Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Cambodia(US) — Second Chance - [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

kingtut wrote: »
    I remember it, was crap although I still watched every episode of both seasons and even have some on VHS :D

Do you remember the show where they sailed a ship around Ireland but the ship crashed during the show and have of the contestants chose not to return (they had renamed the ship for the show which according to sea farers is a curse hence why it crashed).

It was weird how in Season 1 they had the contestants answer questions on a computer and the person to get the most wrong would have to leave the island!

Ha ha the above is spot on from my memories apparently from randomly hitting the treasure chest, from what I remember it just took them ages. Remember the decoy in the water (green thing) where they both wrestled for it and he almost took her top off :D

The winner of that season moved to Australia as soon as the show aired.
    I actually would know two of the guys one really well, the other the guy who bought the sweets and got miracle energy out of nowhere from them. Damian is a bit of a local celebrity, the other guy seems to have a new blonde every time he makes a trip out our way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Really devastated the gorgeous Monica was voted out,that dastardly Kimmi!She is really annoying,not sure if it was even the right call.The original 4 would have been best to stay tight and vote out Kelly or Spencer who are far bigger threats than Monica,tis my opinion.

Typical Abi,Woo opens up and tells a personal story and in turn looks more human.Abi pulls the auld he's looking for a sympathy vote.She's so crazy,unpredictable,hard to control and humour.Her spitefulness at the least slight is without equal!Delighted Angkor got the win in the IC,twas time their fortune turned.

Tad disappointed that Deitz is on the outs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

That was a crazy decision to vote out Monica. Just shows how sheepish the rest of Bayon are if one conversation with Kimmi can have them at each other's throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not sure about that. I'm guessing she was never on the inner circle to begin with. Can't imagine she was too tight with Jeremy and Stephen prior to hearing about her all girl alliance plan. She was more than likely bottom of the Bayon tribe before to the tribe break up.

Also, quite a few cast members pointed out that they were concerned with how mischievous she might be prior to the game starting. This may have simply confirmed it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

maybe but this stage is about numbers and they are reducing theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very sad way for Terry to leave. But as he said his son got the real second chance.

What a great blindside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

What an emotional start to the episode - sad to see Deitz go, but very glad to hear his son is doing well now.

I'm very happy Woo is gone - I was so annoyed he got voted into Second Chance in the first place, he's a terrible player. If it's a choice between Spencer or Woo to go home, I vote Woo every single time.

This won't be a popular statement, but Abi is growing on me - I actually don't want to see her voted out anytime soon.

Wigglesworth has seemingly done nothing this season - very disappointed with her strategic gameplay so far (it's non-existent).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This won't be a popular statement, but Abi is growing on me - I actually don't want to see her voted out anytime soon.

You cant be serious mate. Woo tells a story about his mother and a heart transplant.....she thinks her knee operation is the same thing. She's a nutcase, a narcissist, a bully, and a b*tch.

She is detestable. The worst person ever on the show....and I'm including Colton in that! She's that horrible.

Kirby wrote: »
    You cant be serious mate. Woo tells a story about his mother and a heart transplant.....she thinks her knee operation is the same thing. She's a nutcase, a narcissist, a bully, and a b*tch.

She is detestable. The worst person ever on the show....and I'm including Colton in that! She's that horrible.

Yeah, but in a kind of "You Love To Hate Her" sort of way... I'm a fan of the villains, what can I say...

Great episode,really sad to see Deitz go.Loved the ending with his son.
    That tribal swap makes all the possible alliances and past loyalties a conundrum.Utterly confusing.
    Loved the Reward challenge,some great contests.Fishbach's pathetic efforts.Abi really pulled it out of the bag,some of girls looked amazing all oiled up...
    Fishbach's desire to not make the same mistake and fail to make the big move like in Tocantins when he failed to target JT has intensified his want to vote out the perceived disloyal big target that is Joe.Fishbach reminds me of a Rasputin like figure,scheming his way through the game.Hopelessly inept at the physical challenges and quite introverted from a social game viewpoint...he's a geek.

Always enjoy the food challenge as an IC,I think I'd fail dismally.Psychologically I would'nt be at it,lots of retching,regurgitation ala Kass and Ciera..hats off to them all...local Cambodian delicacies scorpions,pigs snouts,duck embryos,deep fried frogs...

Tad surprised Kass kept Spencer,Woo was a hopeless player but a nice goofy guy,trusting to a point that would always prove his downfall and inevitably on the outs when a move in the offing.He as good as handed Tony the million bucks by bringing him to the final 3 out of genuine friendship.Top man,awful player.

Yeah not getting all this Abi love...lol.Wigglesworth edit thus far has been really poor.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but in a kind of "You Love To Hate Her" sort of way... I'm a fan of the villains, what can I say...

I love villains too. They make the game interesting. The lies and backstabbing and scheming. It's great!

But that isnt her. She's just vile and mean. Doing "awful" stuff is part of the game but when you berate people and get personal you have crossed a line. She is just an awful person. Her original season highlighted that every single episode.

I'm in the Abby isn't too bad camp. Calling her vile and horrible is a little OTT. Yeah, she has her issues and they are probably amplified by the nature of the game but there's a lot worse out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm in the Abby isn't too bad camp. Calling get vile ava horrible is a little OTT. Yeah, she has her issues and they are probably amplified by the nature of the game but there's a lot worse out there.

If that's her doing her best to keep her emotions in check I can only imagine what she's like in the real world. She's a rare contestant that I cannot think of a single positive thing to say about her personality.

So she's an emotional person. A terrible trait to have as a survivor player but not that big an issue in the real world.

She's also unbelievably paranoid. Again, the last thing you want from a survivor player but hardly makes her a horrible person.

From all accounts she's a nice fun girl in real life.

Anyway, what's the verdict on Stephens edit this week? Setting him up for a big fall or part of what could be a winners edit?

Hope Wentworth can get deep into the game. She's the type player that this second chance format was made for.

Think Ciera may have made a mistake by not being willing to go along with the original plan. Cass may have made a mistake by following her too.

So she's an emotional person. A terrible trait to have as a survivor player but not that big an issue in the real world.

She's also unbelievably paranoid. Again, the last thing you want from a survivor player but hardly makes her a horrible person.

From all accounts she's a nice fun girl in real life.

Anyway, what's the verdict on Stephens edit this week? Setting him up for a big fall or part of what could be a winners edit?

Hope Wentworth can get deep into the game. She's the type player that this second chance format was made for.

Think Ciera may have made a mistake by not being willing to go along with the original plan. Cass may have made a mistake by following her too.

TBF to Abi Survivor is'nt the sort of game that is'nt going to cause a tad of paranoia to rear it's ugly head.

Very hard to know what to make of Stephen's edit other than to emphasise how badly he wants to win the game.

Great potential for Wentworth to go deep into the game,she is very social,likeable and can compete at challenges.She has a strategic game too,if I recall correctly she was'nt too slow at throwing Deitz's under the bus.

Definitely agree,I think Ciera and Kass should have gone with the original plan,Ciera let that unmentionable....paranoia rear it's ugly head and possibly cloud her judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good season so far, a lot of possible winners and a few well fleshed out edits.

Personally, I'm hoping Fishbach wins it, I was disappointed when he didn't claim first in Tocantins, his edit has been the most well-rounded and I really hope it isn't a red herring, Jeremy's comment a few episodes back about being this season's JT ,or words to that effect, could be a good omen for Fishbach.

Monica claimed producer interference led to her exit but she struck me as the type of person that would indulge in sour grapery, we'll never know because of the contractual obligations in place that virtually gag the contestants from revealing too much of what went on behind the scenes, the great unknown when it comes to Survivor.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that.

Jeremy alluded to the fact that the immunity challenge may have been thrown to assist in getting Monica out. Him sitting out the challenge didn't make sense which adds some weight to the theory.

Hubris. The killer of games.

Pretty big group at the merge,delighted we've seen the back of Chaos Kass,hopefully Ciera will follow shortly.Bit of a band of brothers developing with Savage,Jeremy,Fishbach,Spencer and Joe.

