Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSA ?? v ?? USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

sullivlo wrote: »
    I really find him really difficult to like.

Agree but no denying he is a class player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I think habana is great, reminds me of an actual springbok running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Interesting stat they mentioned earlier. Eben Etzebeth has not been the receiver in the line out even once all world cup.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

is drew mitchell not up there in these try scoring stakes they keep mentioning?

He's got 12, and is the only person up the list still playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

efb wrote: »
    You spoke here of your desire to intentionally impact your opponent

and? impact not injure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Agree but no denying he is a class player

Oh yeah, no denying that at all. Superb player. I just don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Jacovs wrote: »
    Interesting stat they mentioned earlier. Eben Etzebeth has not been the receiver in the line out even once all world cup.

I've noticed he never receives on lineouts, kinda weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I look forward to the day when the US can give games like this a decent craic. Only 5-10 years down the road. In perpetuity....

I've noticed he never receives on lineouts, kinda weird.

he doesn't lift that many weights to catch lineouts. he just wants to hit rucks and cause damage!

and? impact not injure.

Flatten him?

I'm taking all this with such a large pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Same here

His lack of a neck upsets me.

What's not to like about Bryan Habana???

Beware the green eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on...

Flatten him?

yeah. come on . you are being pedantic now.

go through him, put him on his arse, bowl him over, flatten him.

not dirty. but physical wink wink.

like when a goalie in soccer comes to punch the ball away and leaves the striker and the odd defender flat out on the ground. "clean house"

yeah. come on . you are being pedantic now.

go through him, put him on his arse, bowl him over, flatten him.

not dirty. but physical wink wink.

like when a goalie in soccer comes to punch the ball away and leaves the striker and the odd defender flat out on the ground. "clean house"

Wink wink?

You don't think flattening an opponent while contesting an Ariel challenge isn't dangerous? What's your mass?

I'm not being pedantic your changing your story and backtracking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Clearly dropped that.

That's not a try. He lost it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

How has the TMO given that try at the end? Farcical.

I'm not being pedantic your changing your story and backtracking

im 80 kgs. a whippet.

im not back tracking. i am not denying that when i go up to catch a ball i want to flatten anyone near me. its either that or be flattened myself.
    what I'm saying is it isn't dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Surely a knock on at end?
    I know doesn't matter but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭tanko

The standard of the TMO's in this World Cup is a joke. How could he give a try there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

tanko wrote: »
    The standard of the TMO's in this World Cup is a joke. How could he give a try there?

But did the referee also see it on the big screen and defer to the TMO's decision? I'm raking up an earlier point here, but the referees are bowing to the TMO and not trusting their own eyes or instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

First proper hammering of the World cup really.

im 80 kgs. a whippet.

im not back tracking. i am not denying that when i go up to catch a ball i want to flatten anyone near me. its either that or be flattened myself.
    what I'm saying is it isn't dirty.

Going up with the intention to flatten someone is dirty - it's intentional foul play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Moflojo wrote: »
    But did the referee also see it on the big screen and defer to the TMO's decision? I'm raking up an earlier point here, but the referees are bowing to the TMO and not trusting their own eyes or instincts.

Think that one was fumbled flat or back tho. Which is another pet peeve of mine. A fumble doesn't necessarily mean that there was a knock on...but refs/tmos never make that distinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭tanko

Moflojo wrote: »

The ref gave the try and only referred it to the TMO when he saw the replay on the big screen and heard the crowd booing. The ref asked the TMO was it a try and I think the TMO replied there's no doubt it's a try. Just as well it didn't matter.
    There's too much crap going on between refs and TMO's in this tournament. I reckon it's going to cause serious trouble yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    First proper hammering of the World cup really.

Aus 65 - 3 Uruguay

The quarter finals are beginning to take shape now.

What do people do when they bought tickets for example Q1 thinking their team would be playing there, but then end up playing Q2 instead?

Like if Ireland lose to France, but people thought they were going to be playing in the Arg QF, just go to the France-Arg QF instead? Or buy tickets to both games and sell off the one you dont need?

Jacovs wrote: »
    Aus 65 - 3 Uruguay

The quarter finals are beginning to take shape now.

What do people do when they bought tickets for example Q1 thinking their team would be playing there, but then end up playing Q2 instead?

Like if Ireland lose to France, but people thought they were going to be playing in the Arg QF, just go to the France-Arg QF instead? Or buy tickets to both games and sell off the one you dont need?

I assume people would be in the same situation for the opposite QFs and they could probably do swapsies. Social Media is usually good for that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

First nil of the WC. Kind of sad, I hate seeing a team get absolutely nothing for their efforts.

Then again, they didn't put out a strong team.

Advertisement