Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strings introduction to macroeconomics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Waiting to see check on a couple of player injury status's when I get home to do a bet for tonight, I like the Packers to continue their impressive form at Lambeau, just a couple more things to read up on before placing a bet, I think the line is -6 at the mo, you can bank on the Chiefs being hungry and determined to put in a better performance then last week and I think the RT is out for Green BAy which would be a concern when looking at Houston :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Everything is telling me to take the Chiefs with the spread but I just can't bring myself to back against Rodgers at Lambeau to cover. The injuries are potentially damaging also and I just can't make a confident call here.

If pushed I would take the Packers to win SU but the Chiefs ATS.

No bet for me, just going to watch the game and enjoy!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Phew! Chiefs offense didn't show up at all, but credit to the Green Bay D. That is a perfect example of why even though everything points to it, I simply can't go against Rodgers at home :)

Early one for Sunday, price is too big to turn down unfortunately

United to beat Arsenal 14/5

5pt staked

Ravens @ Steelers (+3)

This is a pick em tbh, both teams are missing key personnel, it will come down to how well Vick can manage what I assume will be a pretty simplified and conservative game plan, they have Vick who is mobile, Bell who is the stud and a very good DeAngelo Williams as back up to be able to control the ball, the Baltimore D is not the same without Suggs and lacks a deep threat to threaten the Steelers secondary too much

The Steelers front 7 has been very good at getting pressure and I think they will give the Ravens some trouble, Steelers at home and with the game changer that is Antonio Brown on the team with a qb who has shown plenty in the past, if not a whole lot recently are my pick SU so won't be needing the points.

As I said, its a pick em in my eyes, and I may get burned here but I am trusting Haley to have a good game plan and Vick to execute it. The short week is the most troubling thing for me since it will have limited even further Vicks no1 reps.

Money where mouth is though

Steelers to win @5/4 5pts

• Advertisement

Something else that appeals is a double of the Steelers and the unders, think ill leave it as is though

Game panned out how I expected, a very tough loss. Josh Scobee is on my list. -5pts

Couple of thoughts

It is so frustrating to make a read on a match up, get it right and still get ****ed over by a bet!

I didn't watch it live as I didn't feel good in the third quarter and cashed my bet out just after the Steelers went 20-7 up, I went to bed so only caught up on the Scobee ****e now and it has sickened me this morning

The front 7 were able to bring pressure, 5 sacks, they also forced an INT and an excellent Fumble Recovery.

There is certainly encouragement to be taken for Steelers fans from the performance of Vick and a couple of others, but given the situation they will be in Vick is the main one and I gotta say, he looked good, rusty but certainly still has it in him. I said he would surprise a few and I think he has, that throw for Brown that he dropped in the endzone was inch perfect and should have been a TD, the offense were guilty of some poor play calling a couple of times and didn't capitalise on great field position.

But whatever, they got themselves in a position where they should have closed out that game, and then Josh Scobee happened, not one, but two missed FG to put the game to bed

He is on the list.

Unders came in also as was expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Game panned out how I expected, a very tough loss. Josh Scobee is on my list. -5pts

Couple of thoughts

It is so frustrating to make a read on a match up, get it right and still get ****ed over by a bet!

I didn't watch it live as I didn't feel good in the third quarter and cashed my bet out just after the Steelers went 20-7 up, I went to bed so only caught up on the Scobee ****e now and it has sickened me this morning

The front 7 were able to bring pressure, 5 sacks, they also forced an INT and an excellent Fumble Recovery.

There is certainly encouragement to be taken for Steelers fans from the performance of Vick and a couple of others, but given the situation they will be in Vick is the main one and I gotta say, he looked good, rusty but certainly still has it in him. I said he would surprise a few and I think he has, that throw for Brown that he dropped in the endzone was inch perfect and should have been a TD, the offense were guilty of some poor play calling a couple of times and didn't capitalise on great field position.

But whatever, they got themselves in a position where they should have closed out that game, and then Josh Scobee happened, not one, but two missed FG to put the game to bed

He is on the list.

Yeah I watched the match live and you could certainly feel aggrieved to not get the bet in. The fact that you cashed out in the 3rd quarter must mean you still got a decent amount back?

Vick has the tendency to regress after a good game but with 10 days between games he should be able to deliver next time out. Having Bell back is a massive boost.

Literally just after they scored to make it 20-7, before the kick off after it I cashed, I made profit yeah so all good in real life :) Very frustrating looking back though, I hope that Vick continues to play well, given more time getting the reps before the next game as I feel they will be slightly undervalued again due to the lack of Big Ben.

• Advertisement

Has Scobee been cut yet actually?

Early one for Sunday, price is too big to turn down unfortunately

United to beat Arsenal 14/5

5pt staked

I can't watch the game cause of work, but seeing the score I'm happy enough to call this one a loss :)

-5pts

Sorry Im late, in work an didnt get to put bets up yet, but I have a double a single and a treble that ill put up screens of later if needed

Panthers to cover 10pts
    Panthers and Bengals to cover 5pts
    Panther Colts and Bengals to cover 5pts

Panthers covered handy as did Bengals, I had missed the Luck injury which is stopping me having a clean sweep sadly :(

I know its not over, counting chickens is all.

