Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pjmn

<take it to AH>

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I may just sit outside the greyhound track that day and laugh. Or not, it'll be chilly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Her daughter is going around "trying" to sell tickets door to door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mr.Carter wrote: »

To raise funds for her campaign?

For this...
    "Senator Fidelma Healy Eames is launching her independent campaign for a Dáil Seat in Galway West/South Mayo with a ‘Night at the Dogs’.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is she not trying very hard or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Lets not bring her daughter into it :-(

c_man wrote: »
    Is she not trying very hard or what?

FHE wouldn't be high on peoples preference in any vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

FHE wouldn't be high on peoples preference in any vote.
    So you say, but she came 5th in 1st preferences in 2011, and finished 7th overall. electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2011&cons=129

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

snubbleste wrote: »
    So you say, but she came 5th in 1st preferences in 2011, and finished 7th overall. electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2011&cons=129

She's gotten a ridiculous amount of negative publicity since then, and back then she was also on the Fine Gael ticket, which gathered a lot of support.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She's gotten a ridiculous amount of negative publicity since then, and back then she was also on the Fine Gael ticket, which gathered a lot of support.
    We vote in cute hoor politicians all the time. She's not a government candidate this time around, which is viewed as a +.

snubbleste wrote: »

All that shows is she tried and failed numerous times.

Most of it her own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

This was posted over on reddit.com/r/Ireland

http://i.imgur.com/5oQpxZP.jpg

Seems to have printed some WingDings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Nah... That's her cheat code.

Eogclouder wrote: »
    This was posted over on reddit.com/r/Ireland

http://i.imgur.com/5oQpxZP.jpg

Seems to have printed some WingDings :D

:pac: WingNut prints WingDings

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Illumnati symbols?

Somebody told her it was Syrian....she's getting ready for the arrival of some people who might vote for her.

...or maybe it's her "WIFFY" code

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I suppose it was only a matter of time before she turned anti-vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Lockstep wrote: »

Is she holding a twitter screenshot in her hand and calling it testimony?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"Binders full of teenage girls".

It gets even better; if they're the same group I'm thinking of, they're being "advised" into litigation by some of the stars of the Freemen thread. Watch out for any fundraising drives there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I live near the greyhound stadium, and Saturday night was 'treated' to drunken hen parties walking out of Fidelma's night at the dogs, complete with blow up dolls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Fidelma's greyhound looks embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I feel I've stood up for her an embarrassing amount in this thread but, here I go again.,,
    In the youtube she was responding to another person's very serious address to the Seanad on over 100 teenage girls in Ireland who have been chronically, some seriously ill and hospitalised, since their HPV vaccine. The person in the initial address said some parents had not been advised of possible side effects or reasons why some kids were unsuitable for the vaccine. She was right to highlight what had been said and say this needed to be looked into,it was a measured but responsible response. Not every negative comment on effects of vaccines reflects an "antivaxer"stance.
    It's an instance where a headline is written just because it's her and a serious issue gets overlooked because making fun of her is the thrust of the headline, commentary and public comments.
    I know a girl who has been ill since that vaccine, so ill she's been referred to a hospital in London where they have told her family they think she did have a reaction to the vaccine or that it triggered an underlying illness. Count a hundred kids in that position and they deserve a discussion about them, not a fidelma bandwagon good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I feel I've stood up for her an embarrassing amount in this thread but, here I go again.,,
    In the youtube she was responding to another person's very serious address to the Seanad on over 100 teenage girls in Ireland who have been chronically, some seriously ill and hospitalised, since their HPV vaccine. The person in the initial address said some parents had not been advised of possible side effects or reasons why some kids were unsuitable for the vaccine. She was right to highlight what had been said and say this needed to be looked into,it was a measured but responsible response. Not every negative comment on effects of vaccines reflects an "antivaxer"stance.
    It's an instance where a headline is written just because it's her and a serious issue gets overlooked because making fun of her is the thrust of the headline, commentary and public comments.
    I know a girl who has been ill since that vaccine, so ill she's been referred to a hospital in London where they have told her family they think she did have a reaction to the vaccine or that it triggered an underlying illness. Count a hundred kids in that position and they deserve a discussion about them, not a fidelma bandwagon good laugh.
    and twitter is the best place for such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

If serious issues get overlooked because Fidelma has raised the issue and people turn it into a joke does that not make her position untenable?

topcat77 wrote: »
    If serious issues get overlooked because Fidelma has raised the issue and people turn it into a joke does that not make her position untenable?

What serious issues? The Wiffy? The kids being raped on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

There's been no link between the HPV vaccine and the girls. Contrary to what whack groups like the National Citizens Movement are trying to push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There's been no link between the HPV vaccine and the girls. Contrary to what whack groups like the National Citizens Movement are trying to push.

No link has been established at this point. Gardasil, the main component of the vaccine, is presently under review by the European Medicines Agency for being implicated in causing two serious conditions, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardic Syndrome and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Postural Orthostatic Tachycardic Syndrome can be particularly devastating if severe to the point of being utterly disabling.
    If parents aren't being given full information and contre indications, the claim FHE was responding to in the Seanad and the subject of the meetings to be held, then that is an issue worthy of discussion.

Swine flu vaccine was not found to have serious safety concerns until it was administered to the public and some people developed narcolepsy as a result,80% are children including a small number of Irish children. They have since received payouts from governments who administered the vaccine as a link has been it and narcolepsy has now been established.

It's essential to keep an open mind and at least investigate these things if they arise. Certainly if there are established contre indications they need to be flagged for parents. It's as irrational to shout down every negative experience of a vaccine without knowing all the facts as it is to be an antivaxer

Advertisement