Spencer and Joe are a tad more fluid in their alliances,can't say I'd like Fishbach to win..he's just too odd for my liking.Keith appears to be present for purely ornamental reasons...absolutely no contribution thus far of any note.

Wentworth is really on the outs now,the majority alliance is quite big now..who's at the top and bottom of the pecking order.Opportunity ripe for some big moves.

Savage is playing the game really hard,really enjoying his edit.

My download had no epilogue. Who voted savage?

I'm not sure if Joe needed to win that challenge. I guess it's not like nobody knew he was a challenge beast to begin with.

Loving the season anyway.

• Advertisement

My download had no epilogue. Who voted savage?

I'm not sure if Joe needed to win that challenge. I guess it's not like nobody knew he was a challenge beast to begin with.

Loving the season anyway.

Ciera

Thought that my be the case based on her comment as Cass walked off. I assume she was just covering her own back as she felt Spencer wasn't with them.

Are we missing something from the tribal council. That decision seems to contradict everything she said throughout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Thought that my be the case based on her comment as Cass walked off. I assume she was just covering her own back as she felt Spencer wasn't with them.

Are we missing something from the tribal council. That decision seems to contradict everything she said throughout it.

I’m guessing she knew the numbers weren’t with them and hoped throwing a vote Savage’s way might have caused some chaos. They really missed a step last week, as I think if they were going to turn they should have went for Savage’s throat as Woo would be more likely to fall in line and make promises that he’d have kept through the merge.

I can see why Spencer and Joe went with the others as there are more strong males on that side so there are more targets and the possibility that the strong guys could make a core alliance together to avoid getting picked off.

They’ve really set up this season so well, as through the multiple switches nearly everyone has had some interaction with all other contestants and the big numbers at the merge will leave big alliances with contestants knowing they’re at the bottom and could be willing to switch. It’s going to be a great run in.

Great to see all these Survivor veterans merging so early, because it's going to be a complete game of politics now until the end.

Wigglesworth and Keith seem to be a complete waste of space at this point, and wouldn't mind seeing the two of them going soon. At least everyone else is there to play and to play hard.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’m guessing she knew the numbers weren’t with them and hoped throwing a vote Savage’s way might have caused some chaos. They really missed a step last week, as I think if they were going to turn they should have went for Savage’s throat as Woo would be more likely to fall in line and make promises that he’d have kept through the merge.
    They wouldn't have had the votes to get Andrew out though. They only managed to weaken him by tapping into Abi Marias gripe with Woo. Or at least that's how I see it. I'm surprised the edit didn't have any Abi confessional last week.

In top of that they had no idea a merge was coming as it was unprecedented. Throw the comp, get out Savage with or without Abi Maria and take your chances at the merge.

Still don't think it was a great plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Great to see such an early merge, certainly has been a great season so far! I don't think Wigglesworth will last much longer based on her edit but Fishbach should go far, he is a really entertaining character.

Pretty happy Kass went, she is not as great a player as she likes to think she is in my opinion.

Already looking forward to the auction so I can add to my collection :D

Brilliant use and play of an idol.

I will say I am not a big fan of the editing of the season so far.

Love moments like that. Will be interesting to see the fallout.

It's great when a hidden idol is played at exactly the right moment. Feel bad for Savage, but at the same time the rest of the season would've been pretty boring if it was just Savage and his minions picking off the outsiders. They've chopped off the head of the snake now - he definitely seemed to be the one holding that alliance together. Why they didn't split the votes is beyond me. They had enough numbers to do it.

I predict new alliances will be drawn next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The over celebrating of the vote out, pretty much means they have no chance of winning. Poor Joe is just so awesome but well he has really got to win every challenge, dont understand why the bigger guys would want him gone, hes the perfect barrier for them, for me Jeremy and Spencer have more a chance the longer Joe is around, for me the only girl I wouldnt mind winning is Tasha, Siera really has a dirty side to her, shes nearly for me as evil as Abi

Advertisement