Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

"Ya Minecraft playing virgin"

What a charmer

"I'm a minecraft virgin" was my first thought until I read the sentence twice lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gloves are off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

PMSL, i'm glad I checked PC B&U tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Thats a classic adverts advert!

Even the photos, would have just been just as useful if he took them in complete darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Ah give the poor guy a break, it also includes three 19“ monitors ffs.

The level of immersion must be absolutely engrossing :)

Fair play for calling him out on it, would be disgusted if someone got caught for anything near the asking for it. adverts really should have someone a bit more clued in re. PC's looking a bit closer at these ads.

• Advertisement

I really should buy Minecraft. But its never gone on sale, and I'm too much of a skinflint.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

got confused for a sec and thought that was me :pac:

There has to be something we could do re: letting adverts know they should be a bit more clued in for pc components etc, I can see why its against the rules to "witch-hunt", but that's taking the piss.

dare I say it...it's really facilitating people getting scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Think I remember someone asking on here about having a second display for temps, power usage, network usage fan speed etc.

I've been using Aida64 with my Logitech G19 keyboard and it's really nice. Obviously, it's not for everyone since their keyboard probably doesn't have a screen.
    360175.jpg

(Edit: That's a pic of my G19 above)

Just read on the Aida64 forums that it now lets you output all this information to any Android device that is connected to your PC, I think over USB (not 100% if Wifi works).

Anyone tried it yet? Might be worth investigating if you've got an old tablet/phone lying around.

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/2776-display-pc-sensor-values-on-android-device-connected-via-usb-odospace-remote-panel/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thats what I planned to do with my 27x HDD server that I've still yet to make a start on. (Other than purchasing the case and HDD caddies over 2 years and a year ago respectively :o My anxiety issues the last year or two have exacerbated the Paralysis by analysis and slowed the project to a halt :( )

13883124391_5947253ded_c.jpg

Was going to use my brothers old Nexus phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone see the new Logitech headsets announced recently?
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/9563/logitech-announces-artemis-spectrum-g633-g933-audio-headsets

RGB_575px.jpg

What do people make of them?

Compatible with PS4 and Xbox one too mares it really sweet too.

http://www.maximumpc.com/logitech-announces-g633-and-g933-artemis-spectrum-gaming-headsets/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

(Edit: That's a pic of my G19 above)

Shame the G510 hasnt got a full colour screen, still handy as f'ck to have Afterburner stats on your keyboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Some 2-way SLI results from the GTX 950. Looks pretty damn good for a budget card.

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=17958

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=17959

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=17964

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_950_gaming_2_way_sli_review,24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is there anywhere I can get Corsair modular cables for cheap? In need of a molex cable for my psu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Out od curiosity wheres the best place to post for help, I made a bit of mistake and rsulted in my OS ssd (windows 7) being deleted Disk1 allocated space during a re-attempt at formating my hard drive, I'm quite sure what to do any help or advice would be great>?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,886 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I played 5 mins of that COD beta there and deleted from the drive already lol

God I miss the good auld days of cod

Headshot wrote: »

I know, completely unrecognisable.

I deleted cause its the only title so far to lock up my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Headshot wrote: »

It's awful. I'd love if they did another World at War or Modern Warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lertsnim wrote:
    It's awful. I'd love if they did another World at War or Modern Warfare.

Saying that, MW3 sucked imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone see the new Logitech headsets announced recently?
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/9563/logitech-announces-artemis-spectrum-g633-g933-audio-headsets

RGB_575px.jpg

What do people make of them?

Compatible with PS4 and Xbox one too mares it really sweet too.

http://www.maximumpc.com/logitech-announces-g633-and-g933-artemis-spectrum-gaming-headsets/

Look expensive :O

Whats been the general feedback on Logitech headphones?

I'll be moving abck to full Logitech peripherals when my current ones break. Have a CM Storm Qckfire mechanical keyboard that is again starting to have issues, after only being RMA'd like a year ago. I believe though the Logitech one uses some unique switch, so actually a Corsair that was getting rave reviews is on the rader.

Mouse wise, I'm dieing for this Deathadder to break so I can get rid. Horrible thing. Wanted to try a Razer product out and now I have I'll stay clear of any others. Looking at the Logitech mmo mouse with the buttons on the side.

Headset wise I've never strayed from a steelseries Siberia, but a purple theme has developed with my PC and desk lighting, so getting RGB stuff and setting it all to purple sounds appealing :D

hardwareversand look as if they're back, well they have a new website anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

HowAreWe wrote: »
    hardwareversand look as if they're back, well they have a new website anyway.

I thought it was shady I couldn't get my order histories without using old links in my email. Has anyone figured out how to get order histories via the website directly?

On another note, I used Mindfactory last Monday for the first time, stuff was delivered in good order today. Had to cancel one item on my order. Once I figured out he appropriate extension to call their customer support, it was over with in 2/3 mins. Virtually no time spent on hold, had my item cancelled and refunded to PayPal within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Gumbi wrote: »
    On another note, I used Mindfactory last Monday for the first time, stuff was delivered in good order today. Had to cancel one item on my order. Once I figured out he appropriate extension to call their customer support, it was over with in 2/3 mins. Virtually no time spent on hold, had my item cancelled and refunded to PayPal within 24 hours.

Same experience here except I requested it on their forum and they had it sorted, shipped out and refund issued within hours. Really impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Whats the shipping fee with mindfactory just out of interest? Is it a flat fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lu Tze wrote: »

Flat fee, have to spend E300-400+ to justify the cost/gain savings and keep the same in mind for cases+monitor - not worth it unless spending E300-400+.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lu Tze wrote: »

€30 for electronics, €30 for a case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can get Corsair modular cables for cheap? In need of a molex cable for my psu!

i still have some cables from my old corsair psu, pm me your address and I'll drop the molex ones in the post monday or tuesday

maybe wednesday

thursday at the absolute latest

(or friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I thought it was shady I couldn't get my order histories without using old links in my email. Has anyone figured out how to get order histories via the website directly?

Yup, log in, go to my account and click order history. Can view my order history without issue.

I went to "my account" and then the following.
    MiLXOTV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Squaredude wrote: »
    Yup, log in, go to my account and click order history. Can view my order history without issue.

No problems here either but amazingly bank transfer is still the only payment method they are offering me. After the goings on of the last month they could offer items for half price and I still wouldn't touch them when there is no protection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I went to "my account" and then the following.
    MiLXOTV.jpg

Ah. I put it down to using Edge so :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement