Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL GEM 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

Not sure if this will help, but I'm going in to a graduate diploma and I got my orientation pack today so you guys might also get them in the next few days.

Thank you! We should be getting ours soon then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Med2014

Hi I'm after getting a place in ul too. Still looking for accommodation and to hear from the bank! Just wondering if someone would post link to the Facebook grp here please- I can't find it.. Thanks looking forward to meeting everyone and getting settled :-)

Med2014 wrote: »
    Hi I'm after getting a place in ul too. Still looking for accommodation and to hear from the bank! Just wondering if someone would post link to the Facebook grp here please- I can't find it.. Thanks looking forward to meeting everyone and getting settled :-)

Congrats!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/546538502126796/

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Anyone finished the online enrolment yet? I have a quick question about mine. On the final page of mine they state the programme type is undergraduate. It should be post grad yes? Anyone else have the same, or different? Should I send them an email to verify?

TGJD wrote: »
    Anyone finished the online enrolment yet? I have a quick question about mine. On the final page of mine they state the programme type is undergraduate. It should be post grad yes? Anyone else have the same, or different? Should I send them an email to verify?

The course is technically an undergraduate course as it is a Level 8 degree. Post grad courses are level 9.

• Advertisement

RainBow_xo wrote: »
    The course is technically an undergraduate course as it is a Level 8 degree. Post grad courses are level 9.

Ah cheers. Makes sense. You all sorted?

Ah cheers. Makes sense. You all sorted?

Finished my online enrolement today! Eeek :O

Finished my online enrolement today! Eeek :O

Must finish mine tonight. Not long to go now until the 4th. It will be weird to be back in college. Hopefully the workload is manageable and the class is friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

It's all getting very real now! Where is everyone staying? :)

Lub wrote: »
    It's all getting very real now! Where is everyone staying? :)

Park mews i believe it's called. Niceish place, cheap rent and safe parking.

• Advertisement

When do our garda vetting forms need to be in?

When do our garda vetting forms need to be in?

We must bring it in with us to orientation.

We must bring it in with us to orientation.

Cheers. I'll get it sorted this week so.

Cheers. I'll get it sorted this week so.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get mine done :rolleyes:

Well just got my fees paid there. All set now, pressures on now I guess! Everyone ready for next week?

Well just got my fees paid there. All set now, pressures on now I guess! Everyone ready for next week?

Did you use the Ulster Bank loan to pay your fees? If you did, have you received a receipt from them?

Did you use the Ulster Bank loan to pay your fees? If you did, have you received a receipt from them?

Boi and I have a receipt yeah.

Boi and I have a receipt yeah.

Oh :o Paid with UB but I haven't received a receipt yet :rolleyes:

My loan was approved the other day so now I have to get the giro and I'll be good to go! See you all very soon. Eeek!

My loan was approved the other day so now I have to get the giro and I'll be good to go! See you all very soon. Eeek!

It's all becoming so real! See you soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

hope you all know what you are letting yourselves in for!

Hey, anyone know what we need to have with us at orientation tomorrow? I know I saw a list somewhere but can't seem to find it now and I have to drive to limerick later so don't want to forget anything vital. Cheers lads.

Hey, anyone know what we need to have with us at orientation tomorrow? I know I saw a list somewhere but can't seem to find it now and I have to drive to limerick later so don't want to forget anything vital. Cheers lads.

Passport/Birth Cert
    Garda vetting form
    Degree parchment
    Proof of fee payment
    That's all I can think of right now :P

Passport/Birth Cert
    Garda vetting form
    Degree parchment
    Proof of fee payment
    That's all I can think of right now :P

Legend thanks! I had forgotten degree parchment entirely. Seems like an odd request after needing transcripts for the application in the first place.

Proof of fee payment

Do we have to request a receipt from the bank for this? :)

Do we have to request a receipt from the bank for this? :)

You should have gotten it when you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cymini Sectores

Congrats to those who got everything sorted. Hopefully you are happy at UL... As a non-science, the PBL thingy was all too scary for me, anyway, good luck to you all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 GEM2015

I was wondering if anyone who got a score of 53 was offered a place in CAO round 0 for UL GEM 2014?

I scored 53 in March during final year of college and really don't want to have to take a year out to apply for GEM in UL again. The round 0 offers are out on July 30th but the wait is killing me. I have applied for GAMSAT UK in Birmingham come September and if I don't get a round 0 offer I am quitting my job to focus more on study for the month of August rather than just studying after work.

Any information from someone who got offered UL in 2014 with a score of 53 would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

GEM2015 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone who got a score of 53 was offered a place in CAO round 0 for UL GEM 2014?

I scored 53 in March during final year of college and really don't want to have to take a year out to apply for GEM in UL again. The round 0 offers are out on July 30th but the wait is killing me. I have applied for GAMSAT UK in Birmingham come September and if I don't get a round 0 offer I am quitting my job to focus more on study for the month of August rather than just studying after work.

Any information from someone who got offered UL in 2014 with a score of 53 would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, yes several people with a score of 53 got offered round 0 places in UL. i took a year out between finishing undergrad and starting med...i wish i had just gone straight through but in the bigger picture it doesn't make a difference, and the years money you will make will definitely stand to you, medicine is expensive as a course!

Hope you get round 0, let us know how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 GEM2015

dublindoctor thank you very much for your reply.

I was just wondering are you currently studying GEM in UL? Just wondering how you know that people with a 53 got offered round 0 places? Is that from talking to classmates??

I am doing my best to come to terms with a year out and having money in my pocket but the financial issue isn't a huge concern for me. I plan to live at home for the course and I have a guarantor lined up for my loan. The issue of being a year older is more of a concern for me.

Advertisement