Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

sky88 wrote: »
    Totally agree all wrestlers are up their own a** most of the time.

I cant listen to JR at all i really cant bear him outside of him commentating these days
    There's something hilariously annoying about JR that makes it really easy to see why Vince was always tormenting him. There in an interview with wade keller last week after his account was hacked, his response to the hack was to list out a variety of things the hackers could have posted that would have been worse.
    It really just felt like he was challenging someone to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

There's something hilariously annoying about JR that makes it really easy to see why Vince was always tormenting him. There in an interview with wade keller last week after his account was hacked his response to the hack was to list out a variety of things the hackers could have posted that would have been worse. it really just felt like he was challenging someone to do it again.

Yea i have no symphathy for jr for his sacking. He made an ass of himself and was looking for a way out by the sounds of it.

I also use to love the ways they embaressed jr on raw.

His podcast is decent but i enjoy y2j and austins more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Colt Cabana's seems the best one to me from what I've tried. The PJ Black episode has an insane story about his father that I never knew. A real holy fuck moment. Don't think I've heard a bad episode yet.

Lasted less than 10 minutes with Taz whereas I usually give it a full episode at least.

Jim Cornette's is good too even if he is stuck in 1985. He has a great rant last week about the shootings in California. He just exploded and even managed to get a shot in at Russo right at the end. Has to be heard to be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Colt Cabana's seems the best one to me from what I've tried. The PJ Black episode has an insane story about his father that I never knew. A real holy fuck moment. Don't think I've heard a bad episode yet.

Lasted less than 10 minutes with Taz whereas I usually give it a full episode at least.

Jim Cornette's is good too even if he is stuck in 1985. He has a great rant last week about the shootings in California. He just exploded and even managed to get a shot in at Russo right at the end. Has to be heard to be appreciated.

Well jim isn't talking rubbish though. The same basic things should still hold through to today. I mean good guys and bad guys. It's not rocket science and the charlotte and paige feud is a perfect example. I saw it asked a few times last night who was the heel ? The fans shouldn't have to guess who is who.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I love Jim Cornette. He is a bit old fashioned, but he's right about the business being too exposed. It's hard to believe in storylines when you see what these wrestlers are like in real-life.

As for his political and social views, couldn't agree with the man more. He wants Sanders to be President and he hates gun nuts. He hates devoutly religious people, too.

He also tore into some Muslim guy form Perth, Australia because the Muslim was complaining about Cornette bashing Islam and then the Muslim went on to bash America. Basically, the Muslim wants free speech, but also wants censor free speech whenever it offends him and that pissed Cornette off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I both like and dislike Jerichos podcast at the same time. I always skip straight to the interviews, because I can't stand his "jokes" and catchphrases during his adds and he just hyped himself up too much.

But, I always come back because he gets great guests and really get them to open up. Only thing I hate in the interviews is when he tries to big up how much he has followed someone's career, but messes up the more well known details of their career....and when he tries to make his ads seem like they are part of the original interview, which is so badly done (All the background noise is suddenly killed and Jerichos voice becomes louder). At least JR and Austin will just go "Hey we gotta take a break for our sponsors", which works much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

But, I always come back because he gets great guests and really get them to open up. Only thing I hate in the interviews is when he tries to big up how much he has followed someone's career, but messes up the more well known details of their career....and when he tries to make his ads seem like they are part of the original interview, which is so badly done (All the background noise is suddenly killed and Jerichos voice becomes louder). At least JR and Austin will just go "Hey we gotta take a break for our sponsors", which works much better.

YES! Oh god I can't stand the cringe when he does this. "Ha ha Sheamus, you are the living end. And speaking of things that are the living end, Squarespace will be the living end of your Internet site-building needs!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

leggo wrote: »
    YES! Oh god I can't stand the cringe when he does this. "Ha ha Sheamus, you are the living end. And speaking of things that are the living end, Squarespace will be the living end of your Internet site-building needs!"

