Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 1 | First Time Again [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

bodhi085 wrote: »
    My wife thinks Maggie is pregnant???
    I think the horn blowing is an s.o.s. From Alexandria.

Actually, that's not a bad theory.....maybe Alexandria is under attack from the Wolves or whoever, and someone managed to blow the horn to try and alert Rick and the rest of the group to the fact that trouble is afoot....they would not have realised that the group were trying to manage the herd right at that time.
    I didn't see any walkers in Alexandria in the teaser for the next episode, although they were obviously under threat from someone or something.

Ad yeah, I thought Maggie/Lauren Cohan looked pregnant in her first scene but maybe it was just the way she was standing. Tara (Alanna Masterson) is heavily pregnant in real life at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

When glen said to Maggie "you know why you have to stay behind" is the reason why my wife thinks Maggie is pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

When glen said to Maggie "you know why you have to stay behind" is the reason why my wife thinks Maggie is pregnant.

Hmm, I might have missed that bit... :) I just thought she looked a bit...booby, or something. But anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I could have sworn in the final episodes of last season there were hints she was pregnant also. I could have sworn it was pretty much confirmed. The comments in the episode weren't a surprise to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Found it stupid they never killed the zombies in the store when they had numbers and would have carried less risk. They waited till the next day till there was only three of them.

If that was real life i would have finished them there and saved time haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I thought that too. I'm also getting the feeling that Glenn won't be around much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I thought that too. I'm also getting the feeling that Glenn won't be around much longer.

Yea something BIG is gonna happen in this season...Even the Director and Producer were saying after the first episode to expect heartbreaking tear jerking scenes.

BODHI085 I said that to my husband too, think thats what he meant also...

Definitely could go with the attack from Wolves scenario at Alexandria not knowing theyre drawing the biggest heard of walkers right to them...cant wait for next week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Not the best episode, but not the worst. Still very contrived - the cars along the side of the road helping to funnell the walkers to where they wanted to go? Did they do that in preparation themselves?

I did like how Carol was flustered when she got rumbled by Morgan saying
    'Are you a cop? You're always watching' and something about being ready
    . Morgan's obviously cute enough, wonder what else he's spotted.

Definitely got the whole 'Maggie is preggers' thing as mentioned above.

Seems to me that Michonne and them weren't sure at the end about Rick
    sticking the knife in your man's skull
    , are they still doubting Rick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

yea thats what I asked earlier in thread, wasnt sure what the vibe was there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Found it stupid they never killed the zombies in the store when they had numbers and would have carried less risk. They waited till the next day till there was only three of them.

If that was real life i would have finished them there and saved time haha
    They were supposed to do a dry run and kill them the next day but then the truck fell and they had to improvise.

• Advertisement

Their reaction was strange. Rick didn't murder the guy. He got bit and was screaming and he had to be killed. It's not like they could put a band aid on it and make him better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Their reaction was strange. Rick didn't murder the guy. He got bit and was screaming and he had to be killed. It's not like they could put a band aid on it and make him better.

I think it was about how quickly he did it, I know he had to, but I think both of their characters would have taken a moment to try calm him down, explain what was happening, and say sorry to him for what they were about to do and prepare themselves for it also. His speed shocked me too!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think it was about how quickly he did it, I know he had to, but I think both of their characters would have taken a moment to try calm him down, explain what was happening, and say sorry to him for what they were about to do and prepare themselves for it also. His speed shocked me too!

I think it was more the fact that after he did it he acted like nothing had happened, like he was just swatted an insect, not had to kill someone who lived in their community (although it did have to be done). It was too cold for them to believe, or at least that was the vibe I got from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

5starpool wrote: »
    I think it was more the fact that after he did it he acted like nothing had happened, like he was just swatted an insect, not had to kill someone who lived in their community (although it did have to be done). It was too cold for them to believe, or at least that was the vibe I got from it.

I think he had to do it that quickly or risk attracting the walkers off the road. Didn't really get why they were that concerned...

