Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I seen bags of funsize Snickers for sale in Dealz the other day, packaged by some other random company. Is that legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Documentary on UK TV showed the pound shop trick with branded goods.
    They are cheaper because they are smaller sizes.

the weight is written on the packet, clear as day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

et101 wrote: »
    Am a regular shopper in Dealz and have never noticed any problems with their products.

Get stuff there occasionally and I have noticed some issues:

VGA cables tried two of them, they are rubbish signal has loads of interference.

Finish dishwasher tablets are definitely not the same as the ones in the regular supermarkets even though packaging/tablets look the same. Not good.

Bought an SD card reader, it corrupted the SD card.

Got lots of OK stuff there too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Documentary on UK TV showed the pound shop trick with branded goods.
    They are cheaper because they are smaller sizes.

Dealz had some cheap lucozade not so long ago where the competition on the label was over.

I wouldn't worry about that too much as long as the bottle size was the same. I've often bought products with on pack promotions/competitions in "regular" stores and supermarkets that were over.

It's quite expensive for companies to produce different sizes of the same product; there's lots of packaging and printing costs, non-standard sizes have then to be palletised and stored and transported etc., all of which affect the economies of scale (and therefore profit margin) of the regular product. So a lot of companies just give it more hassle than it's worth to produce them and just reduce the price a little on the regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Got a HDMI cable for my for 1.50, that Tesco next door wanted 20 quid for. Has been working perfectly.

Also got two small halogen bulbs for a kitchen lamp for 1.50, that Tesco had for 13 for *one*. Has been working perfectly too, though I've not checked the meter to see if it's eating up electricity!

• Advertisement

you can buy cd's album for 1.50 handy lots of 90's stuff which I love

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If anyone is in Dealz in the next few days, could you check if the TicTac 4packs are promotional rewards packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dealz actually sells a vibrator and yes it costs €1.50 :o
    I wish I was making that up but I saw it in the Blachardstown outlet :pac:

Of all things .... a vibrator!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

The seaweed ones are a nice accompaniment to wine or beer, the caramel ones are a bit too sweet for me, but I'd eat them if I was hungry.

Made the grave error of buying these yesterday...... Oh my lord, they're gorgeous. Diet out the window :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

yellow hen wrote: »
    Made the grave error of buying these yesterday...... Oh my lord, they're gorgeous. Diet out the window :(

The problem I find with them is you open a packet "for a few"...and then finish the pack....and sometimes go back for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

They've been selling them for a couple of years by now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

The problem I find with them is you open a packet "for a few"...and then finish the pack....and sometimes go back for a second.

I only bought one bag assuming they'd be rank. Will be going back for a cart load of them get time. So moreish

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

FanadMan wrote: »

They also have the lube in Galway. I sh*t you not.

All Shampoos & Conditioners are 3 for 2 this week
    Herbal Essences, Garnier, Schwarzkopf etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

HAHA that's putting the zzz in Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Dealz were doing boxes of After Eight (140g) bogof at €1.49 when I was in it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I noticed in it today, must be new on the shelves as it now has Tassimo Carte Noire - Cafe Long Delicat & Morning Cafe for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I noticed in it today, must be new on the shelves as it now has Tassimo Carte Noire - Cafe Long Delicat & Morning Cafe for €4

in deals? must check it out, the morning cafe isnt great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

For some reason the dealz site only shows stuff for 1.49.

In the actual shops I notice higher price stuff more & more. I saw large boxes of kelloggs crunchy nut cornflakes, maybe 3 or 4 euro.

Here's the pics of the Tassimo in Dealz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

FanadMan wrote: »

Hands free

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thread title needs to be changed to "Dealz Deals" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

3 euro vouchers are back. Till spit this evening, valid until Christmas eve. 3 off 18.

3 for 2 on Dental products this week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

4 X 300g Tins Heinz beans for €1.49 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here's the pics of the Tassimo in Dealz

Are they €4 or €1.49?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are they €4 or €1.49?

€4 as i found out not everything is €1.49 :D

I was seeking vacuum storage bags from aliexpress, buyincoins et al, but it seems Dealz is cheaper than buying direct.
    Go figure.

My local Dealz has hundreds of Christmas branded chocolates left, but don't seem to be reduced. Has anyone seen them reduced in other stores?

Also saw 10 fresh eggs shortdated of 02/01 reduced to 37c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snubbleste wrote: »
    Also saw 10 fresh eggs shortdated of 02/01 reduced to 37c
    I was in dealz before and overheard 2 workers talking about throwing out all the eggs, loads of them, and saying how crazy it was as they were all still well in date. Apparently the law says they cannot be sold close to the best before date, it was a good while too, like 5 maybe even 10 days, I can't find it now.

I can see after they are laid there is a max 28 day BB they can put on them, and must be on sale 10 days after laying.

It then dawned on me that I didn't recall ever seeing eggs on sale in tesco in the section where they are near the use by or BB date.

I guessed maybe they use them in their own bakery.

I can only find this

https://www.fsai.ie/assets/0/86/204/d1e0f1d9-ef79-46d8-bbb5-62265b2a2034.pdf
    Eggs must be delivered to the
    consumer within a maximum time limit of 21 days
    of laying.

So if the BB date must be a max of 28 days, this could read that you cannot offer for sale or "deliver to the consumer" 7 days before that BB date. Maybe I am picking it up wrong though.

Advertisement