Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great Dublin Bike Ride - Sunday 13th September **no entry requests/offers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Also to highlight again in relation to the GDBR Cycling Jersey; if you signed up before the 28th July that means you were one of the first 1000 entries and will therefore receive the GDBR Cycling Jersey. We have ordered enough cycling jerseys to cover all sizes for everyone.

Lastly just to remind everyone that the Participant Information Booklet is available on the GDBR website which should answer a lot of your questions.
    http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Participant-Information-Booklet.pdf

Sorry for the late reply on some of your queries, we are busy getting ready for a big weekend and hope you are looking forward to it.

Thanks for answering some questions.
    I'm looking forward to the spin. But, I still haven't got the email from you, that a lot of people appear to have got. When can I expect to get it?
    I know, you are busy. So am I, I paid for this event, with certain expectations.
    Receiving information in a timely fashion was one of those expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the spin. But, I still haven't got the email from you, that a lot of people appear to have got. When can I expect to get it?
    I know, you are busy. So am I, I paid for this event, with certain expectations.

Mine was in my Gmail spam folder - have you checked your spam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

I havent got my medal yet.

:pac:

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    I havent got my medal yet.

:pac:

The old ones are the best.

xebec wrote: »
    Mine was in my Gmail spam folder - have you checked your spam?

Yes.

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep GreatDublinBikeRide: Anna

Hi Eamonnator, apologies if you did not receive the email yet. Can you email info@greatdublinbikeride.ie and we will resend it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

nothing stopping you doing the route on sunday anyway! just bring your own food in case they don't let you into the stops

I certainly hope they do stop freeloaders availing of the "Facilities" that all those who have registered and paid for!

By all means cycle the route on the day...no issue with that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

I didn't get an email either, have sent you an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hi Traprunner, The parking at Collins Barracks is Free

Are there any restrictions on that car park? I'm not familiar with it so not sure if there is a gate that would stop parking before a certain time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I certainly hope they do stop freeloaders availing of the "Facilities" that all those who have registered and paid for!

By all means cycle the route on the day...no issue with that at all.

see lengthy reply on previous page, that comment was not meant to be taken seriously, my most sincere apologies to all of those who did :)

i agree re freeloaders availing of facilities that entrants have paid for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Found my email in my spam folder. Make sure to check there if you haven't gotten one yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Same here, found in Spam.

Organizers should text all the participating to let them know if that's more widespread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

see lengthy reply on previous page, that comment was not meant to be taken seriously, my most sincere apologies to all of those who did :)

i agree re freeloaders availing of facilities that entrants have paid for.

how can you tell a freeloader from some one who signed up for it but can't make the extra trip in to town on the saturday because they have to mind the kids and bring them to football/swimming etc.

most well run events allow you to sign on midweek after work in convenient location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hi Anna

For those of us who applied on deadline Sunday.
    Should we have received an email with no. etc by now?

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What does the jersey look like anyway

I presume it is Rapha :)

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    how can you tell a freeloader from some one who signed up for it but can't make the extra trip in to town on the saturday because they have to mind the kids and bring them to football/swimming etc.

most well run events allow you to sign on midweek after work in convenient location.

Yep..in an ideal world these events would be free..sign on would not be required and everyone would be capable of cycling 100k at and average speed of 40kph! some day maybe.

Freeloaders...They'll be the ones with no number I suppose. But they'll have "some neck" to avail of a service they haven't paid for. Plenty of those type of people around unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

bazermc wrote: »
    What does the jersey look like anyway

CI-P050WUAAi2c5.png

Found mine in spam too.

Phew.

Also no jersey for me. That's deeply unfair to us congregants of the church of outrageous procrastination. :(

Found mine in spam too.

Phew.

Also no jersey for me. That's deeply unfair to us congregants of the church of outrageous procrastination. :(

You what ted?

The great Dublin Ride

Ah yes I can see why such an email with that text would go striaght to Spam :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,511 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That'll learn ya to get yer act together next time:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I hear the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday. Could the people running this not have done something about this? Absolutely shocking organisation!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,511 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I hear the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday. Could the people running this not have done something about this? Absolutely shocking organisation!
    They had planned a few more cycling marshals riding around with umbrellas up. My club got the request, but alas we could not muster up any volunteers to help out. Don't think we can blame the organisers though - it's definitely an issue with the CI membership not being prepared to help out when requested ....

Beasty wrote: »
    They had planned a few more cycling marshals riding around with umbrellas up. My club got the request, but alas we could not muster up any volunteers to help out. Don't think we can blame the organisers though - it's definitely an issue with the CI membership not being prepared to help out when requested ....
    Ah there is another statutory meeting today. I bet it's to request that the councils involved erect a clear dome like structure over the route before Sunday.

Beasty wrote: »
    That'll learn ya to get yer act together next time:pac:

If only there was something in my post to indicate my acceptance of culpability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yep..in an ideal world these events would be free..sign on would not be required and everyone would be capable of cycling 100k at and average speed of 40kph! some day maybe.