I actually laugh at that type of creative shilling. Like hows he going to work Uber into a plug following a Becky pun

It appears Jim cornette's rant on the Muslims last week was too far for his producer and co host Alice radley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Best news in podcasting! What an idiot. Love Cornette and MSL is a great co host.

• Advertisement

It seems that she is done with podcasting and with the online stuff. And she was clearly not a fan of the listeners to Jim's podcast and Got a bit nasty about us actually.
    https://t.co/TyS74BdvvW

Even better news. What an attention seeking weirdo.

Cornette burying Alex Greenfield was great. He is almost as unlistenable as Radley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Don't miss Celtic Wrestling Radio - CWR tonight 8-10pm only on room101radio.eu. You can also download the Room101 App. Huge week for wrestling news, we will be reviewing Sundays TLC, Monday Night Raw and of course NXT Takeover London. Lee & Bedlam will be revealing their predicted Wrestlemania cards and also we talk about the local Irish Wrestling news. Like us on facebook and feel free to tweet us during the show @cwrasslinradio.

Also here's last weeks podcast. Live show is every Friday 8-10pm on www.room101radio.eu followed by a podcast release every Monday on Room 101 Mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/Room101/ccw-radio-2015-12-11/

CWR_Friday.jpg

I hope someone tells Cornette that he and Russo seem to be in agreement on Kevin Steen/Owens. I suspect he'd explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It appears Jim cornette's rant on the Muslims last week was too far for his producer and co host Alice radley.

I can't find a link for this, was it taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Reebrock wrote: »
    I can't find a link for this, was it taken down?

I think it's this episode: http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/jim-cornette-experience-106

I hope someone tells Cornette that he and Russo seem to be in agreement on Kevin Steen/Owens. I suspect he'd explode.

Is Sprite a blood pressure lowerer ? Otherwise I wouldn't.

I mean Jim said he couldn't warm to Vince Russo if they were cremated together.

Also apparently Vince said on jra podcast that Jim pulled a gun on him. Madness.

He said he pulled a gun in an act of road rage. Against a woman. I find it strange he owns one considering his objection to gun laws in the US.

He can be very petty sometimes but I love his passion. For ef. Religion I agree wholeheartedly with him. Outlaw the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I thoroughly recommend every check out the 6:05 Superpodcast with David "Bix" Bixenspan and "The Great" Brian Last. Not overly long and two knowledgeable guys just chatting wrestling. Episode 4 has Jim Cornette and it was Cornette as a person chatting to two guys he knows and not Cornette the character being old and shíte.

www.605pod.com

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Just heard Mongo McMichael on Flair's podcast, it's hilarious, they share some great stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

Hey guys, a friend told me I should stick my name up here so here we are!
    Clothesline County is myself and my friend Bekah, we cover the weekly WWE stuff on our radio show and then do smaller podcasts on general wrestling trivia. It's very freeform and happy, didn't want to come across as something we aren't like.
    www.soundcloud.com/clotheslinecountyfm should link to the soundcloud! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is that Chewbekkah?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

Yeah, it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Reebrock wrote: »
    Just heard Mongo McMichael on Flair's podcast, it's hilarious, they share some great stories.

Started listening to Flair's podcast this evening and it gave me a few laughs even with the depression of work looming tomorrow. Mongo really is priceless the stories and manner he tells them! David Manning was quite good as well. I never realised the true extent of the lifestyle Flair lived, wow just wow!

Gave the Taz show another shot and it's starting to grow on me. He has some very annoying habits but the majority of the show is entertaining. The Mike Tenay episode was hilarious at times. Especially the Taz logic of bumping someone from a tie at four to an honourable mention when Tenay questioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

anBoMor wrote: »
    Yeah, it is!

Are you guys available on Podbean or iTunes?

Austin did a podcast where he talked through his match with angle at unforgiven 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Austin did a podcast where he talked through his match with angle at unforgiven 2001.

It syncs up with the match too, hes done it a couple of times on various big Austin matches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It syncs up with the match too, hes done it a couple of times on various big Austin matches

Nice one! I know of WMX7, what other matches has he done it with?

Advertisement