Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Ownership transferred to Adrian now.

Thanks for taking over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, I've removed users who are not coming back or who were promoted or relegated.

I've sent PM's to those who are promoted or relegated into Division 1.

Let me know if you have not received an PM but you should be in Division 1.

I am using the list here as my basis for who is in division 1.

Once we get everyone in the league I will setup a poll for the draft date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just waiting on one more to join up.

What are your thoughts on the draft?

The season starts on September 10th.

I was going to propose the dates 7th to the 9th Sept, with a time slot of either 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm each night and whichever gets the most votes is what we would go with.

Is this ok or would people prefer to have the previous week or the weekend included in the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

From experience weekends are generally a no-go for drafts, v. difficult to find a time that suits everyone then.

Also, I wouldn't say it's worth including a whole week or more, maybe limit it to four or five days? One thing is for sure, with 16 players it is almost impossible to find a time that will suit everyone.

Maybe Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before the season starts?

Yeah agree it won't suit everyone, we'll just have to go with the majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

adrian522 wrote: »
    Maybe Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before the season starts?

Yeah agree it won't suit everyone, we'll just have to go with the majority.

Sorry, when I said "weekends" I should have said Friday and Saturday evenings. Sundays often can suit people, I think.

But yeah, what you suggested seems good to me. My point above was more that expanding the number of days available as a choice in the poll won't necessarily make it easier to find an agreed time. Pretty much everyone has other drafts at this time of the year so it's just a question of suiting the majority.

Yeah, I'll set a poll up once everyone has joined, hopefully we can get a time that suits most people anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey Adrian, I got no PM to re-join.

EDIT: I logged in and seem to be all set :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Just waiting on one more to join up.

What are your thoughts on the draft?

The season starts on September 10th.

I was going to propose the dates 7th to the 9th Sept, with a time slot of either 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm each night and whichever gets the most votes is what we would go with.

Is this ok or would people prefer to have the previous week or the weekend included in the poll?

Sorry that would have been me. All joined up now.

Any of those dates would suit me. Anything after Sept 2nd really. I think the Friday and Saturday usually score quite low. Sunday would be a popular enough one. So perhaps from the Sunday to the Wednesday.

Hi lads, I've added a poll to decide on the draft:

http://doodle.com/mubc6bed5zafnu42

Can you fill it in when you get a chance?

Options are for "Yes", "No" and "If Needs be"

"If Needs be" should be a time that you can make if necessary but not your preferred time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I am using the list here as my basis for who is in division 1.

Once we get everyone in the league I will setup a poll for the draft date.

Uhhh...why am I not listed anywhere on this?

Hang on a second have I been kicked from the league because I didn't post in that other thread???? :eek:

Orizio wrote: »
    Hang on a second have I been kicked from the league because I didn't post in that other thread???? :eek:

If you haven't posted in the main thread you won't still be in this division but can still join up in Division 7 (I think)

If you haven't posted in the main thread you won't still be in this division but can still join up in Division 7 (I think)

Uhhh it wasn't like that the years before. :(

Guess I'm gone, enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Orizio wrote: »
    Uhhh it wasn't like that the years before. :(

Guess I'm gone, enjoy lads.

Its always been like this.

Its always been like this.

Maybe, but I got PMs before to notify me.

Anyway chill, not having a go.

2 people still to vote but at present it's looking good for Wednesday September 9th (Day before the season starts).

http://doodle.com/mubc6bed5zafnu42#table

Looking like the draft will be on Wednesday 9th September at 10pm

One more still to vote but won't change the result.

Just to note I've set the schedule manually as per instructions from Spongey and also changed the roster to have 2RB/2WR/1TE/1 Flex (WR/RB/TE).

Just to note I've set the schedule manually as per instructions from Spongey and also changed the roster to have 2RB/2WR/1TE/1 Flex (WR/RB/TE).

Changed the roster setup back to 3WR/2RB/1TE as we are sticking with this format for this season.

The draft is set for Wednesday night at 10pm.

• Advertisement

Think I will be able to be there for 10.
    But my autodraft rankings are all set.

I have a question...I did a mock draft, but didnt get to see the results. Before the draft started however, I didnt see the option to load my list of players and not just take the NFL.com settings.

Would the mock have used my settings?
    Similarly, the ACTUAL draft should take my settings, right? Even if the mock doesn't...

I'm not sure how the auto pick works but the pre draft rankings are specific to the league you are in so won't carry over to a mock that you are doing.

I'm not sure how the auto pick works but the pre draft rankings are specific to the league you are in so won't carry over to a mock that you are doing.

Thanks Adrian!
    That's interesting, cus in other apps I'd always play aorund with my autodraft ramkings and run them in mock drafts to see who I might get.
    All it is a dropdown to select "use yours" or "use mine"
    NFL mssing a trick here.

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just having a moan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lucked out and I'll be able to do the draft live tonight.

Well it is what it is...

Drafted Bell in round 1, then Gore and later gurley.

I'll struggle to find 2 starting RB's for weeks 1 and 2. Happy enough overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Had a nightmare drafting.
    On at least six or seven occasions, the player I had my eye on was selected, either one or two picks ahead of me. A very infuriating draft experience.
    As a result not entirely happy with my team but as you said, "it is what it is".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry lads something came up and I couldn't live draft even after I said I would. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My last three picks (K, DEF & McCown) were done by auto-draft.

361794.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Good to see that we had so many at the draft - think only one team really on autodraft. Think we could do with reducing the pick time to 60 seconds next season, it seemed to drag massively between rounds 5-10.

Happy enough with my draft - just need Teddy to make that massive step forward this year.

QB: Teddy Bridgewater
    QB: Andy Dalton

RB: CJ Anderson
    RB: Mark Ingram
    RB: Ameer Abdullah
    RB: Theo Riddick

WR: Emmanuel Sanders
    WR: Sammy Watkins
    WR: Eric Decker
    WR: Brian Quick

TE: Kyle Rudoplh
    TE: Heath Miller

K: Mason Crosby

Def: Rams

• Advertisement

Agree 60 seconds should be loads if you have your ranks done before hand.

Anyway my draft went as follows:

QB Eli Manning
    HB Le'eon Bell, Frank Gore, Todd Gurley, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-PAyne
    WR Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, DeVante Parker, Percy Harvin, Eddie Royal,
    TE: Delanie Walker
    DST: Detroit Lions
    K: Brandon McManaus

Not real happy, could work out ok but while Bell is suspended I'm a bit screwed for a RB. WR Corp is weak and exposed at QB and TE with no backups. Long season ahead I think.

Advertisement