Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Cambodia(US) — Second Chance - [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

astonaidan wrote: »
    Siera really has a dirty side to her, shes nearly for me as evil as Abi

Nowhere near. Siera is just trying to win and will do whatever it takes for it. She's not snide or nasty.

Case in point, Abi's snide "At least you made the merge" snigger comment as Savage walked off. Thats the difference between them. Siera is just doing what she has to. Abi sticks the knife in because she's a b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

That was fcukin epic!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Great ep. I've always liked her, but I am now officially TEAM WENTWORTH. Sorry, Spencer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantastic tribal. Love when that happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Kirby wrote: »
    Case in point, Abi's snide "At least you made the merge" snigger comment as Savage walked off. Thats the difference between them. Siera is just doing what she has to. Abi sticks the knife in because she's a b*tch.
    Ah cmon that was brilliant! :D

• Advertisement

Absolutely. No arguement there. Excellent ending. But it was Wentworth's doing. Nothing to do with Abi. The sooner she goes home the better. But she wont because they will keep her knowing nobody will vote for her to win. She's the classic goat. It just means we will have weeks more of Abi. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

TBH I was'nt overwhelmed with the ending,it was a always going to be either Ciera or Wentworth that were targeted and it was entirely predictable that Kelley would pull out the HII.

No mystery as to why they did'nt split the vote,nobody knew she had same HII in her possession.Entirely admirable that she kept stum re the HII,great play.Can't say I loved Abi's remark,typical of the person she is.Definite goat who'll be brought to final 3 if the others have any sense.

Keith really impressed me this week in the challenges but appears to be the ultimate follower when it comes to votes....go with the flow and hope he picks the right side,terrible strategic player.

Looks like Joe is going to have to continue to win the ICs,Fishbach and the rest will vote him out unless he comes up with a HII or mould some new alliances,possibly with Spencer who appears to be isolated.I could see him aligning with Ciera and Kelley.

Ther was another great bit with her in camp where they were all sitting in the shelter and Stephen was trying to get emotional about how he doesnt bond with people and she just says "Stop whining...Get over it" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

seligehgit wrote: »
    TBH I was'nt overwhelmed with the ending,it was a always going to be either Ciera or Wentworth that were targeted and it was entirely predictable that Kelley would pull out the HII.

No mystery as to why they did'nt split the vote,nobody knew she had same HII in her possession.Entirely admirable that she kept stum re the HII,great play.Can't say I loved Abi's remark,typical of the person she is.Definite goat who'll be brought to final 3 if the others have any sense.

Keith really impressed me this week in the challenges but appears to be the ultimate follower when it comes to votes....go with the flow and hope he picks the right side,terrible strategic player.

Looks like Joe is going to have to continue to win the ICs,Fishbach and the rest will vote him out unless he comes up with a HII or mould some new alliances,possibly with Spencer who appears to be isolated.I could see him aligning with Ciera and Kelley.
    Given the numbers it seemed like the logical thing to do though. The votes were split earlier in the season where everyone wasjust as oblivious as to whether there was an idol in play or not.

I think the reasoning behind not splitting the vote was simply down to not wanting to put the effort in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

seligehgit wrote: »

No mystery as to why they did'nt split the vote,nobody knew she had same HII in her possession.Entirely admirable that she kept stum re the HII,great play.

Did you see the secret scene regarding splitting the votes :D

• Advertisement

Ha, I was just about to post that.

This thread needs more survivor videos, if you come across any stick them up, for example I managed to go years without ever hearing about this Ponderosa stuff and its exactly what Ive been looking for every season:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's because of episodes of this, I love this f**king show!!! So good, and the beauty of this season is this evolution of the game where it's voting blocks rather than outright alliances. I love the fact that Fishbach, Spencer and Jeremy are a tight unit (because right now those 3 have a ****load of power between them - 2 idols, an advantage and 2 of the best Survivor strategists of all time in Spencer and Fishbach)... And I'm actually also rooting for the "Three Witches" - I really liked Ciera and Wentworth in their original seasons and Abi is someone I love to hate, so those 6 working together for another few votes would be brilliant to see... Ideally, I would like to see Kimmi, Keith and Tasha go in the next 3 tribals because having Jeremy, Spencer, Fishbach, Ciera, Wentworth, Abi and Joe at final 7 would be fascinating to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think Fishbach and a few other contestants are deluding themselves or trying to mislead others about how they’ve ‘evolved’ the game with the whole voting block thing. People have always jumped ship on alliances when they felt like they needed to, whether they felt they were on the bottom or not, the only difference in this season is that there are just a higher number of players that are willing to make that move early.

They aren’t even being consistent with their voting block concept, one minute Fishbach is saying that there’s now no top or bottom of an alliance but a few scenes later he’s telling the guys that they’re on the bottom.

I really cant see how they’ve changed the game at all and I’m sure the fallout from this will likely show that (ie those in the original alliance not trusting Jeremy, Spencer, and Fishbach again).

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Just a few thoughts over the last few episodes, think Kass made a mistake in turning on Tasha for the reason that its hard to rally against her, no way would Spencer go against her.

Wentworth's idol play is a funny one for me... yes she saved herself blah blah blah, but was aiming at Savage going to break up the others wanting to take strategy more? I dont believe so even though Stephen flipped the script this week, he was mad to make a move and hes so focused on what he supposedly did wrong rather than playing whats infront of him!

I think this is a bad move for Jeremy, and 2 Idols won't get him to Final 3 im calling it now! By backing Stephen hes resigned himself to being caught out long term! Although all he needs to do is get Tasha/Kimmi back on board and hes golden again! Spencer is goosed also I think!