Morgan has been out on his own so might not be used to doing what has to be done. Remember how he let the guys go who were trying to kill him? Michonne should know better. This was one time where what Rick did is what any sane person would've done. It's not like Rick had a lot of choice. There were thousands of walkers on the road who would've been distracted by yer mans screams and in fairness to Rick, he did try to shut the guy up, although the other two didn't see that.

Up to now, Morgan has only been responsible for himself so if he lets someone go, it's not that big a deal and only he has to evade them. It will be interesting to see how he integrates into a group where your actions affect everyone and not just you. Rick did what had to be done and Michonne should be battle hardened enough at this stage to accept it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

sabhail wrote: »
    I think he had to do it that quickly or risk attracting the walkers off the road. Didn't really get why they were that concerned...

I know, but that's not what I said the issue was. It wasn't that he did it, or did it quickly, but that afterwards he was so unmoved by having to do it. It's the whole "losing his humanity" thing that will be an ongoing theme (again) this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

Agree wit 5starpool

I know its how it is...I do....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I know, but that's not what I said the issue was. It wasn't that he did it, or did it quickly, but that afterwards he was so unmoved by having to do it. It's the whole "losing his humanity" thing that will be an ongoing theme (again) this season.

Yep but even his non reaction I'd have expected given that they're in the middle of a crisis and the time for reaction, grief, discussion is surely when the crisis is over.

His humanity did extend to digging the grave for Pete.

But I do agree that the incident is part the of the rick v Morgan, moral approach v survive at all costs story.. Find Morgans attitude slightly odd since he lost his own son by being unable to put emotion aside, however difficult, to act decisively.

I just think in that situation when you have kids, people you love then their survival motivates you. And maybe its impossible to let the more moral approach win if you think it increases danger to your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Good thing they had some helium handy to fill those balloons along the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Standman wrote: »

That drove my OH nuts. She mentioned it everytime!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

In fairness he was in the middle of a complete mayhem and there wasn't time for emotion. In fact Michonnes reaction surprised me more. She knows the necessities of how to survive and her showing surprise at Ricks reaction to finishing off what essentially was now just another walker (and a very dangerous one if he kept on screaming) wasn't Michonne. I get Morgan and his zen like transformation and the character is brilliant as is his dynamic with Rick but it's hard to believe he wouldn't of recognused why Rick acted like he did and behaved coldly afterwards given the circumstances.

Also Rick has seen so many close people die in front of him that protecting his other compatriots when necessary and not letting it turn into an emotional wreck, surely that is a more sane reaction in the world they now live. It shows he is thinking on his feet, is out to survive and knows the appropriate time to throw emotion aside.

Oh and it wasn't like that same guy wasn't planning to murder Rick a while before while Rick was trying to help him survive so I doubt it was an emotional departure on Ricky behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Yea i agree. Morgan and Michonne are still at a stage where it is shocking to them even though they know it had to be done. It doesnt shock Rick at all.

In series one, remember the guy who got bitten and they let him travel with them, treated him very well. He asked to be left at a tree when the fever got too much.

Also in series one, the risks they took to save Meryl after Tdog left him chained on the roof.

Or remember the lad they had locked in the barn. Remember his leg got stuck. That was life or death and risky but they still went back for him.

I think Ricks reaction in the new series just shows that he is not willing to take those kind of risks anymore.

Also Morgan is kind of like Hershal, trying to bring Rick back to humanity a bit more.

Maybe Rick is right though. Maybe Shane was right from the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Standman wrote: »

They had helium tanks is the explanation , why would they not they have vehicles, electricity, medical center, construction equipment of all sorts fully stocked armory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Keplar240B wrote: »
    They had helium tanks is the explanation , why would they not they have vehicles, electricity, medical center, construction equipment of all sorts fully stocked armory.

To be fair, vehicles are easy to come by, electricity wouldn't be unheard of what it generators and whatnot, medical equipment isn't much of a stretch, and construction equipment would be everywhere.

Tanks of helium? It wouldn't be high on my "Getting **** Back To Normal" list of supplies.

Advertisement