Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm good most nights from 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Monday September 5th after 8pm would suit me best as it's Labor day here in the US and I'll be off. But I suppose any day after that can work once known a few days in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'm good any week day from 8pm to 11pm

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

I can't do Monday the 5th, I can do any other evening apart from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

any night about 9 suits me, but ill go with the majority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

We have 8 responses so far around a potential draft day/time (See below) .... I'll give it another week before we make the final decision.

adrian beatersons (El Horseboxo) - Labor Day Mon 5th Sep suits, but any day will work with a couple of days notice
    the nastys (Pat the Patriot) - Can't do Tues 6th Sep, but free from 8-10pm on Mon 5th, Wed 7th & Thurs 8th
    mightypigs (Masked Man)
    blu york giants (Blured)
    warrior's warriors (TaosHum) - Any weekday from 8-11pm
    Donotar dare devils (smackbunnybaby)
    For whom Odell Tolls (wawaman) - Any night about 9pm
    The Godfavre (swoody)
    Witty Tanks (Hairy Nipples 87)
    Walnut Wanderers (Benimar) - Most nights from 9pm
    Cork eagles (Itssoeasy)
    muppeteers (Icepickle)
    Believe in Eli (HigginsJ) - Any weekday from 8-11pm
    Moyross Piebalds (Benny Cake)
    Lambmuncher4 (Hanners) - Any night that week
    Longford Patriots (niall1811) - Can't do Mon 5th Sep, any other evening is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Any night that week suits me (lambmuncher)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

As most are saying any evening.

Would it be better to through up a poll on a site like doodle (http://doodle.com/)

Just ask everyone to only make 2 selections. Some said they can't do before 9PM. So maybe only give the choice of 9 as i imagine 10 might be a bit late on Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I think the doodle is a good idea. Any night about 9pm Is good for me.

please vote for whatever day/times suit you best
    http://doodle.com/poll/w3q4tecxh2thz74x

• Advertisement

The league schedule has now been updated. The draft day/time poll is up & running & it will remain so until Fri 2nd Sep.

So it's looking like Thurs 8th Sep @ 9pm for our draft with the 1st game of the 2016/17 season kicking off later that night in Denver. 11 people have responded to the poll & it'll run until the end of this week before I lock in the date/time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So it's looking like Thurs 8th Sep @ 9pm for our draft with the 1st game of the 2016/17 season kicking off later that night in Denver. 11 people have responded to the poll & it'll run until the end of this week before I lock in the date/time.

Can you double check that this is ok on NFL.com? Previously if you set the draft for the day the season started your league would not start until week 2.

Understood ..... it looks like Wed 7th Sep @ 9pm may now emerge as the draft date/time of choice.

I just checked the doodle poll for draft date/time (http://doodle.com/poll/w3q4tecxh2thz74x) & we have had 11 participants. The Date/Time that suits the majority looks to be Wed 7th Sep @ 9pm. I'll leave the poll open until Friday evening.

Poll is now closed ... & our draft will take place on Wed 7th Sep @ 9pm. Best of luck to everybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I am very under-prepared for this, have not had time to look at rankings etc. Should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I am very under-prepared for this, have not had time to look at rankings etc. Should be interesting

This time last year I feel asleep for the premier division draft two minutes beforehand. And because I autodrafted I'm back here with the fine people of division 1. I never look at the rankings. I look at NFL.com fantasy experts and have an idea who I'll pick.

Pick 14 in round one for me. I was hoping for a higher pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pick 14 in round one for me. I was hoping for a higher pick.

Anyone else having trouble getting in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I just got booted but managed to get back in.

Hopefully the Draft Client works better than it did for the Keeper League.

QB - Joe Flacco (tempted to pick up Brock Osweiler as back up)

RB - Lamar Miller & Rashad Jennings (Christine Michael is the only back up so bit of work needed here)

WR - Jeremy Maclin, Donte Moncrief & Mike Evans (Stefon Diggs, Brandon LaFell, Breshad Perriman & Steve Smith are back up at present, one or two will have to go to make way for Osweiler and an RB)

TE - Julius Thomas - He is my tip for bounce back player this year so had to go with him really

Def - Giants will start this week against Prescott

K - Will pick one up and drop the Jags D

Yeah near the seventh round the app went to ****e for me.

My Team

QB: Derek Carr, Andy Dalton
    RB: Chris Ivory, Eddie Lacy,Bilal Powell, Shaun draughn
    WR: Emmanuel Sanders, Anquan Boldin, Tajae Sharpe, Dorial Green Beckham, Justin Hardy
    TE: Gronk
    K: Graham Gano
    DEF: Vikings.

I might be a bit WR heavy with five and only one TE. I'm open to opinions on my team good or bad.

I had the 4th pick & went with David Johnson (ARZ) RB... I reckon he's going to have a monster year as part of a high powered offence.

The Nastys
    QB - Big Ben (PIT)
    RB - D Johnson (ARZ), M Forte (NYJ)
    WR - M Floyd (ARZ), TY Hilton (IND), J Matthews (PHI)
    TE - J Cook (GB)
    K - D Hopkins (WAS)
    DEF - Cardinals

BENCH
    RB - C Johnson (ARZ), TJ Yeldon (JAC)
    WR - J Kearse (SEA), R Matthews (TEN)
    TE - V McDonald (SF)

My draft recap e-mail from NFL.COM this morning seemed pretty positive about my draft. Here's hoping it actually translates into success during the season ;-)

I love having football back !!! I need Big Ben & Dustin Hopkins to come through for me on Monday night to pick up the win in my matchup vs The Adrian Beatersons!!

I've started 0-2. Petersen and Stewart look injured.

Anyone trading a RB??!!!

Benimar wrote: »

Anyone trading a RB??!!!

I have Christine Michael available for trade if you are interested.

Benimar wrote: »

Anyone trading a RB??!!!

Tim Hightower?

You know its going to be a long season when you drop your 1st round pick (Peterson) for a Defence :mad:

• Advertisement

i would be willing to trade either Russell Wilson or Big Ben for some good RB or WR options !

Advertisement