Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Reserve Training

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

I'm in Galway myself, wbu ?

Dublin. I've asked two friends of mine who joined the reserves last year and they never had to go for that "chat" in their local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Hi,lads.I'm in Dublin.I'm going tomorrow at noon for this interview.I'll update you on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Slava1976 wrote: »
    Hi,lads.I'm in Dublin.I'm going tomorrow at noon for this interview.I'll update you on that.

Best of luck with it mate

Hey,guys.Soooo...About this interview.Kinda "Second opinion".Or how I can think about it like "No harm to run check on us twice"...Sergant just ran quickly through my application form and that's it.Noticed stamp on my application form "15 July"...So looks like last check point before study.Whoever is going for the same interview-GOOD LUCK! :)

Hey,guys.Soooo...About this interview.Kinda "Second opinion".Or how I can think about it like "No harm to run check on us twice"...Sergant just ran quickly through my application form and that's it.Noticed stamp on my application form "15 July"...So looks like last check point before study.Whoever is going for the same interview-GOOD LUCK! :)

Great news mate can I ask when did you do the medical ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

Lads I just emailed public app office to see is the sept class happening. They emailed back sayin that there big meeting and we will know very soon , but at end of message they said " personally I don't tink the class will happen in sept , more than like be rescheduled

Has anyone got any info

Lads I just emailed public app office to see is the sept class happening. They emailed back sayin that there big meeting and we will know very soon , but at end of message they said " personally I don't tink the class will happen in sept , more than like be rescheduled

Has anyone got any info

This is a joke they tell people dates and then last minute decide not to go ahead with them. This is the second time this has happened since my medical.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    This is a joke they tell people dates and then last minute decide not to go ahead with them. This is the second time this has happened since my medical.

It's not deffo cancelled there have meeting or somtin , it's a joke really because people (myself included) have asked for time off it work and it was hardship for me with my bosses , now I know the class wasn't fully confirmed but in all fairness they need to let us all know

It's not deffo cancelled there have meeting or somtin , it's a joke really because people (myself included) have asked for time off it work and it was hardship for me with my bosses , now I know the class wasn't fully confirmed but in all fairness they need to let us all know

Im in the same boat I had a deposit paid on a holiday 150 euro it was for the same time as the dates given for September I cancelled the holiday as I can't afford to take much time off in work my bosses keep at me to confirm my dates for holidays. Hopefully it'll be within the next week we find out.

Im in the same boat I had a deposit paid on a holiday 150 euro it was for the same time as the dates given for September I cancelled the holiday as I can't afford to take much time off in work my bosses keep at me to confirm my dates for holidays. Hopefully it'll be within the next week we find out.

Very annoying at this stage , but let's keep positive and wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

I rang HQ , I just wanted to here from themselfs they also said that more then likely the dates will be changed to late October/Early November and then another Class In New year 2016 January.
    I done my Medical 4 months ago now . Let's hope that meeting is soon so we can get confirmed Dates .

I think I'll be only one who'll be happy if dates will move to the end of October or even January because I'm working in busy hotel so from April till October we have kinda "no flight" zone for holidays.Our hotel even closing every January for renovation so I think if I'll be offered to choose-I'll take January.

I think I'll be only one who'll be happy if dates will move to the end of October or even January because I'm working in busy hotel so from April till October we have kinda "no flight" zone for holidays.Our hotel even closing every January for renovation so I think if I'll be offered to choose-I'll take January.

My job is the same in relation to holidays but ive told them Im taking them or leaving and they said they'd accommodate me, I just hope it's this year as I don't want to waste next years holiday at the start of the year.

Lucky you !! If dates get changed il have to miss it , nov dec are a no go for holidays for me , Iv already bin told that by boss , sept/oct were the only time they would give me unpaid leave ,, wish they would just let us know for deffo coz I'm head wrecked not knowing

Id say we would know soon . After that meeting they will just pick the dates that suit the college and then let us know asap. Infairness there has been no reserve classes in 2015 so they want to get a move on , By the sounds of they guy i was talking to the dates will be moved foward a month .

Class are cancelled just got email there , end of November but that hasn't been confirmed yet either, but I'm sure that one will go ahead as they can't keep Cancelling them.

Same here.My boss will be very happy. :)

Tbh I am happy with the new dates , I have stuff on in September arnd the same time as the old dates, they may still have one in October yet.

Same here.My boss will be very happy. :)

I got same email ,, I'm gutted as nov don't suit me il have to see nxt year I'm raging to say the least, I was talking to boss monday and said that sept class might be cancelled and asked them how would they be fixed if it was nov/dec ,, he said they couldn't give me time of has it was our busiest time and I can't take 2 weeks unpaid in nov/dec coz my sis is getting married 12th dec and I need the money, I'm so disappointed 😞

Fathead , at the end of the email its say that the dates will be changed about , so there may be a class in October yet .

• Advertisement

Fathead , at the end of the email its say that the dates will be changed about , so there may be a class in October yet .

Hey my email said that this training postponed and the new provisional dates are nov 24/25

Logically thinking-99% will be 24th&25th of November...because this's already 3rd time dates moved...imagine,what every month office will send us email kinda "sorry,lad,dates has been changed...AGAIN...".something happened so they had to move dates.life is life.just wait a little bit.we're nearly there.

Hey ,, anyone heard anymore about training ??

Hey ,, anyone heard anymore about training ??

No only that temporary dates are the end of November but that was said in September and I wouldn't be surprised if it's put off till next year.

I was onto HQ today and they said no dates confirmed for this year.

I honestly cant see November class going ahead, if it was i would say they would have it confirmed by now .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

But aren't they up in the air about confirming dates though? Even in the email we got about possibly deferring training to November they couldn't even say for definite so it would even go ahead in November.. We could get a call next week saying it's going ahead ya never know..it seems all up in the air..

But aren't they up in the air about confirming dates though? Even in the email we got about possibly deferring training to November they couldn't even say for definite so it would even go ahead in November.. We could get a call next week saying it's going ahead ya never know..it seems all up in the air..

To be honest I don't think they even know what's going on, the college is that busy they can't squeeze us in. I really don't see it happening this year, new recruitment for full time starts next year so it will be the same next year as well.

Hey,lads.Yesterday got a call from my local station to pop-in today for a security check.After 10 minutes chat with inspector I can say-I'm pretty much "secure"...Good news that our files not on a shelf til better days so game still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Hey,lads.Yesterday got a call from my local station to pop-in today for a security check.After 10 minutes chat with inspector I can say-I'm pretty much "secure"...Good news that our files not on a shelf til better days so game still on.

Are you waiting long . Got that call myself two weeks ago . 10 min everything was fine just back to the waiting game

Well,I did my medical back in April and I had kinda the same interview in the same station about month ago with a different inspector.But this time inspector mentioned that now he'll be sending my file back to Garda Reserve office which means all this time my file was laying in my local Garda station.As I said before-"Game on" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer. I live near the college and know some staff haven't heard any news in a while from them on dates .

Great news lads, im not sure everyone has to do the meeting but I don't like the idea of My file sitting around in my local station. Anyways hopefully we get word soon on dates.

Anyone hear anything about training or anyone go for the meeting with the super ? Coming into November now hopefully we get word of something, the temporary dates are the 24th

So lads i rang in to the office today as i wanted to know what the story with the class in november was,
    I was told due to low numbers being able to attend that the class will more than likely not go ahead , i asked when will we get a chance so, not this year and she didnt even think in the new year , so maybe mid next year , She said coz it being left so long files had to be vetted again and medicals only last 6 months , so any1 that did one when i did mine 4 months back will probs have to do it again .
    it has always been a joke , i dont even know why i care at this stage . All they need is 20 people for a class , and im sure they could get that together in a months time .

