Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 1 | First Time Again [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I thought there was something wrong with my screen with all the black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Essien wrote: »
    I wonder who's on the horn?

Id say it was the wolves, they even got a mention in this episode just to remind you that they still exist, and will be making an appearance soon, so I guess this will be how they introduce themselves.

Im also guessing that those walkers were being collected in the quarry by the wolves for a reason. They probably had some big plan for the army and now Rick and co. have made a balls of that and the group have made a new enemy for season 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    You don't think it might be Gabriel. That's the first thought that came into my head.
    No. Gabriel was wrecked with guilt and projecting it onto Rick and co. He sees now that Rick isn't a monster and won't try to sabotage him anymore. Even if he hadn't, he has no reason to endanger everyone in Alexandria and Carol would kick his ar$e if he tried. It's mostly the weaker people left behind and as Morgan pointed out, Carol is like a cop on high alert.

Even if it wasn't to everyone's taste, this was a huge episode and I hope they haven't blown the budget on it and then follow up with a load of slow, drawn out episodes. I think it's definitely the Wolves. The cast is huge now and needs to be thinned out. Caught between the herd and the Wolves, most of Diana's group will perish. Some of Rick's has to go. We haven't lost a big character in ages. I wouldn't be bothered if Tara, Red guy, Eugene, Lara Croft or Maggie go.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Think its more likely wolves than Ron, as he'd essentially be killing what's left of his family. Still think Gabriel is an outside possibility...

Hard to see tho how anyone who's in alexandria , other than carol, would have the ability to get out..

Enjoyed episode, found flashbacks irritating at first but less so by end..

kept thinking that the car was going to break down!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Decent episode, and left me with 3 possibilities.

1: It was the young fella of the father that Rick shot
    2: Alexandria is being attacked
    3: Morgan did it

I fear Morgan may be part of the Wolves. I don't know why, but this season will either go with Morgan being a bad guy, or saving everyone by sacrificing himself. Delighted it's back, Fear was boring the pants off me. So much that i haven't been able to make myself watch the last 2 episodes yet!

I don't think someone from Alexandria did it on purpose. I say that because it was supposed to be a dry run, nobody left in Alexandria knew that the plan was actually going to be carried out on that day. So I reckon it was either the Wolves watching them and decided to sabotage it, or the compound is being attacked and someone used to horn to ask for help.

Could have been Morgan, but I doubt it...unless he had something to do with the truck falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The quarry had nothing to do with the Wolves. As it says in the episode, Heath spotted it early, with some walkers that had been camped in there, and they made noise attracting more.

The horn, could be a car crash, or Wolves, more likely Ron. Kids be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Essien wrote: »
    I wonder who's on the horn?

I'd say Coral going by the way he sat down beside the young wan and held her hand.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

My bet is Deanna set if off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think I might be done with these guys. Fear the Walking Dead is head and shoulders above this so far.

Get Out....GET OUT NOW!!!

I've made my opinion clear in the FTWD threads. Its dreadful. The acting is dreadful, the plot so far was dreadful, I want them all to die. They were stupid and borderline sociopathic and Ricks words about the likes of Carter that he said to Morgan on the porch while he was holding the baby were applicable to everyone in FTWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Liked the black and white scenes, reminded me of the comics! But I got bored a bit in the middle ( possibly cos I didn't realise it was a longer episode than normal!)

Personally I don't think much really happened. There was a lot of flashbacks to gaining control of Alexandria. And it's a pity they lost a useful guy ( architect experience) two of them in a short time.

Liked how rotted the walkers were, that just bumping their head on the wall killed them.
    Glad Heath made an appearance, although I would have thought someone somewhere last season would have vaguely mentioned they had more people out on a run.
    Liked where the episode ended up though

So we are back to basics! They are under attacking from a giant herd! Woo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was thinking was it Morgan as he realises they are all fecked really but wouldn't think so. I'm thinking Deanna maybe. Tbh no clue

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

pc7 wrote: »
    I was thinking was it Morgan as he realises they are all fecked really but wouldn't think so. I'm thinking Deanna maybe. Tbh no clue

Why would Deanna do it though, I thought she seemed completely on Ricks side at this stage? Tho having lost husband and son in quick order maybe she's really blaming Rick for that..

Hard to see it as anyone sane other than wolves and if not them maybe Gabriel, or Ron ..tho even with them they'd be doing something that would likely kill themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

more likely Ron. Kids be stupid.

But they were only supposed to be doing a test run...how could he know the walkers were actually out?

