Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Did anyone on here go to Viet Cong? Missed them due to the Interpol clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Irish_rat wrote: »

Yeah, left Interpol because of the shocking sound and headed to see these guys. Liked them!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

They were very good. The drummer moshed with us at Metz straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

sadie06 wrote: »

The song of the festival for me was The War on Drugs: Red Eyes. I was completely swept away.

Over and out...

Agree with this 100%.
    It was magical stuff.
    A real 'close the eyes and let yourself go' moment.
    Definitely the best gig I've seen in all my EPs

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Yeah, that run of Viet Cong/Metz was exactly what this cat was after. Was intending staying for Girl Band but headed to Kalkbrenner instead.

• Advertisement

Yeah Viet Cong and Metz were a good start to Sunday evening.
    No messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Back at work today after badly needing the few days off after EP. Does anyone have any special remedies to help sort my head out??? lol.

Had an amazing time at EP. We stayed in Pink Moon in the rainbow tipi's and it was well worth the extra few bob. If i go next year i will def stay there.
    Highlights of the weekend for me were, Jurassic 5, Jack Garett, Le Galaxie, Tame Impala, Riptide Movement, Paul Kalkbrenner, Body and Soul arena, Trailer Park, Formiddable Vegetable Sound System, Despacio and Hot Chip.

I got in a bit of a state friday night so have no recollection of Underworld (oops). I thought Blur and George Ezra were terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Those rainbow tipis were the dogs bollocks, even if I'm on me own next year, I'd consider getting one

Those rainbow tipis were the dogs bollocs, even if I'm on me own next year, I'd consider getting one

Yeah deffo. We were so lucky we were right down near the loo's and showers so didn't have to walk too far to anything, was great.

The Cracked Pepper place was class too i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

I was at the boards meet-up and I only met canneverfindit, who is an absolute sweetheart btw. Sorry that we lost you in BBB canneverfindit.

Ah you're far too kind, Pablo! thank you :)

Am on a major post picnic downer still. I want to go back :( will definitely be going again next year.

I'm still wrecked - and stupid as a consequence. Yesterday I told a colleague that I was genuinely concerned I was a Necrophiliac. It only occurred to me - hours later, on the drive home that what I actually MEANT to say was that I was worried I was Narcoleptic.
    For those of you who may not be aware of the difference - instead of telling him that I thought I had a condition where I could continuously fall asleep at any given moment because I am sooo tired (drama queen), I told a 50-something year old man who I barely know that I have an erotic attraction to corpses.

I dont btw.

I should have booked a few extra days off.

Anyway - a girl here posted a pic of her purple hat and goggles a while back. Did I see you at Al Porter? he got you to lead the applause? I was very tempted to go say hi but was pushed back by the crowd jumping in for 'communion' and I wasnt sure enough it was you..

Am realising how rubbish Oscar Wilde must have been now compared to some of the camping stories re other sites over the past few days. I'm quite easy going but will admit it did make me feel a little nervous at times - I'd still do it again though. In saying that, I DO think Wilde slightly put my OH off (was his first picnic..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah deffo. We were so lucky we were right down near the loo's and showers so didn't have to walk too far to anything, was great.

The Cracked Pepper place was class too i thought.

how much was it to stay in them ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

How bad was the trouble at it this year?

jobless wrote: »
    how much was it to stay in them ?

All different prices depending on the size of your tent. Think the cheapest (2 man tent) was around 170? Ours was slightly bigger (Rainbow tipi 2 man) and was 240euro but it was great. Then you had 4 man tents, 6-8 and so on. You had fancier bell tents and then the Pod pads etc.

Have a look on the Pink Moon website. You could even pay a deposit and then then pay balance 4 weeks before then. It was great. Well worth it.

andreac wrote: »
    All different prices depending on the size of your tent. Think the cheapest (2 man tent) was around 170? Ours was slightly bigger (Rainbow tipi 2 man) and was 240euro but it was great. Then you had 4 man tents, 6-8 and so on. You had fancier bell tents and then the Pod pads etc.

Have a look on the Pink Moon website. You could even pay a deposit and then then pay balance 4 weeks before then. It was great. Well worth it.

cool will check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anyone else proper sick , as oppposed to the usual EP comedown frazzledness.

I bypassed post EP blues/tiredness and went straight into full on flu/cold on monday night only back to work today and think i should have given it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

I had recovered nicely, but I went for pints last night and now I'm back to square one again!

lbj666 wrote: »

I bypassed post EP blues/tiredness and went straight into full on flu/cold on monday night only back to work today and think i should have given it a miss.

Im back to work today and could have done with another day or two off. My head just feels bleugh. Hopefully that will ease in a day or so. My body just cant handle the madness anymore i dont think. I very rarely drink or party hard and i think my poor body is in shock at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dyyyyyyying sick in work.

Was back in on Tuesday and was a bit tired but by yesterday evening I was ready to hit the floor. In bits today but so is half the office so I think it may be a cold/flu rather than post-EP sickness!!

i didnt drink on Sunday and i think that saved me a world or pain, have had vitamins and a berocca everyday to try stave off colds/flus :) plus a huge amount of water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

jobless wrote: »
    i didnt drink on Sunday and i think that saved me a world or pain, have had vitamins and a berocca everyday to try stave off colds/flus :) plus a huge amount of water

And where was your advice Sunday when the rest of us needed it?! :mad:

:P

I do it every time. I actually tend to take it easy on the Saturday for some reason. If I just reversed my days I'd be laughing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Same as - my wife is calling me the walking dead and work conference calls are tough with a gravel voice. Still recovering but so worth the pain cause I had an absolute belter of a weekend. :)

Kudos to all the music recommendations on this thread, my mates are wondering how a man celebrating his 40th with three kids is so "on point", the highlight being parading a gang of them from despacio to jon hopkins to ensure a good place at the front - some love was shown by the end of the set, great stuff.

