Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Cambodia(US) — Second Chance - [** SPOILERS **]

Options
  • 20-08-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Survivor: Cambodia(US) — Second Chance - [** SPOILERS **]

250px-Survivor31Logo.jpg

Season 31 of CBS Survivor is due to premiere on Wednesday 23rd September 2015,it was shot in Koh Rong,Cambodia.The 20 contestants who are all returning players were selected by us guys in a public vote.

I have high expectations of this season with some legends and some potential greats getting a second chance....Terry Deitz jousting with Aras's younger brother Vytas,Joe Anglim,Spencer Bledsoe,the great intellectual Stephen Fishbach,Andrew Savage and Keith Nale.

As regards the girls there should be some fireworks with Tasha Fox,Abi-Maria Gomes,Kass McQuillen and Shirin Oskooi.The great Kelly Wiglesworth returns and I can't wait to see Monica Padilla,Ciera Eastin and Kelley Wentworth!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not long left.

Interesting to hear some of the early rumblings regarding the season.

Given the returning players I assume there's already a lot of knowledge of how the whole thing has played out. Hopefully I can stay spoiler free for the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

A complete wtf winner is on the cards but would love Savage to win considering how royally screwed he was on Pearl Islands, my first taste of survivor on the glorious tg4, right after the weather presented by the lovely Mairead Ni Chuaig, recorded on tape for shall we say, posterity.

TG4 is surprisingly still airing the show, the ratings must be in 'survival' mode, this thread brings out the worst in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Not long left.

Interesting to hear some of the early rumblings regarding the season.

Given the returning players I assume there's already a lot of knowledge of how the whole thing has played out. Hopefully I can stay spoiler free for the season.
    Im avoiding everything, even told Reddit to filter out any Survivor content, haven't looked on twitter in ages either, apparently big spoilers definitely out there due to strong hatred between certain contestants when they got home leading to social media fights and spoilers for the coming season.

EDIT: Hello again and welcome back all Survivor fans btw :D

I know I say it twice a year but the weekend just isnt complete without an episode of Survivor. Sadly this year we've lost some other great series like Mad Men and Breaking Bad but we've gained others like Mr Robot...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not long now,it's all kicking off tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Any idea what time it airs Irish time?

• Advertisement

Last time I bothered tracking down a live stream for Survivor though I had to turn it off, there was an ad every 5-6 minutes, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

kingtut wrote: »
    Any idea what time it airs Irish time?

Starts at 8pm on the East Coast so if you've a way to watch it live then it's 1am

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Thargor wrote: »
    Last time I bothered tracking down a live stream for Survivor though I had to turn it off, there was an ad every 5-6 minutes, literally.

Last season I mostly stayed off the internet (facebook etc) and downloaded the episode the next day but in the past I used very good live streams with no ads.

This year I am going to go with an android app that will stream it for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looking forward to it. It's been a long Survivor-less summer. I noticed it more this year than previous years. Need my Tribal fix.

I just watch it on the way to and back from work. I don't mix social media and reality tv so that's not a problem.

Have the option of watching it live but there's zero need for that.

The end of the big brother season would make it a very long night.

Good episode, I like how it's shaping up so far. Vytas was annoying so I'm happy he's gone. Abi wouldnt have been a loss either.

I'm a fan of the immunity idol twist. Brings a lot more drama to it. I'm sure someone will be caught during the season!

I probably would've voted Vytas out too, if I wanted to work with Dietz like Spencer seemed to want to do. Not to mention he's a smarmy bastard and probably as intolerable to be around just as much as Abi is.

I think people are underestimating the strenght on that losing Tribe (from some of the comments I've seen elsewhere) - they've got a lot of strong women in Kelly Wentworth and Kelly Wigglesworth, and Shirin and Abi to be fair both always performed pretty well in challenges against really only Tasha on the other tribe when it comes to physical strenght. And as for the remaining men Woo and Spencer were both competition beasts in their season and Dietz may be older but he'll still give Joe, Jeremy and Savage a run for their money, and even Varner is easily physically stronger than Keith or Fishbach. They've also already bested them on the water twice - their only real mistake in the Immunity challenge was not having Spencer build the stick in the first place, but then again Wigglesworth really wanted to give that challenge another go 15 years on. I think they will be the stronger, better rounded tribe overall and will probably get rid of Abi or Peih Gee next if they want any peace around camp.

And go Wentworth for successfully nabbing that Idol - I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to go for it in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Keeping Vytas would have been better for challenges than Abi tbf, and whilst he doesn't come across great, he's nothing to Abi. Can't stand her at all.

Think the tribe with Joe,Savage, Jeremy is stronger. Would like Joe, Spencer, Varner or Savage to win. Quite like them

• Registered Users Posts: 60,504 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was like how the hell did you forget the idol then she did got it.

tumblr_nv66leJ3Ji1qf6m95o1_250.gif

tumblr_nv66leJ3Ji1qf6m95o2_250.gif

tumblr_nv66leJ3Ji1qf6m95o3_250.gif

tumblr_nv66leJ3Ji1qf6m95o4_250.gif

It's really surreal seeing Fishbach competing having listened to him so much on RHAP and never seeing his season.

I completely forgot who Abi was until she opened her mouth.

Wasn't the biggest fan of that episode I have to say. A lot of setup and background material that wasn't too necessary if you were familiar with the cast.

Wow that was tense when she was going for that idol, nail biting stuff, hope we see more of that with the other team. I had no recollection of who she was or what season though.

Good start anyway, Vytas trying his sexy yoga rotine on the girls :D

Wow that was tense when she was going for that idol, nail biting stuff, hope we see more of that with the other team. I had no recollection of who she was or what season though.

She was in the most recent Blood vs Water season, but got voted out fairly early on (possibly during the first week of the merge), because people really didn't like her dad (and to be fair he was a bit of a jerk) and he had individual immunity or something, as far as I remember.

But before all that Kelly showed a lot of potential within her original tribe and I actually had her pegged to win that season, but her dad f***ed it up on her, which is why I'm happy she's getting a second chance at the game.

I cant believe Abi got back into this season, she's a disaster and a total liability. Glad Spencer survived, I wouldn't be surprised if
    the merge next week was down to the producers deciding they wanted to keep him around as he's such a fan favourite. 3 Tribes should be interesting and also stops a likely blowout from the original two tribes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Wasn't the biggest fan of that episode I have to say. A lot of setup and background material that wasn't too necessary if you were familiar with the cast.

For those of us who have watched it all, sure. We dont need it. But for newcomers to the show, it was very important to hear the snippets of backstory. I watched it alongside a person who had never watched a single episode before so it was helpful to get them up to speed.

It's a smart move. You have to be accessible to new fans.

I'm glad Spencer wasn't the one voted out. Have to say I'm loving Jeff and Terry adapting to the "New School" game of Survivor. Fishbach isn't coming across well this season at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm glad Spencer wasn't the one voted out. Have to say I'm loving Jeff and Terry adapting to the "New School" game of Survivor. Fishbach isn't coming across well this season at all.

Yup. I don't even think Terry was planning it, just wanted to be nice, and then when Abi mentioned working together, he obviously went with it. Varner has been great, I get Frank Underwood vibes watching him play and with his accent. I can just imagine him sitting down eating ribs and plotting stuff.

titan18 wrote: »
    Yup. I don't even think Terry was planning it, just wanted to be nice, and then when Abi mentioned working together, he obviously went with it. Varner has been great, I get Frank Underwood vibes watching him play and with his accent. I can just imagine him sitting down eating ribs and plotting stuff.

I just don’t see it; he seems to me a bit frazzled with no clear strategy, just bumbling along trying to ‘play hard’. He voted out Vytas to ‘send a message’ to the side he wanted to play with but by doing so made it the weaker numbers alliance. He had no guarantee that the ‘new school’ alliance would deal with Abi’s first blow up so poorly and more importantly that it would happen so quickly while the ‘old school’ side still had the numbers to capitalise.

I’m surprised that Spencer and Shireen didn’t play the card of the votes the old school team played when talking to Abi. I’m guessing at that point they knew how much trouble they were in so for one to start throwing dirt would just make themselves a bigger target. Abi is also so shortsighted and vindictive that I have a feeling that the person who crossed her most recently will always be top of her hit list so she probably wouldn’t have listened anyway.

I have to point out how much I hate the term ‘old school’ and ‘new school’. It’s way over simplifying things by trying to link the way of thinking to when they played. From very early there were players who strategised more and made alliances while others chose to play a more social/hard working game, it's not like it's a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'm pretty shocked that they didn't vote Spencer out,he's a far bigger threat than Shirin.Abi Maria is a total liability, she just couldn't help herself... Revealing the predicament Shirin and Spencer were in.Spiteful and vindictive,an idiotic play.She's never get a gig with mafia,omerta.Can see it really kicking off with herself and Peih Gee. She can barely conceal her contempt under that very superficial veneer she wears.
    Loving Varner,seems to be making up as he goes along.That's such a cool comparison,definitely get a Frank Underwood vibe off of him.
    Fishbach is getting a really bad edit,emotionally underdeveloped.
    Jeremy as in his last appearance is having delusions of grandeur,"they want to vote me out cause I'm such a big physical threat "... Laughable.
    Really enjoying it thus far.

Kirby wrote: »
    For those of us who have watched it all, sure. We dont need it. But for newcomers to the show, it was very important to hear the snippets of backstory. I watched it alongside a person who had never watched a single episode before so it was helpful to get them up to speed.

It's a smart move. You have to be accessible to new fans.
    Ah yeah, I'm just being greedy. I felt even stronger about it when I heard how hard Shirin and Spencer were playing from the off but that never made it into the edit.

Sad to see Shirin go. I've wanted her to do well burg seasons but not sure why as she's not too endearing.

The shuffle will hopefully help out Spencer and Fishbach.

No idea who I'm rooting for at this stage. Such a good cast it's hard to pick just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Who the hell voted Abi back in, first time she was on I hated her, now shes back with her terrible personality and crap game. She has as much loyalty as a tom cat. She just loves drama

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

astonaidan wrote: »
    Who the hell voted Abi back in, first time she was on I hated her, now shes back with her terrible personality and crap game. She has as much loyalty as a tom cat. She just loves drama

Some people just want to watch the world burn.......while eating a tangerine.

She was in the most recent Blood vs Water season, but got voted out fairly early on (possibly during the first week of the merge), because people really didn't like her dad (and to be fair he was a bit of a jerk) and he had individual immunity or something, as far as I remember.
    So how did she get voted on again when some proper classic players got passed over? I seriously think that vote was rigged.

• Advertisement

So how did she get voted on again when some proper classic players got passed over? I seriously think that vote was rigged.

Because the vast majority of voters will have been blow ins that only started watching over the past few seasons so would've probably been voting for the most recent people that they recognised. I doubt it was rigged, or there's no way Shane Powers and Stephanie Valencia wouldn't have gotten put back in - the general public are just idiots to be fair.

Although just because she was voted out pre-merge in her previous season doesn't mean Kelly Wentworth shouldn't be in there. I've watched Survivor since the very beginning, seen every season and she still stood out for me as one that should go back in, so I'm sure others would've seen the potential of sending her back too.

Advertisement