Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

crisco10 wrote: »
    Finally got around to booking flights for Quarter final weekend....in and out of Cardiff, Friday night to Sunday night for €250. Not too bad when all said and done. (With FlyBe)

How handy is it to get to the airport from Millennium Stadium and does it take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I think there's a train from the airport to Cardiff City centre, right by the stadium. No idea how long it takes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Teferi wrote: »
    Best way to get from London to Cardiff on the 19th of August anyone? The trains are mad prices at the moment.

London-Bristol then Bristol to Cardiff?

Sail Rail ticket to Rosslare and just get off in Cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MJD90

Hi all,

I have tickets for the France Ireland game. Going to go Friday to Monday. Was thinking about staying in Swansea and travelling to Cardiff day of the match? Would people recommend doing this or what do you reckon would be the best way of going about this?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got my Ireland v Italy ticket that I bought from a fellow Pack member, waiting for my Ireland v Romania ticket but only bought it three weeks ago, since I didn't know with my Pack shifts what days I'd be on
    Mushy wrote: »
    Even £50 for the Canada game. And they're the cheapest tickets. They've made a meal out of it trying to fleece fans. France v Canada is cheaper too. I think a large part of the problem is the exchange rate too though, but £30 is more than enough for these tickets.

Some of the games in the North had £15 tickets, game in MK that was £35, so cheaper tickets were available. Prices have to be that high because that is all the income England 2015 will get for the tournament and to cover the costs. They get none of the merchandise cuts etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I think there's a train from the airport to Cardiff City centre, right by the stadium. No idea how long it takes

Yeah, there's a train. Takes about 30-45 mins if memory serves. Also a selection of private bus operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

MJD90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have tickets for the France Ireland game. Going to go Friday to Monday. Was thinking about staying in Swansea and travelling to Cardiff day of the match? Would people recommend doing this or what do you reckon would be the best way of going about this?

Did this for HEC final in 2011. Was fine; although last train was about midnight and by the time we got back to Swansea the buzz was a bit gone from the group. So i reckon we lost a few hours good partying time that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Anyone else flying in and out of london. Thinking of doing the munster supports bus (shudders). More expensive but guessing will be able to have a beer or 2 and a bit of atmosphere on the way to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Anyone else flying in and out of london. Thinking of doing the munster supports bus (shudders). More expensive but guessing will be able to have a beer or 2 and a bit of atmosphere on the way to the game

Flying to Heathrow and hiring a car, google maps says its 2h17m.

Dubal

dubal wrote: »
    Flying to Heathrow and hiring a car, google maps says its 2h17m.

Dubal

Cool. couldnt do it myself definitely want to be able to have a few pints to celebrate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

France tickets up again.

Cool. couldnt do it myself definitely want to be able to have a few pints to celebrate

I have no plans on driving until late Monday afternoon :D

Dubal

Cool cardiff too expensive for me at this stage. I will head back to london after france game. At the moment just need to work out where to stay on the saturday qf weekend as im heading to both games.

Cool cardiff too expensive for me at this stage. I will head back to london after france game. At the moment just need to work out where to stay on the saturday qf weekend as im heading to both games.

For those games we're hiring a camper van and parking it in a Cardiff rugby club.

Dubal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm staying in Bristol for that weekend. As is Swiwi and probably others. It's the easiest thing at this point, even if a bit far out (and getting home after sat game and back for sun game will be a pain in the ass).

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'm staying in Bristol for that weekend. As is Swiwi and probably others. It's the easiest thing at this point, even if a bit far out (and getting home after sat game and back for sun game will be a pain in the ass).

We are doing the same for the opening weekend.

Ireland v Canada on the Sat and going to Wales v Uruguay on the Sunday too for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Call from DHL this morning to say delivery man is at house door with tickets.
    Italy game, ordered back in initial ballot.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Anyone heading to the Canada game with midland travel?

Looked at bristol but that looks booked out now too

Do we think any more tickets for the final will become available. At this stage it would be tough to travel over for all the other matches and sit at home for the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Do we think any more tickets for the final will become available. At this stage it would be tough to travel over for all the other matches and sit at home for the final

I imagine (but could well be wrong) that there'll be a few tickets available to supporters of the finalists but I don't think that there will be any more tickets available to the general public. That's based on the ticket website describing tickets for the final as 'sold out' whereas for other games it just says 'Currently unavailable'. Pure speculation on my part.

Edit: If money is no object there are hospitality tickets available starting at £1,195.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Got a CAT C ticket for the final and a CAT D for the sunday semi final 7 days ago at approx 6.00pm.
    Couldn't believe it when I saw them available. Even at that I missed out on a CAT D for the final as they were there too.

I have been obsessed with the ticketing website though...
    Although it has paid off. Also picked up 2 CAT D for french game yesterday. Although they ended up costing £65 each thanks to seperate handling/postage fees...grrrrrr!

Yeah i got one for the semi. To be honest if ireland made it to the world cup final id probably pay the hospitality price but cant justify it without knowing for sure we would be there. At the moment im only 90% confident

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clannuisnigh

Has anyone seen or heard of a Dublin to Cardiff bus thats same day return for the Ireland France game? Have my ticket but have to be back in Dublin on 11th, and flights are nigh on €400 return right now for Cardiff or Bristol same day returns

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Anyone heading to the Canada game with midland travel?

forever-alone-on-the-bus_fb_554946.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Finding it very hard to get any decent accommodation in London now.

Anybody any tips?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What games are you going to TiltedBrain?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

NZ Vs Namibia and Ireland Vs Romania

Flying into Stansted the 24th, and flying out the 28th for 120 return.

Finding it very hard to get any decent accommodation in London now.

Anybody any tips?
    Have you used booking.com. Depends on what you consider decent.

• Advertisement

Have you used booking.com. Depends on what you consider decent.

Nothing decent on there anywhere near the stadiums. Would be a case of looking outside and being able to travel in

Advertisement