Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead - News/Details/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

What channels will it be aired on, Fox like TWD?
    For us UPC'ers

It's unclear at the moment who will have the rights for FTWD in Ireland. Setanta have stated that AMCtv will not be part of the Setanta offering in Ireland and is a UK only deal that applies to the BT TV service.

So unless AMC launches separately over here, it will leave the door open for the likes of RTE to snap up the rights if they chose to do so.

FOX will not be airing FTWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats a bit ridiculous tbh, 1st pic especially.

SEASON 2 OF FEAR THE WALKING DEAD WILL CONSIST OF 15 EPISODES
    The first season of Fear The Walking Dead, AMC's upcoming spin-off of The Walking Dead, hasn't even premiered yet but an extended second season is already in the cards. During the Television Critics Association Press Tour, it was announced that the second season of Fear The Walking Dead will consist of fifteen episodes, which is quite a bump up compared to the six which will make up its first season.

We already know that the first season of Fear The Walking Dead will take place in between the time of Rick's coma in The Walking Dead, but showrunner Dave Erickson said that there will still be some time to burn before we reach the point when Rick Grimes wakes up:

"By the end of Season 1 we know the world has changed and it is the end of the world as we know but it not yet at the point where Rick woke up in Georgia, we come to realize the world has changed but our characters are still insulated from all of what has happened, part of what they will see in Season 2 will be that."

Also

Fear The Walking Dead will premiere on August 23, 2015 with an extended 90 minute episode while the sixth season of The Walking Dead is set to debut on October 11, 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

Oh I just found out that Hulu will be streaming it which is handy as I already have a subscription to Hulu. I'm going to start my countdown.

• Advertisement

Fear The Walking Dead is a stupid title for a spin off series, dont know why it took so long for that to occur to me...

Thargor wrote: »
    Fear The Walking Dead is a stupid title for a spin off series, dont know why it took so long for that to occur to me...

A little explanation on it;

After AMC confirmed that the series would be called Fear the Walking Dead, critics and fans alike instantly ripped the title. Erickson and Alpert noted it was a long process to solidify the title that was what the original script was called. We wanted The Walking Dead in the title and we wanted to avoid: The Walking Dead: Los Angeles. So we put something in the beginning," Erickson said, noting that the show has become more known as Fear in the months since the series pickup (and subsequent 15-episode second season) was announced. The showrunner also previewed that Ruben has a line of dialogue that incorporates "fear in the coolest way." "There was practical reason to do it but it speaks to what the characters are going to go through and where the show is going to go to a certain degree."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Looking forward to this.

Provided we get someone in Ireland to show the damn thing!

Okay review from the AV Club who I find I usually agree with:

http://www.avclub.com/review/amcs-promising-fear-walking-dead-goes-back-beginni-223892

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think AV Club does excellent reviews, but the "grade" always ends up being higher than I would have expected reading the review. Harsh but fair critique of the episodes, but I would have expected a B- at best based on the review.

They do appreciate the pacing of Fear which is good - they criticise TWD for the pacing and say that so far it seems they have learned from the mistakes of TWD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I think AV Club does excellent reviews, but the "grade" always ends up being higher than I would have expected reading the review. Harsh but fair critique of the episodes, but I would have expected a B- at best based on the review.

They do appreciate the pacing of Fear which is good - they criticise TWD for the pacing and say that so far it seems they have learned from the mistakes of TWD.

Is it possible though that, as with TWD, its just an explosive first episode or two and then settles back down.

Hopefully it won't be, and that its mere location on the timeline means that it has to be explosive for most of the time, at least this season.

Yes LA should be in full on swarm mode, if not they'll have really messed it up. How to do that on a budget though, hope its not all poor CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thargor wrote: »
    Yes LA should be in full on swarm mode, if not they'll have really messed it up. How to do that on a budget though, hope its not all poor CGI.
    By the sounds of it that's almost certainly not going to happen in the first season. There will be some zombie action immediately though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This is just my thoughts but id be shocked if the male lead lives into the second season. I can see them trying to have a strong female lead in this series as rick is the male lead in the other walking dead show.

Sorry if I've missed it, but have the Irish viewing details been confirmed?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sorry if I've missed it, but have the Irish viewing details been confirmed?

No, there has been no official word on Irish rights apart from Setanta confirming it won't be part of their package here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I don't watch The Walking Dead season after season - have seen the odd episode and liked it.

I am considering getting in to Fear The Walking Dead from the start. Will it matter that I don't watch The Walking Dead?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I don't watch The Walking Dead season after season - have seen the odd episode and liked it.

I am considering getting in to Fear The Walking Dead from the start. Will it matter that I don't watch The Walking Dead?

It will be completely separate from The Walking Dead (and the comic) so it will make no difference if you've seen it or not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 omicron persei 8

Not overly impressed tbh.

Already dont like the main cast. I can see the couple not lasting as a couple for long. He will be too nice and willing to trust people and she will be like evil Rick

the addict son will just spend the whole series looking for heroine and the daughter will just be missing her fella until a hotter older fella comes along and then uses her and she toughens up and becomes a bad ass

imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ah well, stop watching then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

Not overly impressed tbh.

Already dont like the main cast. I can see the couple not lasting as a couple for long. He will be too nice and willing to trust people and she will be like evil Rick

the addict son will just spend the whole series looking for heroine and the daughter will just be missing her fella until a hotter older fella comes along and then uses her and she toughens up and becomes a bad ass

imo
    id use here as well it would be the best 2mins of here life:D

ah well, stop watching then.

just my opinion after 1 ep.

I'll watch them all and my opinion very well may change, as opinions often do.

naughto wrote: »
    id use here as well it would be the best 2mins of here life:D

where do i know her from?

where do i know her from?

She's also in The 100 on the CW network.

NUTZZ wrote:
    She's also in The 100 on the CW network.

That's right!!! The grounder leader girl. Looks different without the warpaint

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The son in this was in Harry Potter as Tom Riddle,spotted him playing the same junkie character in an episode of Sense8.

His father plays Stannis Baratheon in GOT.

The first episode was better than some of the reviews online,the slow buildup and the tension of knowing shit is going to hit the fan made it very watchable and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Pain in the arse that this isn't on TV in Ireland!

I may wait for it to hit DVD or Netflix etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I thought this was an excellent first episode, great acting and dialogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Pain in the arse that this isn't on TV in Ireland!

I may wait for it to hit DVD or Netflix etc.

You can watch it online.

Advertisement