First time at the picnic (and probably my last unless the stars align) but it all came together perfectly so it made for some good memories that will never be spoiled.

Back to life - back to reality :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yesterday I told a colleague that I was genuinely concerned I was a Necrophiliac. It only occurred to me - hours later, on the drive home that what I actually MEANT to say was that I was worried I was Narcoleptic.

:D:D:D

Well that's the funniest thing I'm going to read today.

And where was your advice Sunday when the rest of us needed it?! :mad:

:P

I do it every time. I actually tend to take it easy on the Saturday for some reason. If I just reversed my days I'd be laughing!

haha, i didnt have a choice really we had to drive home sunday night and i got the short straw :) ... plus i'm too old and lite weight to do it for 3 nights :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Yup. Coughing up several formats of multicoloured lung goblins at the moment.

Head feels borked too, lemsip max diet at the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Yeh I had the feelings of a cold coming on last week, thought I was in the clear but then Saturday evening started getting a headache, blocked nose etc and woke up Sunday morning coughing up stuff and with a delightful fever! I hadn't planned on drinking on the Sunday anyway. Still managed to enjoy the day and see who I wanted to while wrapped up in about four layers and slightly delirious.

The only consolation is I haven't been able to distinguish between post-EP blues and viral symptoms for the last few days!

Yep I got up in the middle of the night Monday/Tuesday with a chest cold and tonsillitis that I'm still trying to shift.
    Not the worst thing ever but still a real nuisance and enough for everyone in work to tut-tut at what I must have been up to :rolleyes:

On reading a few other replies it seems that plenty of people have fairly similar symptoms so I think our illnesses this time are not self-inflicted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

On reading a few other replies it seems that plenty of people have fairly similar symptoms so I think our illnesses this time are not self-inflicted!

Yeah. Let's go with that story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

penguin88 wrote: »
    Yeh I had the feelings of a cold coming on last week, thought I was in the clear but then Saturday evening started getting a headache, blocked nose etc and woke up Sunday morning coughing up stuff and with a delightful fever! I hadn't planned on drinking on the Sunday anyway. Still managed to enjoy the day and see who I wanted to while wrapped up in about four layers and slightly delirious.

The only consolation is I haven't been able to distinguish between post-EP blues and viral symptoms for the last few days!

So you were already sick coming to the picnic, i am blaming you then for spreading it

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

declanleo wrote: »
    I can't really say why that magical feeling deserted us. The crowds didn't bother us too much as we would never be down in the mix for headline acts and regularly retreat to Mindfield and B&S for rest breaks etc. We just didn't have as many fun, random encounters with people, but that just may have been our particular journey this year.

We still had a wonderful time and will probably go back.

Highlights: Grace Jones unexpectedly blew my mind, and it was absolutely hilarious to see how horrified my 11 year old was by her boobies! Give him 2 years! The sound for her set was the best I heard all weekend.
    Loved Villagers (I cried at one point, as did others around me) Hot Chip, Ride, Django Django and Blur, an intimate set by a dying-of-the-flu Neil Hannon in My Lovely Ranch and a comedy set we happened upon in Mindfield by Kevin McGahren on Sunday which was the funniest thing I have seen in years. Kwabs also was fantastic, though we had to leave his set for Hot Chip. Loved his brand of moody, edgy pop, and he has a beautiful voice.

The song of the festival for me was The War on Drugs: Red Eyes. I was completely swept away.

I really enjoyed Patrick Freyne's overview of things in The Ticket and his review of 2 Unlimited was hilarious.

Lowlights: Family camping was nowhere near as secure this year. Every other year we swayed between irritation and admiration for the amount we had to show our wristbands. Every single yellow vest looked at them, even if you had just walked 5 ft ahead of the last guy who looked at them. It was so lax this year...particularly the woman at the entrance to Soul Kids who did f*ck all as far as I can see. Security told us three tents were cleared out on Friday evening in Family camping 1....I have never heard of this before.

George Ezra...what an unbelievably boring performer. Thought he would be the highlight for my daughter, but even she had to concede that he was boring!

B&S. It feels a bit tired to me....much preferred Trailer Park & Mindfield this year.

E Lites....just go away please.

Sorry I never made it to the meet up. Sent Pablo a PM but just to say it here also..his App was feckin' brilliant!

Over and out...

Agree with a lot of this
    Good but not great would be my headline.
    Unlike Pablo's app which was awesome, the handiest thing click on a tent and the now/next display was just awesome I deleted the official app after about 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'm ready to be a semi-functioning member of society again...so here's my mini review.

Great. Can't decipher if EP is great or I'm just over-awed by festivals in general and the three days of signing off from the real world. Friday and Saturday were great craic. From the crowd to the music to the festival itself. Didn't see any trouble, didn't experience any negativity. Yes, the increase in crowds was noticeable, but that pales in comparison to the increase noticed on the Sunday.

Sunday was just a mess. Way too many day-tickets came in for my liking. I'd prefer 3 days or nothing so at least you're used to the crowd by the Sunday, instead of taken aback by the increase.

The festival is probably one of the most corporate events I've ever been to. The e-lites section? What's that all about? Go away. Body and Soul, Trailer Park and or Salty dog etc are what makes the weekend for me more so than any acts. One of the highlights of my weekend was chilling out by the camp-fire at about 4am Saturday night, with a load of buzzers I've never met before and probably never will again. THAT is the essence of EP imo.

I think this will be my last year slumming it in Hendrix. Its grand Friday, a little less so Saturday, even more so Sunday...to the point when you awake on Monday, you can't get out of there quick enough. Hard to deal with this emotional turmoil when you're coming down off a 3 day bender as well.

Advertisement