Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

gimmick wrote: »
    In brief, what was the beef with MSL and Konnan?
    MSL used the 'n' word and Konnan used that to oust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gimmick wrote: »
    In brief, what was the beef with MSL and Konnan?

From what Ive gathered from MSLs appearance on Talking Sheet with Les Moore, Konnan just didn't like him and has been trying to get rid of him for sometime.

This incident comes from an email sent around by those in MLW, that had pics of a Brian Cage custom match. MSL replied to a question as to why Cage did this kind of match, to which he replied "N-Word gotta eat". (Its the catchphrase of kimbo Slice, MSL is a huge Kimbo mark)

Konnan being the kind of guy he is called MSL racist and refused to work with him and used this to try oust him.

Its quite rich from Konnan who uses the word in the same way and uses other such racical and homophobic terms.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, that killed any chance of me checking out Konnan's podcasts again. That's horrible to hear.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow, that killed any chance of me checking out Konnan's podcasts again. That's horrible to hear.

Well granted that MSLs version of the story, but I hadn't a high opinion of Konnan to begin with so I'm tending to believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

MSL and Court Bauer cross me as rich kids with an inflated sense of their achievements. MSL is a very bright guy though and I respect his opinions more than most people I hear talking about wrestling.

Slackers was a good description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Any idea what the Brock Lesnar appearance on the Steve Austin Podcast is going to be like? I don't know has Brock done other podcasts in the past, perhaps that's a stupid question but this strikes me as something out of the ordinary for him. It could be a bit strange.

Any idea what the Brock Lesnar appearance on the Steve Austin Podcast is going to be like? I don't know has Brock done other podcasts in the past, perhaps that's a stupid question but this strikes me as something out of the ordinary for him. It could be a bit strange.

I'm sure it'll be like the others where they're mutually respectful; they'll run down the bullet-points of his career and current run, and end on teasing a WrestleMania match. I'm looking forward to them handling the 2002 Austin leaving/won't job to Brock but Austin's already made peace with that time in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really enjoy Jerichos podcasts the most and I like his simple style. But ric flairs has been great craic the last while and Conrad is good at keeping it on track after ric goes off on a ramble :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll be like the others where they're mutually respectful; they'll run down the bullet-points of his career and current run, and end on teasing a WrestleMania match. I'm looking forward to them handling the 2002 Austin leaving/won't job to Brock but Austin's already made peace with that time in his life.
    Yeah I think that's going to be the big thing that people are looking out for if they're watching it the next day. It'll be awkward if Austin tells him he'd take him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

MSL and Court Bauer cross me as rich kids with an inflated sense of their achievements.
    Yeah actually what age was Bauer even when he had his own promotion? Must have been early 20s so you'd have to imagine his parents were bankrolling it.

And MSL is the grandson of a former Canadian prime minister.

So no one here listens to The Lapsed Fan podcast? I think it's the ridiculously geeky rapport the two leads have with each other that makes it for me but I can see it putting off others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ricero wrote: »
    Really enjoy Jerichos podcasts the most and I like his simple style. But ric flairs has been great craic the last while and Conrad is good at keeping it on track after ric goes off on a ramble :pac:

Is Ric's a Podcast One show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Flair is on CBS radio. The same network as Taz.

It's a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Review A Wai reviewing TNA Unbreakable 2005 this week was kinda sad. 10 years later from a high point of the company they have a Bound for Glory event I didn't even know about until the week of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Still supriseed by how good flairs podcast has been really enjoyed his one with stone cold

sky88 wrote: »
    Still supriseed by how good flairs podcast has been really enjoyed his one with stone cold

I find that Flair just uses it as a chance to catch up with people,which makes him and his guest more relaxed. Its less of an interview and more of a catch up with old pals.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I find that Flair just uses it as a chance to catch up with people,which makes him and his guest more relaxed. Its less of an interview and more of a catch up with old pals.

He seems to have left a lot of stuff go and made up with people like bret, foley and even bischoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Best wrestling podcast IMO. He has no filter and is probably gargled half the time. Conrad in fairness knows his stuff and does ask some good questions. I had really gone off Flair the last few years and wanted to hate the podcast but I look forward to new episodes airing.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Hulk Hogan will be on Flairs podcast...gunna be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Honestly reckon Flair and Con will carry him to a great 'cast

Will this go some way towards fixing things between him and the WWE you'd have to wonder?

• Advertisement

Will this go some way towards fixing things between him and the WWE you'd have to wonder?

Tbh ill i dont think theres that much wrong between them once this all dies over theyll slowly roll him back into the company like theyve done on the network already

sky88 wrote: »
    Tbh ill i dont think theres that much wrong between them once this all dies over theyll slowly roll him back into the company like theyve done on the network already
    I wasn't aware that he had been removed from the network, what do you mean there?

I have been listening to The Place To Be's interview with Scott Hudson. I don't think I had ever even thought of him since the night Buff Bagwell fought Booker T on Monday Night Raw. I love that professional wrestling has literally had a cast of thousands over the years and one positive with them buying video libraries is that stuff often gets accepted as WWE canon.

What Im Listening to the last month:

- I really have become a fan of Talkingsheet from the sheetsandwich.com guys.

Its an easy listen about the reporting of news in pro wrestling and I really enjoy Les whos a great host whos not too into himself and the ultra positive Hugh Little. Its a great way to get upto date with news you may have missed during the week with some nice impartial views.

- Between the Sheet with Bix and Kris is a great education for me. They read the old observers and go through news from a time (usually from 90-98) about a time for me when I had no real sense of what happened behind the scenes. Its just enlightening to me as a big fan as a 6 year old in 1990 and the news that was happening back then that I was oblivious to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

What Im Listening to the last month:

- Between the Sheet with Bix and Kris is a great education for me. They read the old observers and go through news from a time (usually from 90-98) about a time for me when I had no real sense of what happened behind the scenes. Its just enlightening to me as a big fan as a 6 year old in 1990 and the news that was happening back then that I was oblivious to.

Best podcast around IMO and alongside Exile on Badstreet provides history and context to so much great stuff. Its normally 3 hrs long but I dont find it hard work to get through at all. The PWO-PTBN soundcloud puts out some cracking content on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Raven on Austin was a hoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The dudley boys on Jericho was enjoyable. Thought his 25 year anniversary podcast with storm and his old Canadian wrestling friends was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Does anyone listen to Colt's Art of Wrestling podcast? It doesn't seem to get any appreciation.

mxph3 wrote: »
    Does anyone listen to Colt's Art of Wrestling podcast? It doesn't seem to get any appreciation.

AOW is the probably the biggest wrestling podcast in the world aside from maybe Austin's, it's probably taken as a given! That said I can't listen to the reams and reams of ads on wrestler podcasts, so I'll only check it out if there's a lot of traction online about an episode. I don't blame them (there's tens of thousands made from ads on Podcast One on every show) but I think spending like 12 minutes reading out ads is taking this piss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I like the VoW recap of the week's podcasts (that someone here probably pointed me towards) where they tell you when the interview starts so you can just skip ahead to that.

Advertisement