Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Events 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Brilliant. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does anyone know when St Stephen's Green Santa arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Whispered wrote: »
    Brilliant. Thanks :)

No problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Malerie

Anyone have any ideas on where the real Santa with the REAL beard is going to be this year? Have a 10 year old who is starting to ask questions, and would love him to meet the actual guy this year :-/ I'll go anywhere for the best experience!!! Help me please!!!

Malerie wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on where the real Santa with the REAL beard is going to be this year? Have a 10 year old who is starting to ask questions, and would love him to meet the actual guy this year :-/ I'll go anywhere for the best experience!!! Help me please!!!

St Stephen's Green Santa is the real one. He's amazing and so into it.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/santa-claus-interview-1816956-Dec2014/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Malerie wrote: »

The Clearys Santa who many regard the best will be at the I believe in Christmas event. You'll need to book in advance for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Malerie wrote:
    Anyone have any ideas on where the real Santa with the REAL beard is going to be this year? love him to meet the actual guy this year :-/ Help me please!!!
    The real Santa goes to St Stephens green- saw him last year and he was wonderful

Loughc wrote: »
    The Clearys Santa who many regard the best will be at the I believe in Christmas event. You'll need to book in advance for him.

Isn't he only for block bookings though? 30 children at a time and you don't get to talk to him just hear him read a story and write a letter to leave for him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    Isn't he only for block bookings though? 30 children at a time and you don't get to talk to him just hear him read a story and write a letter to leave for him.

Yea I think that's the arrangement they have with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Malahide Christmas Wonderland is back on! They've had to cut back on some stuff, but thank goodness common sense prevailed. Should be great craic in the village!

• Advertisement

Just a reminder the Christmas tree lights are getting turned on at 4pm today in grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Does anyone know what time the I Believe Christmas tree lights will be turned on? It's on the 26th but I can't find the time. I'd like to go to one of the lighting ceremonies but we probably wont make it down to Smithfield in time on the 26th and I Believe is super convenient for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Had a great weekend. Went to Disney on Ice yesterday and the Grafton Street lights today.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Loughc wrote: »
    Heading to this in December. I love A Christmas Carol. It'll be interesting to see what it's like acted out in such an intimate venue.

http://smockalley.com/christmas-carol/
    i

Thanks so much for posting this. Just booked my tickets.

fall wrote: »
    i

Thanks so much for posting this. Just booked my tickets.

When you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

December 12th matinee

Does anyone know what time the I Believe Christmas tree lights will be turned on? It's on the 26th but I can't find the time. I'd like to go to one of the lighting ceremonies but we probably wont make it down to Smithfield in time on the 26th and I Believe is super convenient for us.

There's no time announced but here's more info

http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/whats-on-events/christmas-tree-switch-smithfield-square

If anyone is up around Bath Avenue, Dublin 4 Mr Tilly turned on his lights this week.

He decorates his house with loads of outdoor lights and ornaments and people go to see it and make a donation to the Irish Hospice Foundation.

The I Believe Christmas tree has been cut down and will be arriving at CHQ in the next ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

kitten_k wrote: »
    If anyone is up around Bath Avenue, Dublin 4 Mr Tilly turned on his lights this week.

He decorates his house with loads of outdoor lights and ornaments and people go to see it and make a donation to the Irish Hospice Foundation.

I live quite close to Bath Avenue, I've just been wondering when these lights will be turned on! I'll have to take a stroll down that way during the week!

If anyone is interested, there is now a second showing of Elf at the Sugar Club on 7th December. (The showing on the 1st has sold out)

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/elf-tickets-19596268968?utm_term=eventurl_text

They have already been switched on Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

kitten_k wrote: »
    They have already been switched on Emma.

Oh I got that - I'm planning to go down and see the house all lit up :D

Sorry I ready your reply wrong, thought you were asking when they will be lit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's a new Christmas thing* coming to Galway. It will be down next to the Connacht Tribune office where the Arts Festival Gallery has been for the past couple of years.

http://www.icevillegalway.com/

It looks like it's an ice cabin (akin to an icebar)

Fair pricey though!

Coca Cola truck tour

image001.png

The I Believe lights are being turned on at 5 on the 26th. Hopefully I'll make it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

In case anyone is interested the coca cola truck tour starts this Friday (27th nov). It's worth a look if you live nearby. I can't do links but Google will give you the links.

Advertisement