hours ago too. :(

Now all we need is the Euro/Sterling to improve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

zerks wrote: »
    My nearest Parcel Motel is in Wexford Town and I'm in Enniscorthy,I know they now do home delivery for €7.95 but if DPD do it for half that then I'm sold on it.

Anyone ordering stuff from China,delivery via Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard will halve their delivery time.

Parcel Wizard don't accept packages from outside the EU, Parcel Motel do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The whole reason I use Parcel Motel now is that I'm working during hours when they deliver.

Parcel Wizard won't fix that because they don't deliver on Saturday's so for that reason I doubt that Parcel Motel will worry that much since us working people will still very much need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

devnull wrote: »
    for that reason I doubt that Parcel Motel will worry that much since us working people will still very much need them.

Shhhh we should be bigging this up in the hope that they start a price war :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Signed up great, thanks! I never have a problem getting things delivered at home, also they can drop it into work to me, way handier than parcel motel. And they have a Calendar feature too, nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Trying to register and getting the following (very useful) error message:
    Error occurred, please try again

Anybody else getting the same?

Update: Working now. I think my password was too long....

For me it was adding a plus sign in my gmail address which is perfectly valid.

• Advertisement

Just realised that you can pick different addresses too. If you're not home on a certain day you instruct them to deliver to your work address or the address of a family member/neighbour. You can also choose to just pick it up at a depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fine I suppose but the big selling point of Parcel Motel for me is that I don't have to be at home to get it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fine I suppose but the big selling point of Parcel Motel for me is that I don't have to be at home to get it delivered.
    Use ParcelWizard to get it delivered to ParcelMotel... problem solved! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

The whole reason I use Parcel Motel now is that I'm working during hours when they deliver.

Parcel Wizard won't fix that because they don't deliver on Saturday's so for that reason I doubt that Parcel Motel will worry that much since us working people will still very much need them.

I'm getting my stuff delivered to the office

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I'm getting my stuff delivered to the office

Why use Parcel Wizard at all then and not get it delivered straight there and save yourself a few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

yeah, that's what I'm saying. Instead of PM I'm getting PW delivered to the office

Why use Parcel Wizard at all then and not get it delivered straight there and save yourself a few quid?

I think most of us use PM/PW solely for UK purchases, when the delivery price to Ireland is expensive/nonexistent. That's the big selling point here.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Im trying to sign up but it says "an error has occured, please try again later"

Also do we need a coupon code for the 3 free stays?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

For me it was adding a plus sign in my gmail address which is perfectly valid.

I spoke too soon! Still no validation email and trying again with a different email address gives me the error again.

I'll try it again later. I couldn't be arsed dealing with this for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I signed up no problem. All customers, not just newbies, get three free deliveries to their UK address and no coupon/code required

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-parcel-passport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got the error too. Maybe boards busted their sign up system!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I'm getting the error too, tried changing my password several times. Still getting an error.

So basically,
    • If you can't receive a package to your home,
    • Scheduling a delivery day doesn't suit,
    • If you can't get it delivered to your place of employment,
    • If you can't get it delivered to a neighbour/friend/family member/local shop,
    • If you can't collect it from the DPD depot,

then you'll have to pay more for the Parcel Motel service IF there is one convenient to you.

For everything else there's Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thanks.
    Have a DPD driver into the job every day so this suits me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks for this. I use DPD quite a bit and always get an email and text giving an hour space when my parcel will arrive. Most of the time they arrive within the first five minutes of that time slot. MInd you I live in a large town and most of the courier companies deliever at that time. There is no parcel motel nearby for me so this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Thanks. I might sign up just to have options of delivery to my work. My rural house can never be found by couriers (they always have to ring), so this service isn't so useful for those out in the sticks. I've found Parcel Connect to be better for me as I pass one of their 900 odd store/shop locations everyday. Parcel Motel tend only to be in the cities and awkward to get to at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Will give this a shot. Had my problems with parcel motel on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

Won't be until after Christmas, but An Post will be starting the same kind of service. They will have a warehouse in London, so UK mainland postage only will be available to Ireland. Won't be delivered to your house but to a post office you select when registering. You will get a text or email when it's at this post office and will have 5 days to pick it up before being returned. Think it's going to cost in or around €3.50 per delivery.
    Had a few problems with DPD myself. Parcel motel is great for the UK stuff, but the UK mainland only delivery stuff is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

DPD are owned by the same people that own Chronopost and PostNord amongst others - http://www.dpd.com/home/our_network.

There are plenty of online stores in Europe that don't deliver here, or do for a high price.
    I wonder would they expand into Europe 2378_infatuated.gif as Parcel Motel already said they wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks Op! I order a good bit from the uk and use parcel motel :)
    Where do I collect my package? Is it delivered to my house ?

Advertisement