Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah lads, Nissan fully expect their mechanics to moonlight as Yoga instructors.
    The back bends I have to pull when changing pollen filters is unreal.
    Wiring looms cutting across the slot for the filter and everyone.
    :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Patww79 wrote: »
    A3 is the same. I don't even think mine is in right but I'm never going near it again.

Haha I'd say the fella who did the one in the mini felt the same. Bit of a limbo dance involved alright. Subaru is ok. Glovebox needs to come off the the filter is just a horizontal cartridge with easy access and good visibility. Saying that, it was a disgrace what was in there when I bought it first. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Last night i replaced the rocker gasket on my BMW 320ci so that should return my oil consumption back to normal levels. Also replaced the expansion tank (cracked) and radiator cap (cracked) as I started losing coolant at a rate of knots on Monday. My car is fully living up to the known gremlins for the model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    Last night i replaced the rocker gasket on my BMW 320ci so that should return my oil consumption back to normal levels. Also replaced the expansion tank (cracked) and radiator cap (cracked) as I started losing coolant at a rate of knots on Monday. My car is fully living up to the known gremlins for the model.

Probably worth doing the waterpump soon too. That's at least easy, 30 mins to get the old one out and new one in place. Only time consuming bit is bleeding the system.

I need to change my expansion tank at some stage, I'd say it's a ticking timebomb! :o

Did that job take you long? I've removed it before and found it was a right pain to separate from the lower hose.

Probably worth doing the waterpump soon too. That's at least easy, 30 mins to get the old one out and new one in place. Only time consuming bit is bleeding the system.

I need to change my expansion tank at some stage, I'd say it's a ticking timebomb! :o

Did that job take you long? I've removed it before and found it was a right pain to separate from the lower hose.

I have my oil change in the next 1000 miles so I'll change the water pump then.

It took about 30 minutes to get the tank out. I was taking it very handy though and was probably over cautious. It was much easier than I expected. I found it hard to re connect the lower hose. Make sure to align the quick disconnects on the lower hose properly. You don't want to have to got at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Only found this out today but for any Toyota owners that don't have a main dealer near them, you can also order parts from their authorised repairers (pdf)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's good info nd. A lot of former Toyota dealers on that list.

Yeah Cavanaghs of Charleville have never been Toyota dealers as far as I know, but are close to me and are now authorised servicers/repairers apparently. So it's very handy to be able to order bits from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

cavanaghs are close to me too - have used them for recalls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Got a pair of part worn 175/65/R14 Continental tyres fitted and balanced upfront on the Punto. Much better than what were on then.

They were €30 each fitted and balanced, but I got a €15 discount, because reasons.

11375802_1483228388657288_1565777992_n.jpg

20604248710_d03718fccd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gvidor, are you Polish?

Gvidor, are you Polish?

No. Latvian. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

GvidoR wrote: »
    No. Latvian. Why?

You've got more of an Irish personality with the stuff you come out with than most Irish lads I know :pac:

You've got more of an Irish personality with the stuff you come out with than most Irish lads I know :pac:

Say whaaaat? How is that even possible? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Say whaaaat? How is that even possible? :eek:

Honestly I've thought it too for a long time!

So if I would have said that I'm Irish, you would have believed me?

I'm just curious what exactly makes me so Irish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I can't give exact examples but you just seem it man, I'll point it out next time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I knew! Your spelling and grammar is far too good. :P;)
    (I'll get me coat and will duck as I run out the room)

edit:
    No, had no idea you were not Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Now, being serious once again...:eek:

I was at this all day long:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96715984#post96715984

I didn't fix it, but knowing is half the battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Good colleague of mine "updated" Ms jou's bus ECU today. According to his words, approx 20bhp more.

After a test drive, I'd say he's right. :D

Had posted before about a knocking noise I had on my corolla - I dropped the car into a local fellah and he diagnosed the front left ball joint was worn. So I picked up a new ball joint and tried to swap it out, but the tapered part wouldn't budge.

Made another attempt today (with my dad!) and after much of a struggle we got the old one out and the new one in. Took maybe 2 hours to do, but I'm sure it'd be quicker next time.

The drive home was quiet - no knocking anymore, hooray!

wgsKCKO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

"New" head unit, borrowed from the Glanza while i'm busy not paying for a replacement for the Celicas old one. Aux in and USB.

Doesn't look as bad in the dash as I thought either, so win win.

IMG_20150827_142524.jpg
    IMG_20150827_142512.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It looks good to me!

Installed my 9 euro for a pair(including delivery) wipers. They perform excellently. Last set lasted about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

nd wrote: »
    Installed my 9 euro for a pair(including delivery) wipers. They perform excellently. Last set lasted about a year.

Got 3 sets of Bosch Super Plus (whoever came up with Super Plus - well done:D)
    in Halfords at €3 each:eek:

Couldn't believe the price, but it was correct.

Went to buy the radio, came out with a radio and those 3 sets that should last for a while.

Tried to fit the radio straight away but no luck. Need to order one of those adapters:mad: I've done it before by connecting wires directly, but Merc used so many colours that I am not even trying today. Someone was there before me and the cables are all over the place.

At least the windscreen is clear now.

wonski wrote: »
    Got 3 sets of Bosch Super Plus (whoever came up with Super Plus - well done:D)
    in Halfords at €3 each:eek:

Wow, that's cheap, especially for Halfords.

I tried to find them on their website but could only find Bosch Super Plus spark plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Wow, that's cheap, especially for Halfords.

I tried to find them on their website but could only find Bosch Super Plus spark plugs.

Only the ones I bought were reduced from €22 to €3

These only fit one car I think, hence the price:D

360369.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh :(

Advertisement