Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

He definitely answered that question as biggest draw today there though. Obviously no one is gonna say Cena is a bigger draw than Austin was.

+1 on the Agnew hate by the way. He's that hateful guy in just about any comedy scene who has managed to carve out a career out of nothing other than a delusional level of self-belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really though if he was on CNN, he's probably going to have to answer with someone who they will recognise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He definitely answered that question as biggest draw today there though. Obviously no one is gonna say Cena is a bigger draw than Austin was.

+1 on the Agnew hate by the way. He's that hateful guy in just about any comedy scene who has managed to carve out a career out of nothing other than a delusional level of self-belief.

Like a lot of people who get into television!

The question was who is the biggest current star and he answered it as such. The biggest within the world of wrestling is Austin depending on the criteria I guess but in the real world Hulk and Rock are legitimate superstars even after their wrestling careers.

You don't see TMZ following Austin and Teddy Fowler around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Like a lot of people who get into television!

The question was who is the biggest current star and he answered it as such. The biggest within the world of wrestling is Austin depending on the criteria I guess but in the real world Hulk and Rock are legitimate superstars even after their wrestling careers.

You don't see TMZ following Austin and Teddy Fowler around.

To be fair, that's because they covet that attention whereas Austin is self-admittedly a private person. It's not a true measure of stardom, if it was then reality stars would be the richest celebs going when in truth they have the least value. Brock, for example, is a much bigger star than Cena today and doesn't get much tabloid coverage because he keeps himself to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

It depends on how you're defining "biggest draw". If you're talking just money grossed then Cena may have passed Austin out by now when you consider he has been in the main event for almost ten straight years now. (EDIT: especially when you consider that's 10 straight WrestleMania in stadiums as they're held now.)

But if you're talking about the amount of money made in relation to the length of their runs as main event talent then Austin/Rock blows everyone out of the water I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Konnan had his co host MSL taken off his podcast. He's talking a lot of **** on Twitter about him. Not sure if anybody here listens but I enjoy their show usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Which one, MSL or court Bauer?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Anyone a VIP member of PWTorch? Signed up for a month as I enjoy listening to the podcasts in the car and there is so much more on the VIP Subscription but they don't appear on the podcast app on my Iphone. Went onto their website and it says to download the downcast app however all I am getting is the non-vip content and can't see anyone to log into my account? Anyone familiar with this? Cheers.

Are you able to access them via Twitter, maybe they can explain to you how it works? I know that Apple can be a bit unreliable about these things sometimes. I've found it hard to get earlier episodes of some podcasts sometimes. Then I come back a day later and they appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Pinkman wrote: »
    Anyone a VIP member of PWTorch? Signed up for a month as I enjoy listening to the podcasts in the car and there is so much more on the VIP Subscription but they don't appear on the podcast app on my Iphone. Went onto their website and it says to download the downcast app however all I am getting is the non-vip content and can't see anyone to log into my account? Anyone familiar with this? Cheers.

I'm not an Apple user so not familiar with Downcast but I'd assume they have two feeds - their free one and then a subscriber one.

• Advertisement

Can we all agree that none of us will ever really know Apple? They are a slippery shower of....

wintear wrote: »
    Which one, MSL or court Bauer?

MSL who can be very annoying but Konnan comes across like a piece of sh*t usually. Still find him entertaining.

Konnan talks about it on the latest show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Pinkman wrote: »

I downloaded Mercury from the app store, signed in to VIP and bookmarked it there. I just use that rather than the apps as I found it finicky. Some of the old interviews on it are great. You'll never run out of stuff to listen to.

What's Mercury?

What's Mercury?

It's a web browser for ios. i read online that it works for the PWtorch vip audio, and it works a treat. I basically use Mercury as my PW torch app.

MSL who can be very annoying but Konnan comes across like a piece of sh*t usually. Still find him entertaining.

Konnan talks about it on the latest show.

Konan is great if you want to hear a stoner waffling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ageyev wrote: »
    Konan is great if you want to hear a stoner waffling.

I find he fronts a lot, like he needs to think that you think he's cool. It makes him sound insincere, like I'm being worked!

It's a web browser for ios. i read online that it works for the PWtorch vip audio, and it works a treat. I basically use Mercury as my PW torch app.
    Is it similar to the Puffin App? I used to use that to watch some video sites on ios.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I find he fronts a lot, like he needs to think that you think he's cool. It makes him sound insincere, like I'm being worked!

Wouldn't surprise me if he shoot calls women bitches, sl*ts etc

Kinda sad and hilarious how Flair had no idea who Konnan was. Think it was 'That Mexican'. Give me a break. Where is Konnan now...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I stopped listening to any show Konnan is on. Comes across as a real nasty prick tbh.

Is it similar to the Puffin App? I used to use that to watch some video sites on ios.

I'm not to sure tbh. It is just a search engine afaik but it does the job. I think Wade recommended it to me on twitter.

Kinda sad and hilarious how Flair had no idea who Konnan was. Think it was 'That Mexican'. Give me a break. Where is Konnan now...?

That was awkward. Flair's podcast is a tough listen as he sounds sozzled.

I'm not to sure tbh. It is just a search engine afaik but it does the job. I think Wade recommended it to me on twitter.
    Cool well I'll keep it in mind. Safari can be hard to use to get some of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought Insane Clown Posse episode of Talk is Jericho was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

jaykhunter wrote: »

Konnan's the kind of guy who'd easily work himself into a shoot, he's got the same kind of fixation on appearing cool that a guy like Nash does, but none of the intelligence and nuance to avoid continually making a jackass out of himself.

Culturally I assume he's carrying more baggage regarding all that excessive homophobia and attitudes towards women (he comes across as someone who was raised in an environment that placed a lot of importance on machismo bull****), but that's no excuse for a 51 year old man.

MSL is back on his other shows now. His podcast with Kevin Sullivan is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In brief, what was the beef with MSL and Konnan?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Konnan doesn't respect MSL, feels he is all mouth and did nothing in wrestling.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how far back The Place To Be episodes go on iTunes? Couldn't get the earliest.

Advertisement