Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fancy Waady in the next at Sandown. Was impressed with his last win. This is the part of the season where the classic generation begin taking on the older horses so I'm staking accordingly until we see are they a decent crop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

The Grey Gatsby 9/2

Spencer is going to sit behind Golden Horn all the way round. Pounce 2 furlongs out and win! I'm the biggest Gatsby fan, so I have to be this way. and Golden Horn is not infallible

Gatsby, Horn correct forecast too!

BumperD wrote: »
    Fancy Waady in the next at Sandown. Was impressed with his last win. This is the part of the season where the classic generation begin taking on the older horses so I'm staking accordingly until we see are they a decent crop.

Nice drift too :D

Tried a random Trixie

Penhill 6/1 2:50
    Jellicle Ball 4/1 3.10
    The Grey Gatsby 9/2 3.45

Trixie is down.

The Grey Gatsby it is then. All aboard that single!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I fancy Great Hall in the Old Newton Cup- 2 50 Haydock,this fellow will be suited by whatever juice is in the ground due to overwatering and is well handicapped in an always competitive race.
    I am having a few quid on Gabrials Star in the same race as the horse has been running well over longer trips but seems better over a mile and a half.
    A few quid ew on both is my bet.

Lucy Wadham is better known as a jumps trainer but she appears to have a very good filly in Lady Tiana who runs in the group 2 Yorkshire Oaks.
    Beaten into 3rd last time by Miss Marjurie I fully expect Lady Tiana to come out on top this time and the softer the ground today the bigger the bet should be.

A real battler when she gets the ground to her liking this is the days best bet for me ew.
    A winner in great style and a fairly big profit secured thanks to Lady Tiana,i am posting a tip on tips thread if anyones interested.

Bah...

Not a fancy but ocean glendore bellewstown has been attracting steady support all morning. Trainer does know how to land a touch so worth keeping an eye on.

I've gone ahead and backed this at 8/1 to win. I was watching it since early am & there were certain aspects to its profile which stood out. Its maiden hurdle form has worked out well so you'd hope today is the day. Money appears to be sustained. Hard to be confident when you have no info & I've dipped my toe into one of these gambles before & nearly ended up losing a foot - hoping for a better outcome this time.

Good grief. People good burnt on havana beat gamble there at Sandown. 5/2 into 6/4 fav. Aidan O'Briens cast off eye of the storm won fair & square

Not a fancy but ocean glendore bellewstown has been attracting steady support all morning. Trainer does know how to land a touch so worth keeping an eye on.
    I've gone ahead and backed this at 8/1 to win. I was watching it since early am & there were certain aspects to its profile which stood out. Its maiden hurdle form has worked out well so you'd hope today is the day. Money appears to be sustained. Hard to be confident when you have no info & I've dipped my toe into one of these gambles before & nearly ended up losing a foot - hoping for a better outcome this time.

Get in there :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3Z8qG7AKo

• Advertisement

I see sds sticks around Ayr to ride doc charm in the 4:45. Has dropped 15lbs from when competing here in a class 2 last yr. He's won over the cd and down to a class 5 with a decent pilot back in the launch position 10/1 looks a bit of value.

I see sds sticks around Ayr to ride doc charm in the 4:45. Has dropped 15lbs from when competing here in a class 2 last yr. He's won over the cd and down to a class 5 with a decent pilot back in the launch position 10/1 looks a bit of value.

A general 6/1 chance now. Someone else must also fancy him.

I think Tindaro 9/2 is overpriced in the 3.50, but Perfect Timing (one of my faves is in the race too).

I am conflicted, but gone with Tindaro

tinodz wrote: »
    I think Tindaro 9/2 is overpriced in the 3.50, but Perfect Timing (one of my faves is in the race too).

I am conflicted, but gone with Tindaro

I chose wrong.

1st Perfect Timing
    2nd Tindaro

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hate when that happens.

Great ride from Joey in the last there, he's very good from the front. (didnt have a bet)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great ride from Joey in the last there, he's very good from the front. (didnt have a bet)

donncha very poor from behind :D

A short hd:(

mailburner wrote: »
    donncha very poor from behind :D

If you're talking through your pocket/arse im sure it was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Slattsy wrote: »
    If you're talking through your pocket/arse im sure it was ;)

my mistake...he did everything possible to try and win on the fav :pac:

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    my mistake...he did everything possible to try and win on the fav :pac:

Ha ha.
    I thought he won rather cosily.

Have had a nibble ew on Go far in ayr 16/1.

Have had a nibble ew on Go far in ayr 16/1.

Well beaten.

Fancy conscience in the last at roscommon ew 20/1

Fancy conscience in the last at roscommon ew 20/1

Well beaten 6th @ 40/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm after backing Charms Bracelet in the 7:00 Naas EW at 33/1. Hoping for at least a place, I like O'Sullivan as a trainer.

I like Misterchippy tonight in the last at Naas. This is his trip!

Fancy Jan van hoof in the last at nmk 7/2 tomorrow. Last run working out well and open to more progress than the rest of the small field, worthy fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

highly sprung-2 30 car--melabi 2 50 don -lumiere -4 55 newmarket -war strike 4 10 car mythical moment 5 20 car
    A bit more than just fancies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

highly sprung-2 30 car--melabi 2 50 don -lumiere -4 55 newmarket -war strike 4 10 car mythical moment 5 20 car
    A bit more than just fancies

Very nice work !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement