Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSA ?? v ?? USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

S Africa looking pretty ordinary. Slow and ponderous at the ruck. If the US weren't getting destroyed in the scrum it would be interesting.
    Mustn't be much talent in S Africa if they are still reliant on the oldies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

.ak wrote: »
    Well today I learned you can add flags into thread titles...

Is that what the squares are? I'm just seeing squares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

.ak wrote: »
    Well today I learned you can add flags into thread titles...

I am all about flags

Is that what the squares are? I'm just seeing squares.

On phone (emoji)

i wouldn't go up to timidly catch the ball. id jump to catch and bump off with force anyone who dared come near.

You said you'd flatten them, then as you weren't suspended I suspect artistic licence

• Advertisement

S Africa looking pretty ordinary. Slow and ponderous at the ruck. If the US weren't getting destroyed in the scrum it would be interesting.
    Mustn't be much talent in S Africa if they are still reliant on the oldies.

Weirdly Kriel and de Allende were excellent during the RC and despite RSA losing all their games they looked really good against much better teams than they've played so far at the WC. They haven't looked anything special at the WC, so far.

I wanted to do a match thread and by accident I have! And I impressed the Mod with my use of emoji 😊

Ulstermen love their flegs though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Is there a new directive not to give penalties against the southern hemisphere teams? Really poor officiating again today. Habana had a duty of care in the collision with Scully and he shirked it completely. Last season players were receiving red cards for lesser collisions; Habana isn't even penalised for this one?!

Burger could have had a yellow early in the first half for dragging a player to the ground in a headlock.

And don't get me started on the Michael Hooper copout...

This is fairly one sided

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    This is fairly one sided

The officiating or the rugby?

Moflojo wrote: »
    Is there a new directive not to give penalties against the southern hemisphere teams? Really poor officiating again today. Habana had a duty of care in the collision with Scully and he shirked it completely. Last season players were receiving red cards for lesser collisions; Habana isn't even penalised for this one?!

Burger could have had a yellow early in the first half for dragging a player to the ground in a headlock.

I thought Habana would get yellow, but I'm a stickler

The officiating or the rugby?

Potato potatoe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Harsh penalty against USA to end the half, thought it was ruck, certainly it was by the standard the referee called ruck last time a US player got over the ball.

14-0 HT 😴😴😴

I thought Habana would get yellow, but I'm a stickler
    Agreed - I'd have thought Yellow at the minimum, but not even a penalty given? Crazy. Habana hadn't gotten off the ground either, so it can't be said it was a genuine aerial contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Decent enough half from the USA, making life difficult for the Boks. Still lacking incision in the 22, never going to out bosh SA.

Pienaar is in the RSA squad. He played in the ill fated Japan match along with Kirchner and neither have been seen since. Actually I think Pienaar came on at the end of the Scotland game for about 2 minutes.

😳 My bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

hooper copout?

surely you mean o mahoney copout? he got zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Agreed - I'd have thought Yellow at the minimum, but not even a penalty given? Crazy. Habana hadn't gotten off the ground either, so it can't be said it was a genuine aerial contest.

This is what was strange for me. He is barely off the ground, if at all. I can't see how that's a fair aerial contest. Yes, he's got eyes on the ball, but if he's not really in the air, that doesn't mean much if the defender lands on his neck as he did in this case.

Tough one to adjudicate, and while the red card for Payne might have been harsh - a yellow wouldn't be, and in this case not even a penalty? Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Great turnover there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

You said you'd flatten them, then as you weren't suspended I suspect artistic licence

yeah , flatten. same way you would try and flatten someone in a tackle. its just slang.
    id so the same in gaa. you are jumping with the objective to catch the ball but with the added criteria of not coming off second best physically.

same in soccer. i slide in to get the ball, but make sure the man gets minced too ( within the law)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Habana looks infront of kicker
    Edit: oh flat actually so fair enough to give it
    Habana creeping up to Lomu Record

That's a tight one.

They're using these Hawkeye angles to judge it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That wasn't even a penalty?

What a crock of absolute shit once again.

hooper copout?

surely you mean o mahoney copout? he got zero.

In my opinion there was malicious intent in the Hooper incident, and he also took a 10 metre run at his intended target. Referee chose not to review the incident with the TMO and no card was issued.

O'Mahony took a 3 metre run at the ruck and, in my opinion, the contact was shoulder-on-shoulder, although close to the neck area. The TMO reviewed it and O'Mahony spent 10 minutes in the bin at a critical period in a close game.

Apples and oranges in my opinion.

Habana getting the benefit of the doubt again there for the try. To me he looked to be a step in front of the kicker. Nothing going USA's way.

yeah , flatten. same way you would try and flatten someone in a tackle. its just slang.
    id so the same in gaa. you are jumping with the objective to catch the ball but with the added criteria of not coming off second best physically.

same in soccer. i slide in to get the ball, but make sure the man gets minced too ( within the law)

If I was ref you would walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Habana getting the benefit of the doubt again there for the try. To me he looked to be a step in front of the kicker. Nothing going USA's way.

I think it was because of the ref's question. If he had said yes or no, would it have been given?

Advertisement