Personally if I was there I would work properly with Joe, and stick with him until the end, other than "Im a nice guy and i won all challenges hes no story!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Personally if I was there I would work properly with Joe, and stick with him until the end, other than "Im a nice guy and i won all challenges hes no story!"

For me the only way that works is if you have a larger alliance that is 100% in agreement regarding bringing Joe along. If they haven’t fully bought in there’s a huge risk of them blindsiding Joe and not including you, which could leave you on the outs going forward.

Double episode next week by the way.

Thargor wrote: »
    This thread needs more survivor videos, if you come across any stick them up, for example I managed to go years without ever hearing about this Ponderosa stuff and its exactly what Ive been looking for every season:
    I just discovered this thread on reddit which is a gold mine of additional content.

I'm loving the season and am still puzzled as to where it's going. Fishbach making it to the end with Jeremy and losing out? Joe doing the impossible? Ciera/Abi/Kelly to turn things around?

I think this weeks decision needs a little more filling in tbh. The edit makes it seem like a somewhat risky move for Fishbach and Jeremy but maybe we're a little in the dark.

Kudos to Spencer for dragging himself back into the game. In fairness, I'm not sure how much of a master strategist he actually is but he's damn good at scrambling.

Oh yeah, Australian Survivor has also been confirmed for next year.

Twitter Link

• Advertisement

Really enjoyable episode,total blowout in the RC,Abi on the outs as usual.Warming to her in spite of the incessant rain.

Can't get the logic of Fishbach's voting block mumbo jumbo,all he's done is piss off his allies who were on the outs re the vote.It's all like a game of chess to the fascinating human study that is Fishbach.Amazed he's not getting targeted for his duplicity,his strategizing is a tad too smart for his own good.His advantage is significant but hardly a winning formula given the numbers remaining.He's getting a massive amount of tv time,bodes well for a final 3 spot.

Joe is a IC invincible,rooting for him but it appears he'll have to solidify an alliance with Tasha and the dead wood that are Keith and Kimmi to stay in the game if he demonstrates mortality and fails to win a IC.

Loving the witches coven,Macbeth analogies courtesy of Fishbach.Bad ass like the great Black Widow alliance of the past Amanda,Cirie and Parvati.

Agreed I can envisage a glorious blindside of Jeremy with the 2 HIIs in his pocket a la James Clement,total overconfidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Australian Survivor has also been confirmed for next year.

Twitter Link

Really surprised at that. There was one done years ago - it was terrible and only lasted the one season.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I just discovered this thread on reddit which is a gold mine of additional content.

I'm loving the season and am still puzzled as to where it's going. Fishbach making it to the end with Jeremy and losing out? Joe doing the impossible? Ciera/Abi/Kelly to turn things around?

I think this weeks decision needs a little more filling in tbh. The edit makes it seem like a somewhat risky move for Fishbach and Jeremy but maybe we're a little in the dark.

Kudos to Spencer for dragging himself back into the game. In fairness, I'm not sure how much of a master strategist he actually is but he's damn good at scrambling.

Yeah could'nt have put it better,he's hung on in there in part due a good element of luck,the cards falling his way.MASTER SCRAMBLER,he's pretty non descript in terms of strategizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fantastic double episode with two great tribal's.

Fantastic double episode with two great tribal's.

Yeah, this is the best season in a long time and has the potential to be one of the best ever.

The promo for next week has me worried though -
    I really hope no one is pulled on medical grounds because of an accident. And judging my what we saw in that trailer, I can only see 2 people that could possibly have been hurt and it would be a travesty to lose anyone that way.

"Sorry Abi". :D That made me laugh so hard.

Another golden one was when after the challenge Keith said "You can quit milking that foot fish, you were running like a deer out there!" :D

I guess I'm rooting for Wentworth from here on out so. Sad to see Stephen go but that move to get rid of Wigglesworth last week really back fired on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Still cant breath :eek::eek:

That was an epic episode of Survivor.Whoever wins the million bucks will have done it the hard way.2 awesome reward challenges,thought it was a tad foolhardy of the supposed everybody against Joe alliance or is that a block to forfeit a shot at immunity and leave poor Keith to carry a forlorn flag against the golden boy.That was an absolutely classic line by Keith re Fishbach's feet,he's an incredibly funny character.

Decent move by Jeremy at the first tribal.Fishbach's Rasputin like conniving ended up biting him in the ass in the end.Edit tad melodramatic,I thought the others were going to come back with Wentworth stranded under their newly enforced shelter.

Can't blame Joe for competing for immunity but after Spencer brought his reign of supremacy to an end I was still surprised there wasn't a majority on board for voting him out considering how great a clamour,verging on desperation that there had to vote him out as soon as he failed to win an IC. How many more opportunities might they get to vote out the IC king? Wentworth is really coming to the fore,playing a great game.Jeremy and Tasha in a really precarious position now.

I hope never to hear of voting blocks again!

• Advertisement

Brilliant brilliant episode, imagine if every season people would just use their brains and blindside the threats over and over again. I would give anything for Keith to win, he's just too funny, hope thats not him in the promo (You'd think the set designers would have anticipated something like that if it was what it looked like?). What a waste of Jeremys idol on Fishback though and Joe all set for another immunity winning streak now.

Good news about ozzie Survivor aswell, all they have to do is stick the US format and it should be a winner, its popular over there, they have their own forums etc.

Advertisement