Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

FYI my order to Marvin ( I think because payment was to a Danish company) caused a fraud alert on my Visa debit card last weekend and it was temporarily blocked, pita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

25 % off this weekend

25% OFF
    Voucher code SUSHI
    Expires Midnight 23/08/2015

For new accounts or can existing accounts use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

For new accounts or can existing accounts use it?

Looks like new accounts. Worked for me...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

THAI for 25% off new customers - changer your email etc etc . worked there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Are they still only dublin/major cities or is there a nationwide rollout to compete with just eat?

• Advertisement

I used a few different accounts when I started using marvin to avail of the discounts, but have been using just the one account for a while now to build up my loyalty card.

I received an email from Marvin on the other accounts mentioning that I hadn't used the site in a while and supplying me with a 10% discount code as an incentive to use the site again.

I was able to use these codes for my usual account.

Winning! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Code EP10 for 10% off this weekend until Midnight sunday. Excludes cash orders but is open for everyone, not just first timers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭vickers209

New Account needed to be set up but worth it for 40% off just worked for me:D

prd40.png

Code: PRD40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

vickers209 wrote: »
    New Account needed to be set up but worth it for 40% off just worked for me:D

prd40.png

I feel a takeway coming on this weekend!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Almost 4 months running now and they still have feck all restaurants outside Dublin. Nothing over here yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Good few in Limerick too. Got my first free meal tonight from the loyalty system

I tried using it at the weekend with the 10% off code, it kept telling me the chipper was closed.....it was 10:30 and they deliver until 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What happened the 40% off code that was posted here yesterday?
    Can someone repost?
    Share the love guys!

myshirt wrote: »
    What happened the 40% off code that was posted here yesterday?
    Can someone repost?
    Share the love guys!

PRD40 for new accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

40% off code not working for me despite creating a new account with new email address and phone number :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Moyglish wrote: »
    40% off code not working for me despite creating a new account with new email address and phone number :(

protip, pop into incognito mode...worked a treat for me :)

Will definitely try that next time, thanks! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Worked for me earlier, though it was printed on the receipt this time in large typeset 'This is the customers first order'.

The chap stared me down for a bit when collecting, but all good other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

myshirt wrote: »
    Worked for me earlier, though it was printed on the receipt this time in large typeset 'This is the customers first order'.

The chap stared me down for a bit when collecting, but all good other than that.

pretty sure it's marvin that covers the discount not the chipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

Still on folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

El Inho wrote: »
    pretty sure it's marvin that covers the discount not the chipper?

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

thought I'd give this piece of garbage website another try tonight, but it didn't accept my postal code! needless to say I was trying to place an order for collection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

YanisK wrote: »
    thought I'd give this piece of garbage website another try tonight, but it didn't accept my postal code! needless to say I was trying to place an order for collection..

Did you use their live chat support? I had to use it once and they sorted out my problem straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Did you use their live chat support? I had to use it once and they sorted out my problem straight away.

That didn't connect to an agent either. Hopeless altogether. Mobile website didn't let me choose collection but insisted on delivery only!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see an ad for Marvin on the Television ...

25% off first time orders using the code TV

The small print says "25% offer expires 31/11/15". Marvin gave November an extra day, must be a loyalty bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

There was a promoted tweet on Twitter advertising 40% off your first order for NUIM students.

Doesn't matter if you are one or not, it still works.

Code: NUIM40

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

retweet wrote: »
    There was a promoted tweet on Twitter advertising 40% off your first order for NUIM students.

Doesn't matter if you are one or not, it still works.

Just used this, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just used this, thanks

still works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Merged threads and title updated. Check latest's posts for active codes.

Used 40% code earlier and worked thanks

Handy to have an alternative to order takeaways , plus loads of payment options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Made my first order y’day… what a nightmare! Used the iPhone app at first and 2 of the items were mysteriously dropped from the order so I wasted the 40% coupon (NUIM40 code worked) on a €8.50 order. NB: the minimum order should be €12.50 so clearly a bug (one of the many). Called customer service was told they are having issues with the iPhone app and to place a second order from the web for the missing items and they would credit back the delivery charge. they gave me a 25% code to use on that second order (MVN25 I think). Then I received a text saying that the 1st order was cancelled but ultimately received all the stuff I ordered in a relatively short time (35min).
    Ultimately I think I spent slightly less than what I would’ve if everything worked on the 1st try. I was relaxed enough about it cause I was dining alone but if I had my family with me or guests/friends I would’ve been quite upset about the uncertainty of getting enough food for everybody on time.
    I’ll be waiting for them to get their act together before ordering again…

I cant even order from my favorite restaurant due to marvin always telling me Im ordering outside delivery times.