• Advertisement

So lads i rang in to the office today as i wanted to know what the story with the class in november was,
    I was told due to low numbers being able to attend that the class will more than likely not go ahead , i asked when will we get a chance so, not this year and she didnt even think in the new year , so maybe mid next year , She said coz it being left so long files had to be vetted again and medicals only last 6 months , so any1 that did one when i did mine 4 months back will probs have to do it again .
    it has always been a joke , i dont even know why i care at this stage . All they need is 20 people for a class , and im sure they could get that together in a months time .

I am not even surprised anymore with anything I hear from HQ. From day one it's been a joke.

I am not even surprised anymore with anything I hear from HQ. From day one it's been a joke.

All we can do is go for full time , this garda reserve idea is just Bull****... Never going to happen

All we can do is go for full time , this garda reserve idea is just Bull****... Never going to happen

I agree at least it's only 2 weeks away before applications are accepted. Knuckle down and practice the material.

Interesting article today in the irish examiner calling for more garda reserves to be taken on and deployed in stations across the country. Funny how they have people waiting so long and are turning these people of by keeping them in the dark.

honestly the reserve is all i want to do at the moment as i want to finish my degree , but i also want a foot in the door . crazy how they are not going ahead for the 3rd time , they say they dont have files ready i think that is absolute bull

• Advertisement

The assistant commissioner has said yesterday that the reserves need to be expanded and more recruited. When this will happen is anybody's guess

it wont be any time soon

Don't I know it sure the commissioner said early this year there would be 2 classes this year of reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Never mind recruiting more reserves, why are they not recruiting FROM the reserves into the full time? This would increase the amount wanting to join the Reserves if they saw there was a clear prospect of progressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The Reserves is the biggest joke going, the full timers know it, the Reserves know it and the worst thing no one cares.

No powers
    No members that care right the way up to the top
    No progression into full time service
    Ostracized 90% of the time
    What a joke, only reason I am sticking it out is in the hope to go full time, it wouldn't look to go if I left. Don't be to down if training is put off your not missing out on much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

TallGlass wrote: »
    The Reserves is the biggest joke going, the full timers know it, the Reserves know it and the worst thing no one cares.

No powers
    No members that care right the way up to the top
    No progression into full time service
    Ostracized 90% of the time
    What a joke, only reason I am sticking it out is in the hope to go full time, it wouldn't look to go if I left. Don't be to down if training is put off your not missing out on much.

Firstly I hear your point!

If your a member you should get onto your liaison officer with any problems.

Not all reserves are fit for full time, many of them fall short during the campaign.

We do have powers!! Use them if your power crazy..but be warned!!! know your stuff, because if it ends up in court and you don't have a clue. You have just wasted your time. 90% is talking things down.

Note to all.....
    Throw yourself in guys, if and when you get called up, get to know your unit etc.. Any after work events go! Five aside Football etc etc... Give your colleagues support, keep the head down! And get on with your job at hand.. Don't be shy!!!
    And don't act jack the lad....

I'll say one thing!!
    The vetting process for the GR is very bad..
    It only takes around two months, if your going full time!! They need to look at this..
    All your family members background checks are done at their local stations. Which means different stations differ if may ways of operation. Plenty of dust on files.

Dont be miss led by others folks, let the slow process do its job.. And get on with your life...

Stay focused... If your right for the part time or full time, you will get on! The GR gives you an insight into the job at hand..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Hi Guys,

Any more news on training dates? Is it still going ahead late this month?
    I did my medical about 3 months ago and passed, but heard nothing as yet!!
    Do i get a call or email to say that i have to go to Templemore for training or is there more interviews with local super ??

Rookie

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Any more news on training dates? Is it still going ahead late this month?
    I did my medical about 3 months ago and passed, but heard nothing as yet!!
    Do i get a call or email to say that i have to go to Templemore for training or is there more interviews with local super ??

Rookie

Your guess is as good as mine, when the September dates were cancelled I recieved an email informing me. According to other members on here they were told a class this year is unlikely, I am waiting patiently to see if I get an email confirming the 24th as the training or postponing it yet again for the third time this year.

Cedric87, would you give a ring yourself ? Like they say different things all the time .

Just been in touch they said no dates have been set and they are awaiting word from the college itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement