Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Events 2015

Options
  • 20-08-2015 11:22am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is to be used for all discussion about upcoming Christmas Events 2015.

I'm really looking forward to the I Believe in Christmas Event.

http://www.ibelieveinchristmas.ie/
    This holiday season, Dublin will celebrate the magic of a traditional, authentic Irish Christmas Village experience at the CHQ Custom House Quarter, Dublin.

I BELIEVE Christmas Village welcomes Ireland’s first winter food, drink, craft and horticulture market in an exceptional setting. Graze your way through a fantastic array of local goodies and pick up some quality, once-off products from one of the 50 festive chalets.

Opening on Thursday 26th November - join us for the official switch on of THE DUBLIN TREE LIGHTS, I BELIEVE will run through to December 23rd and reopen on the 30th December – 1st January to ring in 2016 in style.
    With the best of Irish Shopping, dining and entertainment in one location, I BELIEVE will be THE Christmas destination.

This seems to be replacing the Christmas Market from Stephen's Green which wasn't too well received last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Draíocht in Blanchardstown have a Christmas fair on in November. I think it's the 28th and 29th but I've thrown out the brochure. They're showing Elf on the 28th and The Muppet Christmas Carol on the 29th. I'm sure they'll have more info on their website closer to the time so people can double check the dates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tickets are now on sale for the Amber Springs Christmas Train Experience.

I've never been myself but it's hugely popular and it's been going on for a few years now.

http://santatrainexperience.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Have my tickets - looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not really an event but this just popped up on my Facebook as a suggested page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Santas-Pop-up-Cocktail-Bar-Dublin/813588828757506

Loughc wrote: »
    Not really an event but this just popped up on my Facebook as a suggested page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Santas-Pop-up-Cocktail-Bar-Dublin/813588828757506

That's right up my street!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Possible Christmas forum meet up location! :pac: :D

Posy wrote: »
    Possible Christmas forum meet up location! :pac: :D

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Got an email this evening that Winterval Waterford is now open to book tickets, it's on 20 November to 23 December.

Link to the newsletter:[URL] http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2680c43e509b4a1a82c19e01d&id=5d6f093882&e=3163d51e94[/URL]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

miamee wrote:
    Got an email this evening that Winterval Waterford is now open to book tickets, it's on 20 November to 23 December.

miamee wrote:
    Link to the newsletter:

That link is coming up as invalid. Could you edit or repost please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ComfortKid wrote: »
    That link is coming up as invalid. Could you edit or repost please.
    Works for me but here it is again:
    http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2680c43e509b4a1a82c19e01d&id=5d6f093882&e=3163d51e94

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »

Works fine for me too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

miamee wrote:
    Works for me but here it is again:

Thanks. 2nd one works but first one still isn't. Strange.

http://www.goss.ie/2015/09/dublin-set-for-rockerfeller-style-christmas-tree/
    The festival will create 230 seasonal jobs and reportedly inject €8.4m into the economy, and will run for 28 days in the lead-up to Christmas.

There’s already 10,000 visitors expected per day, and the festival will focus on supporting Irish businesses, traders, craftspeople, producers and charities from November 26th until December 23rd.

Really looking forward to the I Believe In Christmas Event now.
    But the most exciting part is that the whole festival will be centred around a gigantic 50 foot tall “Rockefeller-style” Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

http://www.goss.ie/2015/09/dublin-set-for-rockerfeller-style-christmas-tree/

Really looking forward to the I Believe In Christmas Event now.

It's looking good

The 50ft tree is very home alone like. I can't wait to see it all lit up!

If you're anywhere near CHQ in the IFSC the I Believe in Christmas elves are there today. You can get your photo taken with them and possibly win a prize.

Just booked tickets for Disney on Ice in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

Can't wait for the IFSC market now that I've heard they're going New York style. Definitely going to this :) Hope to make the RDS one as well.

The Chocolate Garden of Ireland in Tullow has Elf Chocolate Workshops in November and December.
    Get hands-on working with the Chocolate Elves to get ready for Christmas!

This Christmas, you can join in with the Elves in a magical, fun-filled chocolate-making workshop at The Chocolate Garden of Ireland. It is an interactive workshop with a live link with the North Pole, in contact with both the Elf Workshop there and a live link with Santa himself who will address the boys and girls personally – but only if they are on the good list! Roll up your sleeves and make and decorate a chocolate moulded Christmas figure to take home; decorate a large chocolate bar, maybe for Santa…and there’ll be lots of tastings and chocolate fun in between.

To finish off, enjoy a warm drink of spiced apple. Trainee Elves will receive a Certificate!

Prices:

CHOCOLATE MOULD-MAKERS “TRAINEE ELVES” €12.50
    NON-MOULD-MAKERS “ASSISTANT ELVES” €8.00

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christmas-Kingdom-Christmas-Kingdom/323201357867082

Not familiar with this event but I seen it advertised on Facebook just now.

• Advertisement

It's in England, and it's expensive, but if you're a big Harry Potter fan this might be the Christmas event for you.

The Snowman is on in the Bord Gais Theatre on the 14th and 20th of December. If you're a Bord Gais Energy Rewards Club member you can get €10 off family tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just read that cinemas in the US are showing Home Alone as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations (:eek:) of its release. Wonder would they do that here in Ireland as well, would be great if they did. Would love to see it on the big screen!

leahyl wrote: »
    Just read that cinemas in the US are showing Home Alone as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations (:eek:) of its release. Wonder would they do that here in Ireland as well, would be great if they did. Would love to see it on the big screen!

Last year the Lighthouse cinema in Dublin did a whole load of Christmas film screenings including Home Alone! Hopefully they do it again this year.

leahyl wrote: »

Firstly how is it 25 years old? I'm as young as I ever was! :-O

Secondly, the distributor confirmed on Twitter it will be re-released in Ireland for the 2 days in November but cannot confirm locations as a this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Firstly how is it 25 years old? I'm as young as I ever was! :-O

Secondly, the distributor confirmed on Twitter it will be re-released in Ireland for the 2 days in November but cannot confirm locations as a this time.

Oh really?!! Yaaay! I hope they show it somewhere in cork!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

miamee wrote: »
    Last year the Lighthouse cinema in Dublin did a whole load of Christmas film screenings including Home Alone! Hopefully they do it again this year.
    Yeah, The Lighthouse showed Home Alone, Die Hard, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation etc last year. :)

From Her.ie:

Whether you're a fan of the festive season or you could give Scrooge a run for his money, you're soon to start hearing a lot more about Christmas 2015.

The dates for the switching on of Dublin's Christmas lights have been confirmed and we're more than a little excited.

According to the Irish Mirror, Henry Street will be the first area to light up on November 12th and Grafton Street will follow soon after on the 15th of November.

Smithfield is going all out this year with plans for a free open air concert on the 26th November which will coincide with the lighting of a 'huge' Christmas tree.

Finally, O'Connell Street will be all decked out in decorations and lights from the 29th.

That's it now, no more talk of Christmas for at least another six weeks.

SO excited now. Loving the idea of the open air concert down in Smithfields. Shame it's a Thursday but I'm planning on booking that Friday off anyway so it's be rude not to attend and then visit Santas pop up cocktail bar afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

SO excited now. Loving the idea of the open air concert down in Smithfields. Shame it's a Thursday but I'm planning on booking that Friday off anyway so it's be rude not to attend and then visit Santas pop up cocktail bar afterwards.

Oh is the cocktail bar going ahead?

I wonder will it be the led tree in Smithfield again this year? It cost a fortune and only stayed on O'Connell St a couple of years. I know it was a bit of a marmite tree but I liked it.

Advertisement