Some totting up, with the inevitable Colts loss to come

United -5pts
    Panthers +8.70
    double +13.70

Just need confirmation of the Colts loss to finish

The Colts are truly my second most hated team in football. Id have preferred them to lose, shower of luck boxes.

-5pts on that

K I gotta go back and add/subtract :)

Ok so previous running total was +33.41

after the last few bets it is +45.81

Small bit of value in the Cowboys tonight, also think the overs will come in but no bet as of yet

Edit: Left it go in the end, my biggest lean was to Dallas SU but just watching the game instead, regardless of how this game turn out the Saints are a team in trouble and with or without Brees they will be bet against more often then not this season.

Thought I had put my bet up for this sorry, I had taken the Colts early due to the impression Luck would be playing. Thankfully I don't go big on the Colts anymore :) Expecting the Texans to have too much for them tonight

Colts +2 10/11 2pts

And there you have it folks, conclusive proof that regardless of who the Colts put out at QB1 they will win in the AFC South!

+1.82

No real time for a write up

Bengals and Cardinals double (spread) 5pts

Patriots and Bengals double (spread) 5pts

Patriots and Bengals both singly (spread) 10pts each

Might do an Eagles Giants double also

• Advertisement

Bengals hurting my log bets, but this has so far been one of my best days of gambling ever!

No real time for a write up

Bengals and Cardinals double (spread) 5pts

Patriots and Bengals double (spread) 5pts

Patriots and Bengals both singly (spread) 10pts each

Might do an Eagles Giants double also

Cards +4.17
    Patriots +4.55
    Bengals push
    Patriots +9.09

+17.81 from those ones

Gutted to have missed out on the -1 or the -2.5 even on the Bengals. Still, with how the game turned out I'll take the push I guess.

Running total +65.44

I'm on holiday at the moment but have some bets done for Sunday, will get them up when I get to a laptop!

No chance to write up

Pats -7 10pt
    Cards -3.5 5pt
    Bears +3 5pt

A moneyline treble of the Broncos, Bengals and Cardinals 3pt

A funny accum of the Saints (ML) the Broncos (ML) the Bengals (-3) Green Bay (-10.5) Bears (+3) and Cardinals (-3.5) 1pt

No chance to write up

Pats -7 10pt
    Cards -3.5 5pt
    Bears +3 5pt

A moneyline treble of the Broncos, Bengals and Cardinals 3pt

A funny accum of the Saints (ML) the Broncos (ML) the Bengals (-3) Green Bay (-10.5) Bears (+3) and Cardinals (-3.5) 1pt

Well what a disaster that was!!

To top it off, between travelling and passing out I didn't get a bet on the Eagles in the monday game so made nothing back from it :(

Eh, Pats push, Cards -5, Bears push, treble -3 and acca -1

-9pt

Total = +56.44

Liking the Giants at home, Cards to bounce back though Im holding off for the moment, I like the Jets with the spread and might have a pop at the Chargers on the spread also. Those are my strongest leans right now. Will more then likely forget the Jets/Pats game and just watch it though cause I find it hard to go against the Pats covering but there is so much in the Jets favour in terms of keeping it close.

The Panthers are another team I like this week actually, can't give the Eagles credit just yet, if the O doesnt show up they will get beat bad.

The line has shifted to -7.5 I see in the Pats game, makes it a bit more interesting to me in relation to taking the Pats, which I would much rather do!

My picks

Titans +6

Line is a little too big for me, if it were 3 I'd be on the other side

Panthers -3

Panthers are a good football team, Newton is playing great and though the Eagles D at least looked good the other night it is never easy playing consecutive road games, and especially not when the second is at the home of a very good football team

I'm taking the Cardinals -8 though its slightly on the high side for me

I fancy them to bounce back strong this week and that Ravens secondary could be badly exposed by Palmer

Chargers -3.5

Ok, they can't stop the run, but Rivers is on fire and though the Raiders will be well rested I just back Rivers to get it done at home

Colts -4.5

The Saints still suck balls for my money and even though I took them to beat the Falcons at home (they always do!) I think a healthier Luck may have a big day tomorrow. Course its the Colts and they often **** me over so..................

I am still weighing up whether to have a bet on the Pats/Jets contest. Game of the week for me obviously as a Pats fan and the crucial match up for me is whether the Pats can find a way to contain Marshall.

I find it hard to go against the Pats, particularly at home against the Jets but they do have a good chance of keeping it close I think.

5pt singles on all the above and am weighing up a double of the Chargers and Panthers.

The Colts have reached a special place for me this year, now regardless of who they are playing I simply cannot put money on them. Incredibly bad.

Didnt get to watch the games but from looking at my bet account I have 2 wins and 1 loss so far (MIA and TEN) and (IND)

Will be home in time to see the later games thankfully

• Advertisement

What looks to have been a disaster of a first half did for the Chargers, put up 23 unanswered points in the 4th quarter and still lost!

Advertisement