Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wright wrote: »
    Might they be a special CAD-esque file? Never heard of them. Are you sure its a pixel based format?

it's all pictures that get carved into head stones. So I would assume so, I just never seen a stn file before today, twas the jpeg era when I came around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

it's all pictures that get carved into head stones. So I would assume so, I just never seen a stn file before today, twas the jpeg era when I came around

Yeah you might wanna try some open source version of CAD just to check. I doubt this is a jpeg file. Cutters don't really gleam info from pixel based files.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Anyone here have any experience with this? A 28 inch 4K monitor that from what I've found looks to be decent quality. If you were to buy it I'd say you'd get reamed with import fees though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

bertie4evr wrote: »
    If you were to buy it I'd say you'd get reamed with import fees though...

"Total import duty & taxes due: €69.70
    This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Could also ask the seller to put it down as a €200 item on the box. Should reduce the customs fee a little bit.

Havent heard of the monitor yet myself though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-custom-gaming-pc/8713999

Let the bidding war begin.

Don't know if you're allowed scoff at this **** up in here. can just pretend it's an alternative reality like the seller does.... If not feel free to delete.

In his defence it is a clean build.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-custom-gaming-pc/8713999

Let the bidding war begin.

Don't know if you're allowed scoff at this **** up in here. can just pretend it's an alternative reality like the seller does.... If not feel free to delete.

In his defence it is a clean build.

I have seen worse, saw a fella with a 2500k and a 7950 selling his rig for over 3 grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I have seen worse, saw a fella with a 2500k and a 7950 selling his rig for over 3 grand.

giphy.gif

And I kept commenting for him to stop trying to rip people off and he kept removing my comments, eventually he removed the ad.

Some chancers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

HowAreWe wrote: »
    And I kept commenting for him to stop trying to rip people off and he kept removing my comments, eventually he removed the ad.

Some chancers out there.

I know he's probably ripping people off but it's not actually against Adverts.ie rules unfortunately. The only thing you're not allowed sell overpriced is concert tickets etc.

You're actually breaking adverts.ie rules by 'spoiling' his ad.

I'd of course be on your side, I hate seeing people getting ripped off but just pointing out the way adverts.ie is...

• Advertisement

Here's another gem, a 'watercooled eyefinity gaming setup' for €900. Sounds promising, let's check out the specs.

2006's hottest processor, the Q6600, is combined with the most powerful GPU on the planet that €50 can buy, the HD7770, for an experience that has to be seen to be believed!

Your eyes will struggle to draw the line between game and reality as you run all the latest titles like GTA V, Crysis 3 and Battlefield Hardline at 10 frames a second on retina blistering lowest possible visual settings across 3 monitors.

Other extras include a non-functional hard drive. No low ballers, the seller warns.

incredulous.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

7770 isn't that bad :pac: I had one until February, at 720p it was actually sound. I was really surprised as how well it performed when I got more interested in PCs

Not a chance it'd run an eyefinity though :o Some of these lads are criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

the pictures are pretty epic :confused::confused:

they may be NSFW, but Im not entirely sure what they're of

ah C'mere I'm shouting expletives now, that isn't worth 200 squids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Adverts is filled to the brim with chancers. We really should get some kind of market going on here. I feel members of a community would be less inclined to take the piss.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Here's another gem, a 'watercooled eyefinity gaming setup' for €900.

I noticed his profile pic is basically him giving potential buyers the middle finger :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Wright wrote: »
    Adverts is filled to the brim with chancers. We really should get some kind of market going on here. I feel members of a community would be less inclined to take the piss.

That site is a joke, someone's selling something such as a 2 year old graphic card for the same price as when it was new, I post a comment, linking to amazon with the current price of the item and I log back in an hour later to find I've been banned from adverts.ie for breaching it's terms & conditions.

This happened a 2nd time with a different seller who started putting up silly childish abuse instead of an intelligent reply after I pointed out his ludicrous asking price. Once again I get banned while his comments weren't removed.

Didn't bother re-registering with them as I couldn't be bothered setting up yet another e-mail account for the purpose. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Some people have the impression that electronics don't depreciate as fast as they actually do. Or they spent so far over the odds for it. Like the people with 4k Alienware machines that compare to a 500 Euro self build 4 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    That site is a joke, someone's selling something such as a 2 year old graphic card for the same price as when it was new, I post a comment, linking to amazon with the current price of the item and I log back in an hour later to find I've been banned from adverts.ie for breaching it's terms & conditions.

This happened a 2nd time and the seller started putting up silly childish abuse instead of an intelligent reply. Once again I get banned while his comments weren't removed.

Didn't bother re-registering with them as I couldn't be bothered setting up yet another e-mail account for the purpose. :rolleyes:

And if Komplet had the same gpu up for twice the price, would you send them a email with a link to amazon?

If somebody wants to spend stupid money on pc parts, let them. Its the internet, there is a wealth of info out there for them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played on Brothers in Law Alienware 13" 1440p i7 960m Laptop..... I fecking want one now too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

And if Komplet had the same gpu up for twice the price, would you send them a email with a link to amazon?

If somebody wants to spend stupid money on pc parts, let them. Its the internet, there is a wealth of info out there for them already.

It was more of a warning to other viewers of the ad really, and the adverts site doesn't exactly belong to the individual seller.

Here's another gem, a 'watercooled eyefinity gaming setup' for €900. Sounds promising, let's check out the specs.

2006's hottest processor, the Q6600, is combined with the most powerful GPU on the planet that €50 can buy, the HD7770, for an experience that has to be seen to be believed!

Your eyes will struggle to draw the line between game and reality as you run all the latest titles like GTA V, Crysis 3 and Battlefield Hardline at 10 frames a second on retina blistering lowest possible visual settings across 3 monitors.

Other extras include a non-functional hard drive. No low ballers, the seller warns.

incredulous.gif

which one of you bastards have gone and near doomed us all by travelling back in time. To point out to jack mac scrub that his processor is perhaps not as beast as he thinks? You'll cause a ripple.

That single mother buying for her kid or some guy who saved up all his overtime money for months. will now not be tricked into getting this and horrified when this 900euro beast set up has trouble trying to " run any game you throw at it" on one screen let alone 3. Catastrophic...

areyawell are you well?

I asked about the screens, just to see if they're decent or were salvaged from a skip behind an office in 2007.

I asked about the screens, just to see if they're decent or were salvaged from a skip behind an office in 2007.

Guys a regular buffalo bill. With his red light pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭catsbanter

Just seen areyawell posted. bahaha

Guys a regular buffalo bill. With his red light pictures.

He's also trying to sell an Atom based laptop as "High End" :pac: Its only listed as €80 in fairness, no keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭catsbanter

Ah maybe he knows nothing about computers and thinks its worth that. Poor chap!

"Ya Minecraft playing virgin"

What a charmer

• Advertisement

I always though of 'areyawell' as Ayrea Well, rather than 'Are ya well?'.

Can't get an answer on those monitors, guess the minecraft virgin induced rage is too great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement