Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox C4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No sign of Steph and Dom this episode?

They must have found a wine tasting event that hasn't already barred them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

New series starts tonight at 9pm.

Yay :)

Missed it tonight... is it repeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Missed it tonight... is it repeated?

Yep, it's repeated on Channel 4 tomorrow night at 10.05 pm.

Steph and Dom back next Friday night according to Twitter...

tumblr_n63kv1glgw1qbjwndo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm afraid I laughed way too hard at the jelly. One of the funniest things I have seen in ages :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Smidge wrote: »
    I'm afraid I laughed way too hard at the jelly. One of the funniest things I have seen in ages :o:D

Me too. We need more tv moments that create great big laughing fits for all viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Thargor wrote: »
    UKIP flopped, 1 MP in all the UK, glad that daughters back :D

for ages i thought it was the one girl in their family, appearing with & without makeup

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 new girls are rubbish.

Thargor wrote: »
    2 new girls are rubbish.

Yeah, they're clearly putting on the dumb act for the camera. Really transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Has Jay and the blonde girl split up? I missed him last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Seen this late night recently...let's just take a minute. This is a TV show that looks at people watching TV shows...this is everything wrong with TV at the moment.

reality tv has been a death sentence to actual decent tv but this is a step further. Money going into this could be used for something else but yet we want to watch people watching tv. Am I the only one who sees how messed up this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

tvnutz wrote:
    but yet we want to watch people watching tv. Am I the only one who sees how messed up this is?

But its not about watching people watching Tv. The people become characters in their own right. Their interactions and quips can be funny! (Except sandy and Sandra .... for me)

But its not about watching people watching Tv. The people become characters in their own right. Their interactions and quips can be funny! (Except sandy and Sandra .... for me)

The money going into it is very little. And it saves me from watching the X Factor etc. - this lot do it for me and report back. And when Steph and Dom return I'll have someone to get pissed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

tvnutz wrote: »
    Seen this late night recently...let's just take a minute. This is a TV show that looks at people watching TV shows...this is everything wrong with TV at the moment.
    Some of the funniest and most witty shows on television are and have been for a number of years the shows which critique or make fun of some of the other crap that's on TV. Particularly these shows that the nation "must watch" like X-Factor and BGT (etc.) which are really mindless entertainment. The only fun thing about watching those shows is making fun of them and I have always enjoyed these types of shows - I'm still a huge MST3K fan for example.
    reality tv has been a death sentence to actual decent tv but this is a step further. Money going into this could be used for something else but yet we want to watch people watching tv. Am I the only one who sees how messed up this is?
    Gogglebox pays for itself probably 3 or 4 times over actually.

Very meh tonight. Not a lot can be done when the highlight of the week is some twat catching a shrimp.

I really want to start watching Doctor Foster now.

The only pair I can see missing from the new series are the two eggheads with the boob picture on their wall. They won't be missed at all, but at least they were better than the awful new bimbo pair putting on the dumb act for the cameras. Ugh, they irk me almost as much as Sandy and Sandra do....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Vicar lady saying clitoris three times on prime time Telly .... Oh yeah you are so edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm gutted I've missed watched dr foster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I really want to start watching Doctor Foster now.

The only pair I can see missing from the new series are the two eggheads with the boob picture on their wall. They won't be missed at all, but at least they were better than the awful new bimbo pair putting on the dumb act for the cameras. Ugh, they irk me almost as much as Sandy and Sandra do....

I don't think we've seen those 3 student lads yet this season. They'd pop up every second episode in previous seasons with a useless cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just watching on catch-up here.
    I bloody hate when Leon tells June to "Shush" or "be quiet" when she hasn't even said anything..he's so rude.

They need to get rid of the vicar and her husband; she's a preacher and he says nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

I was surprised when one half of the outrageously gay couple said "I will be going home tonight, will you be OK?" :)

antonymin wrote: »
    I was surprised when one half of the outrageously gay couple said "I will be going home tonight, will you be OK?" :)

I think they split up. Sharing custody of the TV and the Gogglebox contract.

No, I think it's because one of them is always picking at his bare feet and has extremely smelly fingers. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes they split up a couple of years back

Yes they split up a couple of years back

That doesn't compute. They were on this evening commenting on recent programmes or am I missing something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

That doesn't compute. They were on this evening commenting on recent programmes or am I missing something?

They split, just continuing with the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Wow, you're right. I just Googled and found an interview from last year with Attitude magazine. Here's an extrract:

You and Stephen aren’t actually a couple, but you do seem very coupley…
    We were friends years ago, and then we evolved into sort of more like a relationship, so we were actually seeing each other when I got the opportunity of going on Gogglebox. So that’s how Stephen and I got on it. We were actually a couple for the first series! But we decided that we’re better as friends. So second series, we went into it as friends, but I think a lot of followers that watched the first series continued to think that we were a couple. I think that people just assume that, because we’re two gay guys and we’re really close. And him always taking the piss out of me, well, a lot of people do that in relationships, don’t they? But I actually have a boyfriend and so does Stephen.

Wow, you're right. I just Googled and found an interview from last year with Attitude magazine. Here's an extrract:

You and Stephen aren’t actually a couple, but you do seem very coupley…
    We were friends years ago, and then we evolved into sort of more like a relationship, so we were actually seeing each other when I got the opportunity of going on Gogglebox. So that’s how Stephen and I got on it. We were actually a couple for the first series! But we decided that we’re better as friends. So second series, we went into it as friends, but I think a lot of followers that watched the first series continued to think that we were a couple. I think that people just assume that, because we’re two gay guys and we’re really close. And him always taking the piss out of me, well, a lot of people do that in relationships, don’t they? But I actually have a boyfriend and so does Stephen.

OK, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Friends can watch tv together too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I must get back into this. I've only seen last Friday's episode for the new season.

Nice to see the Michaels back...for no reason in particular . . . . :|

Advertisement