Freeloaders...They'll be the ones with no number I suppose. But they'll have "some neck" to avail of a service they haven't paid for. Plenty of those type of people around unfortunately.

is it not like the w200 and orwell randonnee where you have to show your card
    to gain entrance to the food stops? be suprised if you could just roll up and gain entrance to the facilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

When it says "At the sign on process you must bring your Entry Confirmation Email or your Event Number confirmation email" can I just present my smartphone, or do I need a printout?

is it not like the w200 and orwell randonnee where you have to show your card
    to gain entrance to the food stops? be suprised if you could just roll up and gain entrance to the facilities

No idea...Guess we'll find out on Sunday!

I was up around Naul and Ballyboghil today. There are signs posted, warning motorists about the Cycle.
    Well done.

Jeeze lads this a great thread now - I was in a bad mood this morning this has cheered me right up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I was up around Naul and Ballyboghil today. There are signs posted, warning motorists about the Cycle.
    Well done.

yeah they seem to have made a big effort a couple of weeks ago to get it well posted to warn people in advance. have them right out through clontarf, malahide, swords etc and the sections that i cycled last sunday past the airport all had good signage

Hi Anna

Should we have received an email with no. etc by now?

Regards

Hi , yes everyone should have received an email at this stage. If not check your spam. Thanks

OldBean wrote: »
    When it says "At the sign on process you must bring your Entry Confirmation Email or your Event Number confirmation email" can I just present my smartphone, or do I need a printout?

Hi, yes smart phone is ok . Thanks

Anna you're awful selective with your replies....Any chance you can enlighten us on the parking in Collins Barracks. What time is that parking facility accessible on the Sunday? Does it have a closing time?
    Both parking suggestions from GDBR peeps is very limited and very vague in its details.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Anna you're awful selective with your replies....Any chance you can enlighten us on the parking in Collins Barracks. What time is that parking facility accessible on the Sunday? Does it have a closing time?
    Both parking suggestions from GDBR peeps is very limited and very vague in its details.

give her a break, its all published for God's sake.

Q-Park Four Courts

15-21 Usher’s Quay

Dublin 8

Cost €4 – All day

Open 24hrs

Collins Barracks

Benburb Street

Dublin 7

Cost Free

Open from 5.45am, Closes 5pm

Entry to the car park through Arbour Hill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Phoenix park has free parking too.

give her a break, its all published for God's sake.

Q-Park Four Courts

15-21 Usher’s Quay

Dublin 8

Cost €4 – All day

Open 24hrs

Collins Barracks

Benburb Street

Dublin 7

Cost Free

Open from 5.45am, Closes 5pm

Entry to the car park through Arbour Hill
    Thanks for that.

I asked on this thread and the rep didn't answer, but answered questions that were asked after mine - that is selective.

There is no point having a rep posting here if they don't answer the questions asked here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks for that.

I asked on this thread and the rep didn't answer, but answered questions that were asked after mine - that is selective.

There is no point having a rep posting here if they don't answer the questions asked here.

Probably not selective but simply didn't see your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭custom_build

New start numbers have been sent out because of a computer glitch. People should check their spam for this again I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

New start numbers have been sent out because of a computer glitch. People should check their spam for this again I guess.

Is this for all or just a select number of entrants ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

whacker00 wrote: »
    Is this for all or just a selec number of entrants ?
    Thanks

I didn't get a second email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Has the cut off date for jerseys for those registered early been affected by this glitch? I had a race number in the 600s previously and now I'm in the 1000's and I registered on the 29th June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Has the cut off date for jerseys for those registered early been affected by this glitch? I had a race number in the 600s previously and now I'm in the 1000's and I registered on the 29th June?

As long as you registered by 28th July, you should get a jersey.

If not, you will get a t shirt

I was no. 250 or so and now in the 500's. Going to try and get in early on sat tp make sure I get a jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpudBr

Has everyone got their email or instructions as to what to do , where to go . It is now the Wednesday night and I have received nothing , Is it not a small bit late ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

whacker00 wrote: »
    Is this for all or just a select number of entrants ?
    Thanks

The email I got said they had to reissue all bib numbers.

I reg'd on 24th June, bib number yesterday was near 3000, today its about 2500. Not sure what system they used for generating the numbers.

I'm sure there'll be issues with registration and on Sunday, but nothing out of the ordinary that you'll wont get with any major new event.

Fingers crossed the weather plays nice and everyone has an enjoyable day on the bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Number means nothing. I registered mid June and my number is in the 3000's.

Crocked wrote: »
    The email I got said they had to reissue all bib numbers.

I reg'd on 24th June, bib number yesterday was near 3000, today its about 2500. Not sure what system they used for generating the numbers.

I'm sure there'll be issues with registration and on Sunday, but nothing out of the ordinary that you'll wont get with any major new event.

Fingers crossed the weather plays nice and everyone has an enjoyable day on the bike

I registered the same day as you. Same story, bib number mid 2000s.

My new number is ls 368 less than my original number.
    Whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I was mid 300's and now early 600's. I registered July 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

My start number is in the early 3000's

I registered on June 24th....

Better get s jersey.
    Hoping to do the 100km in aobi g time of 3 hours 20 mins or less.
    Total "Climbing" is only 725m

My start number is in the early 3000's

I registered on June 24th....

Better get s jersey.
    Hoping to do the 100km in aobi g time of 3 hours 20 mins or less.
    Total "Climbing" is only 725m

All of the climbing is between Kms 27 and 64.
    And some of the hills are tough enough, Snowtown is a little bugger, and Nag's Head is quite a drag and through Ardcath is tight enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement