Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead - News/Details/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It may not have the same viewership or even close but FTWD is actually the better show now. Not to say its brilliant, but just a lot better than the shambolic Sunday soap that TWD has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It may not have the same viewership or even close but FTWD is actually the better show now. Not to say its brilliant, but just a lot better than the shambolic Sunday soap that TWD has become.

Have to agree. Season 3 of fear the walking dead has been for the most part excellent and far superior to the main series at present

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Really didnt enjoy the second season so might dip back into it if its much better

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Garret Dillahunt
    joins the cast for season 4.

Nice. Will always be 'Cromartie' to me! Good turn in Deadwood as well. Not too often you see the same actor play two different characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jenna Elfman
    is also joining the cast as a series regular

THR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

'The Walking Dead' And 'Fear The Walking Dead' Crossover Character Announced Sunday
    The character who will crossover between either Fear the Walking Dead or The Walking Dead will be announced on Sunday night's new episode of Talking Dead.

As announced by AMC's Twitter accounts, the "character reveal" will come on November 26 at 10 pm ET during Talking Dead. Of course, the actual reveal may be held until later in the episode which airs until 11 pm ET. As announced at New York Comic Con, one character from either The Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead will appear on the other series. Robert Kirkman promises the event will take place in either Season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead or Season 9 of The Walking Dead.

With the announcement coming on the heels of the cast and crew of Fear the Walking Dead heading to Austin, Texas in preparation for production of the show's fourth season, the safe bet is that the crossover will take place on Fear the Walking Dead. As noted by Victor Strand actor Colman Domingo, fans of the AMC shows are going to spot actors on set which often reveals spoilers -- meaning the reveal is just in time for an official announcement to take place ahead fans' set photos revealing the news.

Following the announcement, speculation pointed to Michael Cudlitz reprising his Houston, Texas-based Abraham Ford character on Fear the Walking Dead. While Cudlitz says the idea is "awesome," executive producer Greg Nicotero debunked the theory on an episode of ComicBook.com's After the Dead.

Sunday's Episode 8x06 of The Walking Dead is titled, "The King, The Widow, and Rick." The officially synopsis for The King, The Widow, and Rick reads, "With things looking up for Rick and our group, an argument breaks out at the Hilltop. The consequences of the decision are life versus death."

Fear the Walking Dead returns for its fourth season in 2018. The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 pm ET on AMC. For complete coverage and insider info all season long, follow @BrandonDavisBD on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

NUTZZ wrote: »
    'The Walking Dead' And 'Fear The Walking Dead' Crossover Character Announced Sunday
    why not leave it as surprise( i know who it is now) might be practically impossible to keep it secret but you can't run your show based on people who want to spoil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Probably enjoyed FTWD more than the original series this year. The news that Gimple is joining the former as a producer, is a bad omen in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Gimple ffs that guy needs to get **** out my tv show's :mad: the last season of ftwd was amazing better than the foot dragging pace of the main show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have to agree, while there was huge missed opportunity in season 1, I think out of laziness or budget, that season 2 was a bit all over the place, other than the shocking number of coincidences, season 3 was great, and considering how much I overlook in most TV shows, the coincidences and lucky breaks were minor enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Is FTWD worth bothering with considering how TWD has turned out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its painful in parts but the latest batch of episodes are much improved, better than TWD for the last few episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

first two seasons were a bit ropey in places but i thought season 3 was excellent

Yeah I found the first season tough going (compared to earlier seasons of TWD; still better than the last 2 seasons of the main show) but the last season of FTWD in particular was A1. You actually give a **** about the characters, unlike TWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fear the Walking Dead has been renewed for season 5
    The Walking Dead's little zombie brother is starting to walk on its own. AMC has confirmed there will be a Fear The Walking Dead season 5.

AMC made the announcement at the Television Critics Association summer tour, while also confirming new seasons of Better Call Saul and McMafia.

Like Better Call Saul, the most recent season of Fear The Walking Dead hasn't even finished yet. The first half of season 4 ended on 10th June, with the explosive finale "No One's Gone." The second half of the season will begin on 12th August in the US.

It's been a tumultuous year for Fear The Walking Dead. This season saw the arrival of Morgan Jones (played by Lennie James) from The Walking Dead universe's flagship show. The show then made numerous other high profile additions to the cast including Garret Dillahunt, Maggie Grace and Jenna Elfman.

To thin out the crowd after all the new arrivals, Fear The Walking Dead killed two characters who had been around since day one: Madison (Kim Dickens) and Nick (Frank Dillane). The violent, unpredictable world of the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead has always meant that the shows can call for a mass upheaval of the cast whenever they'd like but Fear The Walking Dead season 4 was the first time either it or The Walking Dead had tried it in such a systematic fashion. The effect has been at least intriguing enough for AMC to roll the dice on season 5.

Fear The Walking Dead is showrun by Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg. Angela Kang will take over for The Walking Dead in season 9. Previous Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple is now overseeing the entire franchise. That could mean for crossovers or synergy between the two shows in future years.

More as we have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I stopped watching FTWD halfway through S3, because I found it very boring and the characters uninteresting. But, because of the series retool from S4 onwards, and Morgan joining the show, I went back and watched the episodes I missed and S4.

I keep all the main series episodes on a hard-drive, with plans to rewatch the series whenever it finishes. I deleted the first three seasons of FTWD when I originally stopped watching the show. I never plan to revisit those episodes.

However, S4 has been decent. But, if I rewatch it in the future, I only want a more or less Morgan-centred version, to watch between Seasons 8 and 9 of the main series. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone else, maybe fans of the main series that only want Morgan's story? Anyways...

The Walking Dead - Season 8.II (aka Fear The Walking Dead - Season 4)

The Walking Dead - S8.IIE1, What's Your Story
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE2, Good Out Here
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE3, Laura*
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE4, No One's Gone
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE5, People Like Us
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE6, The Code
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE7, Weak
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE8, MM 54
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE9, I Lose People...
    The Walking Dead - S8.IIE10, ...I Lose Myself

*You don't need to see this episode either, if you just want Morgan's story, but it's a great episode, and one I would rewatch with the Morgan episodes.

There you have it, a 10-episode season (vs a 16-episode season) that focuses mainly on Morgan's journey, and cuts out any episodes overly focused on Madison (ugh), Alicia, Nick, Strand, or Luciana.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Personally I’m not a big Morgan fan so thanks for the list of episodes I should avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Jaysus what did he do to deserve this? :mad:

The Walking Dead star Austin Amelio is headed to Fear the Walking Dead to serve as the next crossover character between the two AMC shows.

Having been entirely absent from The Walking Dead's ninth season, Amelio will reprise his role as Dwight on Fear the Walking Dead, ComicBook.com has learned from multiple sources involved with the series.

The move follows the crossover lead previously carried out by Morgan Jones actor Lennie James. James joined Fear the Walking Dead in its fourth season and has since become the show's lead actor. With Amelio, James, Jenna Elfman, Garret Dillahunt, and Maggie Grace all having joined Fear the Walking Dead within the past two years, the show continues to transition away from its original cast and into something new.

Original cast members Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, and Danay Garcia remain on Fear the Walking Dead to begin Season Five.

Dwight was last seen on The Walking Dead in its Season Eight finale when Daryl Dixon exiled him from Alexandria and told him never to return. It appears Dwight is doing just that, allowing Amelio to head to his home state of Texas for production on the sibling series which is set years prior to The Walking Dead's current Whisperer story in Season Nine.

Speaking to members of the press at San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, the Dead universe's chief content officer Scott Gimple was quick to not rule out any possible crossovers in the future despite The Walking Dead seeing a massive time jump.

“It does not

,” Gimple said. “That’s about all I got to say. It does not but I wouldn’t expect it all the time. Things could happen. You never know who might pop up on Fear the Walking Dead. That includes The Walking Dead and potentially people in the past from Fear the Walking Dead.”

At the time, the plan to have Amelio and his Dwight character join Fear the Walking Dead in its fifth season was already in motion.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/01/02/the-walking-dead-dwight-austin-ameli-crossover-fear/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fear The Walking Dead Season 6 will start in October, with the first episode airing in the UK on BT TV channel AMC on Monday 12th October 2020 – one day after it’s US premiere.
    Through time jumps, Fear the Walking Dead season 6 could see the spin-off finally catch up to The Walking Dead in terms of the show’s timeline. For the most part, The Walking Dead has been ahead, especially since it was on the air for four whole seasons before the spinoff series premiered, plus the fact that Fear the Walking Dead kicked off at the very beginning of the apocalypse. At this point, there’s still several years between them.

Fear the Walking Dead jumped forward by two years at the start of season 4, putting the show on the same page as the main series for the first time. This enabled AMC to give Morgan (Lennie James) a smooth transition from one show to the other. The two shows going at the same pace didn’t last for very long, though. The Walking Dead leaped way ahead early in season 9 when it featured a massive six-year time skip. Now, Fear the Walking Dead is approximately seven years behind, as the setting is still 2013. The Walking Dead, on the other hand, is well into 2020, and has been for quite some time.

Season 6 Promo:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Guess no one is watching this anymore lol

fritzelly wrote: »
    Guess no one is watching this anymore lol

Have season 5 on Blu Ray. Meant to watch it during lockdown, perhaps it will be a Level 5 viewing...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Only if you want to be more depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

bazz26 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind so much if there was any character I like but I don't and Morgan is the worst of them all
    Watched the last one but was more in the background than taking notice

bazz26 wrote: »

Wasn't too bad. Made a change from the US election and Covid. Helped that I had no expectations of quality. Will agree that Morgan is one of the most annoying characters. Imagine if one was to track his progress across the shows he would rank among the most insane in terms of traits and actions.

Will probably watch season 6 at some stage next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'm actually enjoying the new season. Must be something wrong with me !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Nah the new season is good despite the rangers or cowboys or whatever they're called being sub-par. Only watched the first three episodes but they have all been good in their own ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good season.

Advertisement