Unless he actually followed them? Or had a different plan in mind? Either way, will be interesting to see who is behind it. My money is still on the Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Calibos wrote: »
    I'd say Coral going by the way he sat down beside the young wan and held her hand.... ;)

And that's exactly what I meant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

I enjoyed it. Thought it was great start to the season, lots of little things that will develop from that. I liked the Morgan/Carol scene too, he's on to her!! Btw, who was that looking at Karl and Enith or whats her name?? Just couldn't see the face and couldn't (wouldnt) go back as it was the opener and was too excited! Like the Rick/Morgan good bad thing too, wonder how it will play out? After Rick killed Carter, was Morgans face disgust or was it that he realised that what Rick said earlier was right. I couldnt decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I liked the black & white bits, very comic-y. Speaking of, Heath looks like he just stepped out of the comics, likeness is uncanny. Not the best season opener, leading a herd from A to B not the most exciting but I was kind of hoping to see something of the Wolves in the opener. Where's Corall? (never thought I'd ask that)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The flashbacks were necessary as trying to play it out chronologically would be a tad boring when it came to leading the zombies.

I feel that the horn was the Wolves and they purposely put Alexandria in danger only to save them - a way of displaying power etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

snowgal wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Thought it was great start to the season, lots of little things that will develop from that. I liked the Morgan/Carol scene too, he's on to her!! Btw, who was that looking at Karl and Enith or whats her name?? Just couldn't see the face and couldn't (wouldnt) go back as it was the opener and was too excited! Like the Rick/Morgan good bad thing too, wonder how it will play out? After Rick killed Carter, was Morgans face disgust or was it that he realised that what Rick said earlier was right. I couldnt decide...
    That was Ron watching Carl & Enid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think the horn was sounding from inside Alexandria. So I am actually starting to think it was the priest, Gabriel, that did it.
    I initially thought Wolves, then perhaps Ron (Beautiful Jessie & Dead Pete's son), but there's been a pattern emerging of Gabriel doing stupid stuff and causing problems for others.

He already left the gate open open in the season 5 finale allowing some walkers to wander into Alexandria.

Another time he escaped through a hole in the church vestry floor and left others behind fighting off walkers.

Prior to meeting Rick & co., it was indicated that he had also left his parishioners in a similar manner, maybe even caused their deaths in the parish food storage warehouse with the flooded basement. (The place where Bob was bitten and became "tainted meat" for the surviving Terminus cannibals.)

In this episode when tasks for the herd move were being assigned by Rick, Gabriel volunteered to help, but was shot down instantly by a firm NO! from Rick, as Rick doesn't trust him in the least and neither does Deanna.
    He probably would have been left back at Alexandria while most the others went off to herding walkers from the quarry, he's not a very stable person and he very likely resents the leaders of the newly united factions, Rick&co./Alexandrians.

Is it supposed to be in black and white? Or have I accidentally hit the wrong button?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I enjoyed the episode, I'm thrilled it's back and I liked the B&W flashback as it reminds me of the comics, but... the episode didn't blow me away. So I gave it a 7. They have all said this will be the craziest season yet so I will hold off on the 9's & 10's for now :p

It makes the most sense that the Wolves have set off the siren imo.

Want to see Michonne and Daryl kick some arse next week. They have had their claws clipped in recent times, so want to see them unleash the badass.

Like someone else said there is too many characters now and we need a cull. If anyone is to go from the main cast, I wouldn't miss Rosita, Abraham (he should be a better character than he is) or Sasha. Eugene and Tara provide the light relief that Glenn used to so I like them and want them to stick around.

I have a weird feeling Glenn won't last the season though. Would I be right in saying we haven't lost an original cast member since Andrea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon Tara will be dead from Rick's group first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon Tara will be dead from Rick's group first

Yeah especially since Maggie told her she was her favourite or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Carol should have used her bombs to blow up the quarry. After all she has experience from terminus.
    Enjoyed this season opener..much better than any episode of ftwd.
    My wife thinks Maggie is pregnant???
    I think the horn blowing is an s.o.s. From Alexandria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

bodhi085 wrote: »
    I think the horn blowing is an s.o.s. From Alexandria.

That's a good shout. As far as Alexandria knows, they're out on a dry run, and if they need backup, it's the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For some reason, even though its likely the town is under attack, I like the idea that Deanna is somehow responsible though.

I mean, before the others showed up her town was nice and peaceful, nobody was being killed, now that pretty much all Ricks group is out on walker round up duty maybe a quick blast of the horn will turn the walkers attentions to the group outside Alexandaria.

Its setting up the next episode well as the outside group is likely to be disjointed and face a hard slog back home, they might find themselves in the midst of a siege by an outside group or they might just be locked out of Alexandaria and be ;eft for dead by those remaining inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Could have been the aul wan sounding the horn, she has the look of someone about to lose their mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I really enjoyed that. The flashback thing was a little bit irritating at times but I as a nod to the comics it was a nice touch and as an avid reader I appreciated it. I can't wait for next week, they set it up so well.

I'm not one for constantly comparing this show to FTWD but I'll do it anyway. For me it all boils down to whether I would watch a repeat of any episode of the first season of FTWD and the answer is I wouldn't. Maybe the last episode, just maybe. Whereas with WD I'd easily sit down and watch this episode again. It's on a different level entirely.

I genuinely think this season will be something very special indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

What happened to Aaron?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He was there in the dining room when they were all having the big meeting

Advertisement