Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/sleeping-style-electric-picnic

So did anybody actually see these things or was nobody willing to stay in them??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

lbj666 wrote: »
    So you were already sick coming to the picnic, i am blaming you then for spreading it

I am patient zero.

But seriously, thought I was out of the woods and felt top notch Friday and most of Saturday! And then it snuck up on me...

"If you have been to the festival three times or more a ticket will cost €160, if you've been once or twice a ticket will cost €180 and if you haven't been before it will cost €200."

Ooh price hike :P

and €70 for a campervan ticket :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

bc dub wrote: »
    I'm ready to be a semi-functioning member of society again...so here's my mini review.

Great. Can't decipher if EP is great or I'm just over-awed by festivals in general and the three days of signing off from the real world. Friday and Saturday were great craic. From the crowd to the music to the festival itself. Didn't see any trouble, didn't experience any negativity. Yes, the increase in crowds was noticeable, but that pales in comparison to the increase noticed on the Sunday.

Sunday was just a mess. Way too many day-tickets came in for my liking. I'd prefer 3 days or nothing so at least you're used to the crowd by the Sunday, instead of taken aback by the increase.

The festival is probably one of the most corporate events I've ever been to. The e-lites section? What's that all about? Go away. Body and Soul, Trailer Park and or Salty dog etc are what makes the weekend for me more so than any acts. One of the highlights of my weekend was chilling out by the camp-fire at about 4am Saturday night, with a load of buzzers I've never met before and probably never will again. THAT is the essence of EP imo.

I think this will be my last year slumming it in Hendrix. Its grand Friday, a little less so Saturday, even more so Sunday...to the point when you awake on Monday, you can't get out of there quick enough. Hard to deal with this emotional turmoil when you're coming down off a 3 day bender as well.

A lot less sunday tickets were put on sale than in recent years, i mean the sunday tickets sold out really quickly before xmas last year ( i mean who in their right mind knows at that stage they'll only make the sunday)

I reckon the increase in crowds on sunday was also to do with fact people learn their lesson from drinking in the campsite all day saturday and try and make the most of whats left of the festival on sunday. Sitting in the campsite drinking cans always feels far less appealling sunday than on saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Anyone receive a code from Ticketmaster yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Anyone else proper sick , as oppposed to the usual EP comedown frazzledness.

I bypassed post EP blues/tiredness and went straight into full on flu/cold on monday night only back to work today and think i should have given it a miss.

I'm only beginning to feel normal today (hence turn on the computer).
    Been dying for the last 3 days but the same thing happened to me the past 2 picnics (yeah, you'd think I'd learn eh :o)

Anyway, in summary:

Best act:
    Jon Hopkins - unreal.

Biggest let down
    Paul Kalkbrenner - suppose compared to Hopkins he was always going to be a let down. His tracks were dragged out, not enough mixing.

The biggest joke of the weekend
    The price at the bars and the pathetic 20cent charge per cup - OK I knew it was going to be expensive but slapping 20c on was just gouging because everyone knows only kids will bother collecting the pint cups and return them.
    I didn't drink much at the bar obviously, my hip flask came in handy.

Biggest Improvement
    The entrance to the arena from the Pink Moon campsite - ideal. Makes me ask why didn't they do this sooner. Now of course they just need to keep the entrance/exit open all night and not close it at midnight..another dumb move.

The Food
    Again the grub was excellent and I felt you got value for money.

Overall I had a great picnic, the increase in capacity is beginning to show big time, especially on Sunday evening, the crowd outside the Rankin stage was just massive.

Sound quality at all the acts I attended was excellent.
    And finally the weather, how blessed were we :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mimimcmc wrote: »
    "If you have been to the festival three times or more a ticket will cost €160, if you've been once or twice a ticket will cost €180 and if you haven't been before it will cost €200."

Ooh price hike :P

Where did you see this?

Where do we get the loyalty codes? Do we have to email someone in electric picnic again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Biggest let down
    Paul Kalkbrenner - suppose compared to Hopkins he was always going to be a let down. His tracks were dragged out, not enough mixing.

I thought he was class. Who cares about mixing, the tracks were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Synode wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

Where do we get the loyalty codes? Do we have to email someone in electric picnic again?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/tickets

All info is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

sadie06 wrote: »
    Anyone receive a code from Ticketmaster yet?

Not yet, last year I got my email less than an hour before they were due on sale so hopefully they'll start filtering out this evening/early tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Can't believe this thread is such a merry-go-round. Some people haven't even surfaced yet, and here we are talking about loyalty codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

sadie06 wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread is such a merry-go-round. Some people haven't even surfaced ye, and here we are talking about loyalty codes!

Lineup is a fûcking joke, surely we are due another announcement?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Synode wrote: »
    I thought he was class. Who cares about mixing, the tracks were brilliant

a lot of the tracks were old and I was hoping he could have thrown a lot of newer stuff into a 90 minute set. If you've ever seen Berlin Calling you'll know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Still not come to terms with the fact that it's over. Still suffering the dreaded post festival blues. Agree with everything said about drink prices, security and the fact that Hendrix is a kip but it did not detract from a monumental weekend. Ticket for next year is being purchased ASAP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Before my memories have faded completely: this was my third Picnic and enjoyed this year just as much as the other two. Pretty much got to see all the sets I had earmarked beforehand and the only drawback as a result was less discovering new acts.

