Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Shougeki wrote: »
    This is currently my problem. Im lvl 13 or something and have done SFA of the main storyline. I end up telling myself "Ill just go to this side area and clear it/get the quick travel point" and next thing I know its two hours later, I'm on the other side of the god damn world, and I'm half way down a secondary quest chain, and have completely forgotten the story line....

Not that it is *really* a problem. Looking forward to this weekend when I can spend a good few hours on it :D

I really want to play the DLC as soon as I can but I'm still only level 8 or 9 after a replay. Hopefully I can throw myself into the game this weekend like yourself. Also have FIFA 16 on the selves. Haven't played it much since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I really want to play the DLC as soon as I can but I'm still only level 8 or 9 after a replay.

can you not go back to an earlier save where you were at end game?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There will be a standalone option for the DLC from the main menu if you aren't at an ideal level from the main game. If you start the standalone, it will give you a generic level 30 Geralt to use so you won't have custom armour or weapons but you will be at a good level to play through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Patch version 1.10 is out now. A whopping 17.208 GB on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Downloading now on XB1, 16gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

lertsnim wrote: »
    Patch version 1.10 is out now. A whopping 17.208 GB

****ing hell, downloading now, should be ready for next weekend with my ****e BB

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

lertsnim wrote: »
    Patch version 1.10 is out now. A whopping 17.208 GB

6.4GB on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is there a good video that explains the jist of the story at the beginning of the game? I'm a bit confused between the Nilfgardians and the wild hunt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads is there a good video that explains the jist of the story at the beginning of the game? I'm a bit confused between the Nilfgardians and the wild hunt.

Nilfgard is a large asshole nation to the south, who are invading the smaller northern nations, where the game is set.

The Wild Hunt are a powerful elven group who move between worlds, and are chasing Ciri.

And Ciri is the daughter of the emperor of Nilfgard.

There's a beginners intro to the setting here:

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

IGN gave the expansion 9 anyway, and said the story is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone on ps4 noticed much of a performance boost with the new patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

So after about 50 hours or so I've finally
    found Ciri
    . I'm really enjoying the story so feels like a big payoff. Really loving this game.

Hearts of Stone just started downloading for me on ps4. Its 4GB. I'm sure it's just my preorder predownloading but will definitely be seeing If i can play it in about 15 minutes!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hearts of Stone just started downloading for me on ps4. Its 4GB. I'm sure it's just my preorder predownloading but will definitely be seeing If i can play it in about 15 minutes!

It's been more than 15 mins now, what's the news? :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's been more than 15 mins now, what's the news? :rolleyes:

No joy, 'not reached content start date' :(

I wonder if the ol change the click trick works..

No joy, 'not reached content start date' :(

I wonder if the ol change the click trick works..

Doesn't on XB1 anyway. If you were able to do that on PS4 I'd be very surprised. Away and find out for us :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Doesn't on XB1 anyway. If you were able to do that on PS4 I'd be very surprised. Away and find out for us :D

Ah still downloading the update, another 3 hours, doubt it will work without it but will try before finishing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just hit level 30 and am making my way towards the end of the game. Think I'll pause until Tuesday now and wait for the first expansion to unlock.

Lads did anyone else notice a big jump between blood and broken bones and death march? I'm barely dying with blood and broken bones so I went up to death march and was killed almost straight away by a bunch of wild dogs.

Got an email saying HoS will be available to play at 11pm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads did anyone else notice a big jump between blood and broken bones and death march? I'm barely dying with blood and broken bones so I went up to death march and was killed almost straight away by a bunch of wild dogs.

That sounds like Death March alrite.

Currently playing DM on New Game + at the moment and Wolves are the worst, I tend to stay way if the pack has a higher level than me. I've gotten chased out of a few woods by wolves after the horse instantly threw me at the sight of lvl 50 wolves. Monster are ok so far, wolves not so much.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Currently playing DM on New Game + at the moment and Wolves are the worst, I tend to stay way if the pack has a higher level than me. I've gotten chased out of a few woods by wolves after the horse instantly threw me at the sight of lvl 50 wolves. Monster are ok so far, wolves not so much.

I figured out why blood and broken bones had become so easy. I went back to White Orchid because my level was too low for the main quest and I must have been to OP for all the enemies there. Went back to Velen and hard is hard enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What would ye recommend as a starting difficulty level? I've the game sitting in my backlog unplayed for the last 2 months and I feel I've finally enough time to get to it heading into the winter.

I've already completed The Witcher 2, but I have no idea what difficulty level I was at - in general I found the combat in that difficult initially, but I didnt have any issues once I got the hang of the controls and would usually only die when outnumbered by more than 2 enemies or from a ranged attacker engaging whilst I was dealing with swordsmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You'll learn how to fight quick enough at any level, at first a group of 3 peasant bandits on the road will need a couple of attempts, a few hours later it'll click and you'll be able to take anything that doesnt have a skull beside its health bar.

What would ye recommend as a starting difficulty level? I've the game sitting in my backlog unplayed for the last 2 months and I feel I've finally enough time to get to it heading into the winter.

I played through on normal and the challenge definitely goes out of it, its pretty easy by the end.

I know some people that started on Death March and said the same.

Death March NG+ isn't so bad at the moment, some times its easy and sometimes I get my ass handed to me.

If you choose to do DM, Quen (shield) and Axii (Stun/mind control enemies/avoid fights) are the best powers to use.

Other people here might have better advice.

Griffen sword set and Cat School gear is what I am using also for DM, NG+. There might be better stuff in the new DLC.

Yeah I did normalon first playthrough, could barely get past the first boss but it gets very easy mid to end game. My 2nd playthrough was on DM and wasn't actually too bad. Upgrade Quen and you'll be grand, almost makes it a bit cheap to just keep using Quen but it gets the job done.

I saw in some gameplay screenshots, Geralt is wearing a hood? Was this a mod or can you actually get a hood? I can't remember coming across one if they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    You'll learn how to fight quick enough at any level, at first a group of 3 peasant bandits on the road will need a couple of attempts, a few hours later it'll click and you'll be able to take anything that doesnt have a skull beside its health bar.
    Whoops should have said on Death March there. I think its designed to be played on DM, Geralt is a professional not a superhero, its good to be a bit afraid of the deep dark woods and caves for the first half of the game, makes it nice and tense.

I saw in some gameplay screenshots, Geralt is wearing a hood? Was this a mod or can you actually get a hood? I can't remember coming across one if they are in.

There were hoods in Witcher 2. Maybe there are some in the new DLC.

I will be sticking with my beard, shaved sides and pony tail. Not hiding that under a hood.

There were hoods in Witcher 2. Maybe there are some in the new DLC.

I will be sticking with my beard, shaved sides and pony tail. Not hiding that under a hood.

Looks class but could be a mod

attachment.php?attachmentid=25478&stc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Snap!

Advertisement