Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

3x160g Tuna flakes in brine €1.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

snubbleste wrote: »

33-Cent-Store-Screenshot-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Picked this up in dealz in tallaght today.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/262104790600?_mwBanner=1

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Warning, may not contain any tuna

DZ1933_Replay_Carousel_990x314.jpg

• Advertisement

Dealz increasing their pricepoint by 1c to €1.50 from 23 April
    Shocking, shocking.

Also spend €8 get a tillspit for €3 off €18 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never in my life have I heard a receipt called a "tillspit"!

Thargor wrote: »
    Wha, like never, never ever?
    It's when a till issues a coupon, points or other offer. It spits it out so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Wha, like never, never ever?
    It's when a till issues a coupon, points or other offer. It spits it out so to speak.

How about tillspurt? Or till****? Both equally as cromulent as tillspit.
    Telpus. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How about tillspurt? Or till****? Both equally as cromulent as tillspit.
    Telpus. ;-)

I call them a tillsplooge myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thargor wrote: »

retail term ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

retail term ;)

Crikey I've been in retail for 20 years and never heard it called that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

BrianJD wrote: »
    Crikey I've been in retail for 20 years and never heard it called that!!

Always said where I work. ah well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also spend €8 get a tillspit for €3 off €18 spend.
    the €1.50 means you can now just get 12 standard items to reach €18.

You would need to get 6 standard items to get to €9 and get the €3 off. So its like €3 off a spend of €27, or ~11% off.

Though there are more and more items at €2 and different prices now, in which case you could spend just €26

Does anyone know if these are the same memory foam insoles as the €1.50 in Dealz? They look the same, anyone bought them?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/From-directly-factory-Soft-comfortable-Memory-foam-insole-pain-relief-1pair-free-shipping/32451709639.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Does anyone know if these are the same memory foam insoles as the €1.50 in Dealz? They look the same, anyone bought them?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/From-directly-factory-Soft-comfortable-Memory-foam-insole-pain-relief-1pair-free-shipping/32451709639.html

Genuine question- what function would they perform?

damian139 wrote: »
    Genuine question- what function would they perform?
    Molds to your feet for comfort
    One size fits all, simply cut down the insole to fit your shoe size
    Relives pressure on the ball of your foot, bunions, swollen feet and joints
    Increases your stability by cradling your foot and preventing foot roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Molds to your feet for comfort
    One size fits all, simply cut down the insole to fit your shoe size
    Relives pressure on the ball of your foot, bunions, swollen feet and joints
    Increases your stability by cradling your foot and preventing foot roll

In reality they are a load of boll*x...like all insoles....and like their €1.50 kite that doesn't fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

In reality they are a load of boll*x...like all insoles....and like their €1.50 kite that doesn't fly.

The hard insoles I was told about by a doctor work for me, I used to get terrible blisters and pains in my feet after walking for a few hours, I still get some pain but nowhere near as much now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

The hard insoles I was told about by a doctor work for me, I used to get terrible blisters and pains in my feet after walking for a few hours, I still get some pain but nowhere near as much now.

If you have pain in your feet from walking get a scan and orthotics, cost about €300 but last years (wife swears by them)
    The things on dealz are a waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If you have pain in your feet from walking get a scan and orthotics, cost about €300 but last years (wife swears by them)
    The things on dealz are a waste of time

Sorry that's what I meant, my mistake! I was lucky enough that I didn't need custom ones made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I had similar insoles to these, think I bought them in Dealz actually and they're rubbish, they are just foam that flattens out pretty fast, don't mould anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

If you don't have 300 lying to spend on a pair of custom insoles, I find some of the 'professional' insoles that turn up in Lidl for a fiver or sometime reduced in Mountain Warehouse (normally around 17) to be great. Really do make a big difference when it comes to comfort and alleviating sore feet syndrome.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They have some Bluray for €1.50. Picked up Troll Hunter and Ong Bak 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

They have some Bluray for €1.50. Picked up Troll Hunter and Ong Bak 3

I seen them when I was last in i thought to myself wow dealz are selling blurays

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Luno wrote: »
    I had similar insoles to these, think I bought them in Dealz actually and they're rubbish, they are just foam that flattens out pretty fast, don't mould anyways
    Look up Orthotic Insoles on fleabay, I got some super ones for about 10 sterling, I had foot pain that disappeared when I fitted these.
    They are Not soft but are moulded to the shape that your sole should be at. They are surprisingly comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Currently selling lightweight cabin size trolley case for €10. 1.5kg is about as lightweight as you'll get for a trolley case. Quality is better than you might expect for €10. Selling fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fdevine wrote: »
    Currently selling lightweight cabin size trolley case for €10. 1.5kg is about as lightweight as you'll get for a trolley case. Quality is better than you might expect for €10. Selling fast.

where was this dealz? some stores have more of the larger stuff whiles others have very few. e.g. dun laoghaire has far less than stillorgan.

fdevine wrote: »
    But Argos sez: IT [URL="[url]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9139518.htm[/url]"]World's Lightest 2 Wheel Cabin Case - 1.6kg[/URL]

Argos cannae be lying to me, can they? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

rubadub wrote: »
    where was this dealz? some stores have more of the larger stuff whiles others have very few. e.g. dun laoghaire has far less than stillorgan.

Blanchardstown

Advertisement