Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strings introduction to macroeconomics

• 13-09-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭

Just a place to log my bets, mostly american sports.

NFL

Double of Dolphins/Bengals to cover - 5pts (Spreads, both -3)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

NFL

Treble of Dolphins/Bengal/Cardinal to cover - 5pts (Spreads, two @ -3 as before and the Cards are -2.5)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Double returns 17.85 - 5 = +12.85
    Treble returns 34.07 - 5 = +29.07

Running total +41.92

Log gets off to a perfect start.

Liking both the Eagles to cover and the overs in the game v Atlanta tonight. Will make a decision in next 30 minutes

Pulled the trigger

Eagles -3 and over 55 @2.50/ 5pt staked

Think overs represents the safest bet but feel good enough about the ability of the Eagles offence to do well both on the ground and in the air to make the double viable.

Poor from the Eagles last night, my own fault really for banking on them to score 30+ points, Atlanta put up the points expected but the Eagles were shocking first half then threw it away again after getting back into in to it in the second half. Think the overs could be a good bet on their games for the year :)

Running total: +36.92

• Advertisement

As a rule I tend to stay away from football bets but here we go......

Looking at a Manchester double in the CL tonight, City at 17/20 home to Juventus and United 11/8 away to PSV

United should have enough to beat PSV, Rooney or no Rooney and as long as they score I feel confident in that bet, the team is set up to handle European football that little bit better at the moment.

City are on fire at the moment and though they have their woes in Europe historically Juventus have had a nightmare start to the season with 1 point from 3 games, it came with a late equalizer at home to Chievo Verona 3 days ago. Good time to play them seemingly for a team that is on fire.

5pt double

Had an analysis of the matches done, but you know what the least said about them the better and a timely reminder for me to stay away from English football teams! :)

Nasty injury to Luke Shaw tonight, wish him a speedy recovery

Running total: +31.92

A bet already done for the weekend is a straight up treble

Saints/Rams/Chiefs to win - 5pt stake

Not too keen on many bets this week really, may follow another user on a couple of college selections to have an interest in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

A bet already done for the weekend is a straight up treble

Saints/Rams/Chiefs to win - 5pt stake

Not too keen on many bets this week really, may follow another user on a couple of college selections to have an interest in the game

Chiefs could struggle tonight against that loaded Denver Defence, think I'll take the unders. Should be an old fashioned war of attrition.

I think it will be a low scoring game alright, just feel Arrowhead will help see them through it, they are very good on D themselves and Manning has looked like a guy who should retire since last season. I am going with them to make homefield advantage count.

You saw what the Chiefs did to the Pats last year when they weren't quite at it, even with a good D and I saw very little in week 1 to suggest the Broncos are going to be the force they were in the last couple of years, the D will keep them in games but I think they lose the close ones this year more often then not. I would rate the Chiefs at about 4pt faves given the home field advantage going in to the game and if the Broncos cant get a lot better on offense then they were last week it could be a long night for them. Manning was sacked 4 times last week and the line was not protecting him at all, the Chiefs should be well capable of putting that kind of pressure on him again, a short week and travelling to one of the more hostile enviroments in the NFL all go against the Broncos along with the poor showing from week 1.

Other then what I posted I don't see much more appealing this week, possibly the overs in the Pats/Bills game but will take a closer look at the weekend before deciding. I actually like the Bills straight up there too on first glance, but probably wont do a bet on the result

• Advertisement

I think the Packers win, the Steelers win, the Colts, Dolphins, Bengals should all win too just unsure about the spreads

I think it will be a low scoring game alright, just feel Arrowhead will help see them through it, they are very good on D themselves and Manning has looked like a guy who should retire since last season. I am going with them to make homefield advantage count.

You saw what the Chiefs did to the Pats last year when they weren't quite at it, even with a good D and I saw very little in week 1 to suggest the Broncos are going to be the force they were in the last couple of years, the D will keep them in games but I think they lose the clsoe ones this year more often then not.

Other then what I posted I don't see much more appealing this week, possibly the overs in the Pats/Bills game but will take a closer look at the weekend before deciding.

Yep you're absolutely right about the chiefs at home in primetime. Something doesn't sit right with me about Manning. He's getting killed in the media (and rightly so after week 1), but I just can't see him not being a small bit better than that. The Chiefs gave up almost 400 yards of Offence against the Texans last week but a lot of that was when they had a 2 TD lead. I think the key to this game is the Broncos rushing attack. If they can have success on the ground, that will open up a bit of play action for Manning. Should be an interesting contest.

I like the Giants -2 against the Falcons for a start. The Giants did have some opportune TDs against the Cowboys but they played a solid game and were in position to win it. Odell Beckham was nearly non existent and I think the offence will improve a lot this week. The Falcons were always going to get a performance on Monday against the NFL's most hyped team, at home, on Primetime with a new coach at the helm. I think they will have a bit of comedown this week and the G men will get it done.

I also like the Bengals -3 at home to the Chargers. Cincy don't get talked about a lot with Dalton at QB but they have a top 5 Offence up there and their Defence is par. The Chargers played excellent in the second half last week but I think Cincy might have too much for them. They match up well with them in my mind and I'll be taking the -3.