My highlights of the weekend were Django Django (so dancing, much fun), The War on Drugs (huge stage presence and big sounds), catching Little Green Cars at the Soundings podcast recording in Mindfield and Deirdre O'Kane in the comedy tent. The food was as good as any other year, Kinara Kitchen up to their usual standard, a very nice falafel wrap from the very nice girl at the stand next to Just Eat and a green chicken curry from Kanum on Sunday night which had serious warming/restorative properties.

I mainly entered the arena at the Salty Dog entrance and didn't find the queues too bad at any stage, was never waiting more than 5 minutes. There did seem to be a fair variation in the degree of searching, from cursory glance to full pat down and emptying of pockets. Had a funny moment when the security guy felt something in the small internal pocket of my jeans, asked what it was, I reached in to discover...an old Roses sweet wrapper :o

Already looking forward to next year. For years I never went to EP because I'm not a great music lover and there was never enough big names in the line up to make me want to go but have definitely come to the conclusion that the amount of fun you have there has very little to do with who's headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dates next year 2nd, 3rd & 4th according newstalk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A bunch of videos and memories.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Fago123 wrote: »
    Not yet, last year I got my email less than an hour before they were due on sale so hopefully they'll start filtering out this evening/early tomorrow

Got my code this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kalkbrenner should have been doing the Rave in the Woods, this is exactly what it was missing this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Ref. security into arena, I was in and out all weekend never queued more than 6 minutes!!
    Sure it was annoying during quiet times they went right into pockets and wallet etc. (not sure exactly what they were looking for??) but hey if anyone is stupid enough to have pills or whatever in their pockets/wallet they might just deserve to get kicked out!!
    When the queues backed up too much I noticed a message would go to the "searchers" and things would speed up dramatically barely searching!

Have a look at the attached photo, the guy with the can under his hat actually got past the security guard in his row, only getting caught by a guard way to the right!! ;) quite a funny moment!!

Lost and found opens Tuesday, I'm expecting to see Mince Pie as one of the lost items!! ;)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lose-something-electric-picnic-last-weekend-back-150116953.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone else proper sick , as oppposed to the usual EP comedown frazzledness.

I bypassed post EP blues/tiredness and went straight into full on flu/cold on monday night only back to work today and think i should have given it a miss.

My fella was sick last week. Proper flu. Its doing the rounds. I definitely would have come down too if given half the chance. Thats the problem with ep you'd always be run down after. And i am normally mad busy in work early september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Just about returning to normal after the weekend. Third time at ep and have to say it didn't disappoint. The weather def played a major part despite being baltic on Saturday night but lots of layers helped with that. Stayed in a bellepod this year which was in the pink moon area. Have nothing but good things to say about our tent and the area/facilities! The only downer being the arrogant security guys! Especially the male working on the Saturday night ... Complete anti Irish and anti women! Won't go in to detail as I have an official complaint lodged!
    Apart from that great weekend with great company and made lots of new friends!
    Noticed the extra capacity and those arse showing denim shorts but managed to avoid them most places and acts we went to see.
    Walked through Hendrix at one stage and have to say I will never return... It looked like a shanty town! Roll on ep 2016! Time to start a new thread?? Lol

It must have been since I've been depressed all week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ah you're far too kind, Pablo! thank you :)

Am on a major post picnic downer still. I want to go back :( will definitely be going again next year.

I'm still wrecked - and stupid as a consequence. Yesterday I told a colleague that I was genuinely concerned I was a Necrophiliac. It only occurred to me - hours later, on the drive home that what I actually MEANT to say was that I was worried I was Narcoleptic.
    For those of you who may not be aware of the difference - instead of telling him that I thought I had a condition where I could continuously fall asleep at any given moment because I am sooo tired (drama queen), I told a 50-something year old man who I barely know that I have an erotic attraction to corpses.

I dont btw.

I should have booked a few extra days off.

Anyway - a girl here posted a pic of her purple hat and goggles a while back. Did I see you at Al Porter? he got you to lead the applause? I was very tempted to go say hi but was pushed back by the crowd jumping in for 'communion' and I wasnt sure enough it was you..

Am realising how rubbish Oscar Wilde must have been now compared to some of the camping stories re other sites over the past few days. I'm quite easy going but will admit it did make me feel a little nervous at times - I'd still do it again though. In saying that, I DO think Wilde slightly put my OH off (was his first picnic..)

Yes! That was me and i think I was a bit drunkish. Lol

Had a great time, not as good as last year, think the weather got me down a bit cos I was fecking freezing.

Loved Yasiin Bey and Girl Band (so good I saw them twice). Highlights of the weekend for me.

Sorry didn't make the meet, took a lot longer to get in than expected and by the time we got tent sorted it was too late even to make BBB.

Camped at Charlie Chaplin and deffo camp there next year. Was horrible walking through Oscar Wilde and the squalor compared to Charlie. Hardly any difference in the time to the arena as well. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Roll on ep 2016! Time to start a new ?? Lol

The EP 2016 thread is already up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Lost and found opens Tuesday, I'm expecting to see Mince Pie as one of the lost items!! ;)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lose-something-electric-picnic-last-weekend-back-150116953.html

Whaddya mean Froggy??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Libadour wrote: »
    Still not come to terms with the fact that it's over. Still suffering the dreaded post festival blues

I call them Festiblues

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Whaddya mean Froggy??? :D

Phew you're still alive! Was getting worried there!

Advertisement