Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Masons Sports Bar Waterford are looking to recruit Bar and Floor Staff for their reopening . Please email CV's to masonsbarwaterford@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Sign in Coney Island on johns street looking for staff I think.

Big ad in one of the local papers too that Papa Johns are looking for a pizza maker

• Registered Users Posts: 37,987 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Masons Sports Bar Waterford are looking to recruit Bar and Floor Staff for their reopening . Please email CV's to masonsbarwaterford@gmail.com

one thing that annoys me is when restraunts and pubs are looking for workers but 'must have experience' so this is encouraging workers from other pubs/restraunts to move around to different places and giving people who want to get into that kind of work no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its pretty essential that the staff in a newly opened bar/restaurant are experienced though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Momo's are looking for staff.
    Seen on Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

PTH2009 wrote: »
    one thing that annoys me is when restraunts and pubs are looking for workers but 'must have experience' so this is encouraging workers from other pubs/restraunts to move around to different places and giving people who want to get into that kind of work no chance

and then the pub that lost a worker advertises for more people with experience lol a never ending circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have to speak, from being in the trade for a long time, people with no experience do get taken on quite regularly, they can be trained easier in general to the specific needs of a certain pub/restaurant and come with little to no bad habits that you may find with more experienced staff.

You need a balance of course, but I would argue that when a pub is opening, you need people with experience to help it go as smoothly as possible. It is not easy opening and you have to wing it in a few situations so having people who know what to do instinctively is better in that regard.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sign up in Heatons on Morgan Street looking for staff for the new sports store opening up next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sign up in Heatons on Morgan Street looking for staff for the new sports store opening up next to it.

That'll be Sportsworld. It's the same crowd as Sports Direct in The UK but different name.

• Advertisement

apply in Heatons or is there a email given?

apply in Heatons or is there a email given?

Not entirely sure tbh, I just spotted it as I was going in earlier today. Seeing as the sign was up in Heatons window, I'd fire in your CV there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Copied from Athenaeum House Hotel's facebook page.

WE ARE HIRING
    Food & Beverage Manager
    Sous Chef
    Full Time & Part Time Waiting Staff
    Part Time House Keepers

Previous experience required, please send CV to info@athenaeumhousehotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads can anybody tell me if their is a Fund Accountancy company in Waterford. I heard from a friend of a friend their was but i couldn't remember a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Supermacs on the Dunmore Road have a sign up advertising staff vacancies, apply with a CV in-store. Wouldn't say it's the worst place to work as fast food places go, quite a few people who are there a long time.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads can anybody tell me if their is a Fund Accountancy company in Waterford. I heard from a friend of a friend their was but i couldn't remember a name.

I'd imagine State Street in Kilkenny is the closest to Waterford for Fund Accountant roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

callaway92 wrote:
    I'd imagine State Street in Kilkenny is the closest to Waterford for Fund Accountant roles.

Think it was Citi in Waterford but could be gone now. PFPC was in Wexford too but again could be gone by now. SS in Kilkenny is a handy spin from Waterford. Just off the ring road, next roundabout up from Wd Road.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Think it was Citi in Waterford but could be gone now. PFPC was in Wexford too but again could be gone by now. SS in Kilkenny is a handy spin from Waterford. Just off the ring road, next roundabout up from Wd Road.

That's been gone for a good year or two now.

State Street in Kilkenny and Northern Trust in Limerick are the biggest Fund Accountant job providers in Munster but NT is way too far from Waterford to go up-and-down daily.

just looked at waterford city on fas.ie and am shocked with all the scheme jobs on it. not one payed job is on it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    just looked at waterford city on fas.ie and am shocked with all the scheme jobs on it. not one payed job is on it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's nearly always like that lol even though its probably the place most unemployed check I would assume? surely companies know that or are they just trying to steer clear of that group of people..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its a total joke the way "drawbridge" is being abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Has anyone else here done the assessment test for genzyme a few months back? Have you heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Just heard on beat Tech Mahindra recruiting for sales/customer care/retention agents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Saw this on Deise Job's facebook page, it may be of interest to someone.

Staff required for an exciting new restaurant opening soon in tramore. Positions available : Foh Manager Wait staff Kitchen porter Applicant's must have a minimum of three years industry experience. Cv and cover letter to tramorerestaurantjobs@gmail.com Closing date for applications 25/09

deisemum wrote: »
    Saw this on Deise Job's facebook page, it may be of interest to someone.

Staff required for an exciting new restaurant opening soon in tramore. Positions available : Foh Manager Wait staff Kitchen porter Applicant's must have a minimum of three years industry experience. Cv and cover letter to tramorerestaurantjobs@gmail.com Closing date for applications 25/09

That 'experience' word comes up yet again.

There's a number of negative type jobs in Waterford city (cleaning, call centres etc) buts it a positive that so many companies are opening here

WLR FM/Beat 102-103 are looking for a new head of IT:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/74334607

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Just heard on beat Tech Mahindra recruiting for sales/customer care/retention agents

Anybody have an email for them can't seem to find much about their Waterford branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody have an email for them can't seem to find much about their Waterford branch.

lsmyth@techmahindra.com - Liza Smyth is the main HR person as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Hey anyone know part time jobs going to fit around college days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Hey anyone know part time jobs going to fit around college days

Humdingers on the Dunmore road are often hiring.Its evening and weekend work so may suit a student.

Hand a CV in over the counter.

Advertisement