Last one that sticks out to me is the Steelers -5. They should have been closer to the Pats last week but they were wasteful from the 30 yard line inwards. Much like the Falcons, the 49rs were being wrote off by the media and got a big outing from their D in a primetime slot with a new head coach. Think the Steelers piece it together this week at the expense of the niners.

5 turnovers from the Chiefs, no need to say anymore.

+26.92

I am still pretty sweet on the other two and will throw in JaMarcus's biggest lean of the weekend Georgia Tech to cover v Notre Dame also to make another treble

Rams/Saints straight and Georgia on spread - 5pt stake

Begals/Steelers double - 5pt

Overs in Bills/Pats (44) - 5pts

Giants -2.5 5pt

Feckin Giants

Ok lets see, -5 from them, -5 from the treble

+6.06, +4.55 from the winning two.

So pretty much even.

Running total: +27.53

Talk about rotten luck! Late to the laptop, late to the game, late for the bet

Decker, who I think should have a good game tonight given the state of the Colts D was 11/1 for first Td, would have been a nice little boost :(

Still like the Colts to win though so might have a nibble in a bit

Colts are in trouble, well Pagano is in trouble if this season doesn't pick up soon. A poor off season is looking like its going to cost them.

Colts are in trouble, well Pagano is in trouble if this season doesn't pick up soon. A poor off season is looking like its going to cost them.

Their offensive line is really hurting them. They just can't give Luck enough time to find the open guys. I think they will bounce back this week at the Titans. Hoping for something around -3 but odds aren't finalised yet.

They have failed to address the issues on the roster for a couple of years now, no point giving Luck so many targets when there are so many deficiencies elsewhere that are costing them. Gonna be an interesting season for them

• Advertisement

Tonight, Giants (again) -3 @ 20/23 5pts

Larry Donnell over 34.5 yards receiving @5/6 2pts

Giants won easily, if sloppy, the skins woes in New York continue though they really only have themselves to blame +4.35

Feckin Donnell had a couple of very bad drops, one in particular in the first half and he finished on 32 yards frustratingly considering I felt he had some pretty good match ups, Eli did miss him a couple of times too.... -2pts

Running total: +29.88

Only getting around to some in depth reading for the games tomorrow now, one jumping out to me is the Vikings, its a low spread and assuming they stick with the week 2 game plan of give the ball to Peterson I can see them being comfortable enough there against that defense, you can also factor in the Norv (who has always been a good OC) factor wanting to get one over on his old team too.

Not as shiny as when I first looked at it, but still going to go with the Viking I feel, just not as big a bet

Bets will be made tonight I'd say so will post them up later

San Diego @ Minnesota (-2)

Taking the Vikings here to continue giving the ball to AP and letting him open up the defence for them, going with the improved secondary to give Rivers some problems also and siding with Norv to get one over on his former team.

5pt single @ 10/11

Going to have a bet on two underdogs also moneyline

I like the Cowboys to beat Atlanta, they are at home and Atlanta have looked a poor outfit so far, Cowboys are not without their share of issues of course but they have more experience in some key areas and I think that will see them through

5pts @ 21/20

The Bills go to Miami after their humbling at the hands of the Patriots at home and you can be sure they will be fired up for this one, Ryan is a good coach and Miami are still Miami, I think the Bills are the second best team in the AFC East and they will want to show that tonight.

3pts @ 27/20

Colts @ Titans (+3)

This is a no brainer for me as bad as the Colts have looked at times so far, taking Luck to put up some points tonight and don't expect the Titans to be able to live with it, I will start to get really worried for the Colts if they can't cover this spread, expect Luck to go for 300+ passing

Colts -3 @ 20/23 8pts

Thats all for right now though do have another couple I am considering, maybe a double.

A double I kind of fancy for small stakes

The Texans and the Cardinals, both -6.5 @ 10/11 each

3pts

Couple of things to take away from the opening games, the Colts are in trouble this year. Pretty frustrating to lose that one, and the Cowboys offense will be questioned, and Weedon obviously but they put up 28 points, I know they basically got flattened in the second half but the D was terrible, you have no chance when you give up 39 points at home, after the start they got they should have made the experience count there and they really let me down. I feel deflated after that tbh

Turns out my initial gut feeling on looking at the Vikings/Chargers game was accurate and I should have gone bigger on that but thems the breaks, the Cardinals and the Bills can save a bad night maybe.

A bet I did after kick off, away from the thread is still live too so not all bad but jesus I feel rough here

Clean sweep in the later games thankfully

Will tot up after the Broncos game as I have another interest in that with the aforementioned bet that was not included as I didnt have time to put it up

Screw that I'll be asleep by then :)

The double comes in at +7.93
    Vikings +4.55
    Cowboys -5
    Bills +4.05
    Colts -8

Colts wiped out pretty much any profit from the logs bets, I should trust my initial instinct more. Feel like I left money on the table with the Vikings and the Bills

The double came in handy enough, Texans were as miserly as expected but I wouldn't have minded it being put to bed a bit earlier, the Cardinals had a two TD headstart and never looked back so that was much easier

+3.53 for the night

Running total: +33.41

• Advertisement

Such a shame I didn't get this into the log as it would have been a great boost, still lovely to wake up to though :)

tHIF98w.png

Advertisement