Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rainfall alert: Fri 11th - Mon 14th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Very heavy rain in Cork. Wasn't expecting it to be this bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

doesnt look like kerry are going to win all ireland.

theyll all have drowned by next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

pauldry wrote: »
    doesnt look like kerry are going to win all ireland.

theyll all have drowned by next week

If only! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Watching the radar overnight, persistent heavy rain in an area bounded by Killarney, Macroom, Bantry and Kenmare. Would appear to be at least 50 mm. Expect some flooding issues to develop from any rivers that rise in that area.

Rain should ease off somewhat in Kerry, Clare and Connacht, but will begin to spread east and cover most of Munster, south Leinster with 20-40 mm rainfalls during the day.

Not a drop here yet but there appears to be something approaching from the southeast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

We've had hardly any rain at all this weekend in north meath, we had some drizzle for a while friday evening, then an hour of heavy enough rain friday night but nothing since, saturday and sunday were dry and long may it last.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

52mm here near Tralee so far for event ( since midnight Sat. ) 22mm since midnight

Light rain atm

9.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

Watching the radar overnight, persistent heavy rain in an area bounded by Killarney, Macroom, Bantry and Kenmare. Would appear to be at least 50 mm. Expect some flooding issues to develop from any rivers that rise in that area.

Rain should ease off somewhat in Kerry, Clare and Connacht, but will begin to spread east and cover most of Munster, south Leinster with 20-40 mm rainfalls during the day.

I can see the river in Macroom about to burst if this rain keeps up! It burst in the town park on Friday but I think yesterday & overnight the rain was worse than Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

No unusual rain here in Longford. Just 2.3mm yesterday.
    Unfortunately when I went to get a chart for the few days I noticed it didn't match what I saw.
    Sure enough there was a dead fly blocking the hole and a spider nesting under the rocker of my rain gauge. (Maybe animals can affect the reported weather after all!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Very wet here. Scientifically speaking penguins are moving in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Oh well, so much for the "Indian Summer" :rolleyes:
    Only 14th September, this is going to be a long winter if this is anything to go by.
    We got about a week of dry weather. Still places where crops have yet to be harvested.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

No rain in east Cavan sun shining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

The wheelbarrow that i left out is now overflowing, not sure what that equates to in mm but its a fair amount of rain. 4 miles from the coast in north Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Around 128mm of rain since Friday here in west Connemara. Roads around Clifden and Cleggan closed due to flooding and landslides. Thankfully rainfall slowing down

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

11mm here in Waterford City since midnight but quiet a lot of surface water and signs of drains overflowing. Flooding may be an issue later

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

thecivvie wrote: »
    Around 128mm of rain since Friday here in west Connemara. Roads around Clifden and Cleggan closed due to flooding and landslides. Thankfully rainfall slowing down
    Just 59.0mm recorded since Friday in Galway city - a big difference between here and coastal Connemara!

Lumi wrote: »
    Just 59.0mm recorded since Friday in Galway city - a big difference between here and coastal Connemara!

I kept checking your data as I thought it would be worse but I haven't seen rain like this in years. Road outside the house which is on a hill was like a river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

thecivvie wrote: »
    I kept checking your data as I thought it would be worse but I haven't seen rain like this in years. Road outside the house which is on a hill was like a river

I was driving towards Maam on Friday evening and the runoff on the hills was a spectacular sight - I'm not surprised there have been landslides etc. Connemara took quite a hammering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

im gonna have to go up the mountains now and check this out

Lumi wrote: »
    I was driving towards Maam on Friday evening and the runoff on the hills was a spectacular sight - I'm not surprised there have been landslides etc. Connemara took quite a hammering!!

There has been a couple out towards Cleggan and also on the Sky Road. There could be more but the roads are largely still
    Impassable

• Advertisement

Another Yellow alert just issued for Munster and Galway for Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Fairly weird weather here the last hour. Short, sharp bursts of torrential rain with huge drops that stop again a few seconds later. Could actually hear the rain falling in the distance before it hit each time. Sky also looks very thundery but alas, no thunder. :o

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy to Moderate rain here now with 20.8mm recorded since Midnight. Temp a cool 10.4c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

119.2mm so far in mace head connemara since sept 1 however only 3mm of that was before 11th September.

Hardly anything here, wispy drizzle since morning but total only 0.8mm; was very dull, now cloudy but brighter - much less humid as earlier calm being replaced by a NE breeze.

13.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Heavy prolonged downpour here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

And biblical again, rumble close by too.

Hey, who deleted my post? Some cheek

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Hey, who deleted my post? Some cheek

?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    ?

I posted a report and it was deleted. Unbelievable carry on.

New Moon

Advertisement