Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Training

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

I'm in Galway myself, wbu ?

Dublin. I've asked two friends of mine who joined the reserves last year and they never had to go for that "chat" in their local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Hi,lads.I'm in Dublin.I'm going tomorrow at noon for this interview.I'll update you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Slava1976 wrote: »
    Hi,lads.I'm in Dublin.I'm going tomorrow at noon for this interview.I'll update you on that.

Best of luck with it mate

Hey,guys.Soooo...About this interview.Kinda "Second opinion".Or how I can think about it like "No harm to run check on us twice"...Sergant just ran quickly through my application form and that's it.Noticed stamp on my application form "15 July"...So looks like last check point before study.Whoever is going for the same interview-GOOD LUCK! :)

Hey,guys.Soooo...About this interview.Kinda "Second opinion".Or how I can think about it like "No harm to run check on us twice"...Sergant just ran quickly through my application form and that's it.Noticed stamp on my application form "15 July"...So looks like last check point before study.Whoever is going for the same interview-GOOD LUCK! :)

Great news mate can I ask when did you do the medical ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

Lads I just emailed public app office to see is the sept class happening. They emailed back sayin that there big meeting and we will know very soon , but at end of message they said " personally I don't tink the class will happen in sept , more than like be rescheduled

Has anyone got any info

Lads I just emailed public app office to see is the sept class happening. They emailed back sayin that there big meeting and we will know very soon , but at end of message they said " personally I don't tink the class will happen in sept , more than like be rescheduled

Has anyone got any info

This is a joke they tell people dates and then last minute decide not to go ahead with them. This is the second time this has happened since my medical.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    This is a joke they tell people dates and then last minute decide not to go ahead with them. This is the second time this has happened since my medical.

It's not deffo cancelled there have meeting or somtin , it's a joke really because people (myself included) have asked for time off it work and it was hardship for me with my bosses , now I know the class wasn't fully confirmed but in all fairness they need to let us all know

It's not deffo cancelled there have meeting or somtin , it's a joke really because people (myself included) have asked for time off it work and it was hardship for me with my bosses , now I know the class wasn't fully confirmed but in all fairness they need to let us all know

Im in the same boat I had a deposit paid on a holiday 150 euro it was for the same time as the dates given for September I cancelled the holiday as I can't afford to take much time off in work my bosses keep at me to confirm my dates for holidays. Hopefully it'll be within the next week we find out.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat I had a deposit paid on a holiday 150 euro it was for the same time as the dates given for September I cancelled the holiday as I can't afford to take much time off in work my bosses keep at me to confirm my dates for holidays. Hopefully it'll be within the next week we find out.

Very annoying at this stage , but let's keep positive and wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

I rang HQ , I just wanted to here from themselfs they also said that more then likely the dates will be changed to late October/Early November and then another Class In New year 2016 January.
    I done my Medical 4 months ago now . Let's hope that meeting is soon so we can get confirmed Dates .

I think I'll be only one who'll be happy if dates will move to the end of October or even January because I'm working in busy hotel so from April till October we have kinda "no flight" zone for holidays.Our hotel even closing every January for renovation so I think if I'll be offered to choose-I'll take January.

I think I'll be only one who'll be happy if dates will move to the end of October or even January because I'm working in busy hotel so from April till October we have kinda "no flight" zone for holidays.Our hotel even closing every January for renovation so I think if I'll be offered to choose-I'll take January.

My job is the same in relation to holidays but ive told them Im taking them or leaving and they said they'd accommodate me, I just hope it's this year as I don't want to waste next years holiday at the start of the year.

Lucky you !! If dates get changed il have to miss it , nov dec are a no go for holidays for me , Iv already bin told that by boss , sept/oct were the only time they would give me unpaid leave ,, wish they would just let us know for deffo coz I'm head wrecked not knowing

Id say we would know soon . After that meeting they will just pick the dates that suit the college and then let us know asap. Infairness there has been no reserve classes in 2015 so they want to get a move on , By the sounds of they guy i was talking to the dates will be moved foward a month .

Class are cancelled just got email there , end of November but that hasn't been confirmed yet either, but I'm sure that one will go ahead as they can't keep Cancelling them.

Same here.My boss will be very happy. :)

Tbh I am happy with the new dates , I have stuff on in September arnd the same time as the old dates, they may still have one in October yet.

Same here.My boss will be very happy. :)

I got same email ,, I'm gutted as nov don't suit me il have to see nxt year I'm raging to say the least, I was talking to boss monday and said that sept class might be cancelled and asked them how would they be fixed if it was nov/dec ,, he said they couldn't give me time of has it was our busiest time and I can't take 2 weeks unpaid in nov/dec coz my sis is getting married 12th dec and I need the money, I'm so disappointed 😞

Fathead , at the end of the email its say that the dates will be changed about , so there may be a class in October yet .

• Advertisement

Fathead , at the end of the email its say that the dates will be changed about , so there may be a class in October yet .

Hey my email said that this training postponed and the new provisional dates are nov 24/25

Logically thinking-99% will be 24th&25th of November...because this's already 3rd time dates moved...imagine,what every month office will send us email kinda "sorry,lad,dates has been changed...AGAIN...".something happened so they had to move dates.life is life.just wait a little bit.we're nearly there.

Hey ,, anyone heard anymore about training ??

Hey ,, anyone heard anymore about training ??

No only that temporary dates are the end of November but that was said in September and I wouldn't be surprised if it's put off till next year.

I was onto HQ today and they said no dates confirmed for this year.

I honestly cant see November class going ahead, if it was i would say they would have it confirmed by now .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

But aren't they up in the air about confirming dates though? Even in the email we got about possibly deferring training to November they couldn't even say for definite so it would even go ahead in November.. We could get a call next week saying it's going ahead ya never know..it seems all up in the air..

But aren't they up in the air about confirming dates though? Even in the email we got about possibly deferring training to November they couldn't even say for definite so it would even go ahead in November.. We could get a call next week saying it's going ahead ya never know..it seems all up in the air..

To be honest I don't think they even know what's going on, the college is that busy they can't squeeze us in. I really don't see it happening this year, new recruitment for full time starts next year so it will be the same next year as well.

Hey,lads.Yesterday got a call from my local station to pop-in today for a security check.After 10 minutes chat with inspector I can say-I'm pretty much "secure"...Good news that our files not on a shelf til better days so game still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Hey,lads.Yesterday got a call from my local station to pop-in today for a security check.After 10 minutes chat with inspector I can say-I'm pretty much "secure"...Good news that our files not on a shelf til better days so game still on.

Are you waiting long . Got that call myself two weeks ago . 10 min everything was fine just back to the waiting game

Advertisement