Trying to place an order using one of the 40% codes some other users very kindly previously posted on here.

Unfortunately, keep getting this error:

"Uh oh - something's missing...
    The entered postal code doesn't match the entered city"

Can't find any way around it, anyone else encounter this problem before?

And FWIW, i'm not entering any postal code either... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Made my first order y’day… what a nightmare! Used the iPhone app at first and 2 of the items were mysteriously dropped from the order so I wasted the 40% coupon (NUIM40 code worked) on a €8.50 order. NB: the minimum order should be €12.50 so clearly a bug (one of the many). Called customer service was told they are having issues with the iPhone app and to place a second order from the web for the missing items and they would credit back the delivery charge. they gave me a 25% code to use on that second order (MVN25 I think). Then I received a text saying that the 1st order was cancelled but ultimately received all the stuff I ordered in a relatively short time (35min).
    Ultimately I think I spent slightly less than what I would’ve if everything worked on the 1st try. I was relaxed enough about it cause I was dining alone but if I had my family with me or guests/friends I would’ve been quite upset about the uncertainty of getting enough food for everybody on time.
    I’ll be waiting for them to get their act together before ordering again…
    Just received an email from Miriam at Marvin.ie giving me a €20 voucher to make up for the bad experience on my 1st order. Now that is what I call customer service! I will give it another try this weekend...
    They mentioned that the iOS app is buggy and that they would be updating it to fix the issues. I'd recommend to anyone having technical issues to try the full desktop website if you havent already done so. If it still doesnt work give them a call... they answered my call very quickly and were very helpful indeed

I received a €20 voucher as well last week from Miriam after my order was delayed 75 minutes by the restaurant. To be fair it was the restaurants fault and not marvins so I was very impressed.

From above post

MVN25 works for 25% off just used it
    it doesn't need to be first use only:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

NUIM40 is still working for 40% off. Nice tip of using incognito mode (and a new email address).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Need a new email on the fly? Get 'Blur' from the Chrome App Store. It gives you an email address that redirects to your own.

As for vouchers use APPYDAY for 10% off, new and existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

vickers209 wrote: »
    From above post

MVN25 works for 25% off just used it
    it doesn't need to be first use only:)

Apparently does

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭walsh08

40% code still working today tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Need a new email on the fly? Get 'Blur' from the Chrome App Store. It gives you an email address that redirects to your own.

As for vouchers use APPYDAY for 10% off, new and existing customers.

Just used 'blur' on firefox and the nuim40 code worked a treat. Hid address along with email so no problem with the postal code as mentioned above by another poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

40% off me Chinese lets hope this sorts the head out!

cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Well I just put an order in to my local pizzeria. I had I personal discount code for 10% off. They had canceled because they had a 2hr waiting time.

Got back to Marvin about could I reuse the discount code as it was only applicable once. They gave me a new code for 25%. Fair play to them as it wasn't there fault.

paconnors wrote: »
    Well I just put an order in to my local pizzeria. I had I personal discount code for 10% off. They had canceled because they had a 2hr waiting time.

Got back to Marvin about could I reuse the discount code as it was only applicable once. They gave me a new code for 25%. Fair play to them as it wasn't there fault.

When you use the code yourself post it here as it may work for others too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

NUIM40 worked for me this evening, cheers to OPs who suggested Blur and Incognito mode. Fab Italian food for 6.50, happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

NUIM40 still works

GBX wrote: »
    NUIM40 still works

It will work until the end of the month. I doubt we will see another 40% discount then, they have been really generous since they opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It will work until the end of the month. I doubt we will see another 40% discount then, they have been really generous since they opened.

I dread going back to a world where takeaway doesn't come with a 20-40% discount :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

NUIM40 is a godsend. Had some friends over yesterday and the Indian we ordered from was already doing a pretty good €9.99 meal deal. So we got 3 starters, 3 curries, 3 pilau rice, 3 naan breads and 3 cans for €19.60 :D happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

All this for under €20! First time I've selected the 'Large' Curry option. Cheers :cool:

Screen777777.png

Found this online for Apache pizza

apache-40.png

CODE: APZ40
    Apache Pizza is Ireland's biggest pizza chain with almost 100 stores nationwide. Use the discount at checkout (before proceeding to payment). * Exludes cash orders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement