Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I am giving Duke Of Medina 8/1 (Leopardstown 8:30) a shot tonight. Second time out with blinkers (which seemed to help last time, but came up against better horses).Also, lowest weight in the race.

No luck. The jockey weirdly took him from last to first 5 furlongs out for some reason. I was expecting him to try that closer to end of the race. Horse then faded from first back to last by the time it ended.

Jock has 1000s races behind him, so not sure why he would use weird tactics like that

I am taking the big 8/1 on Tiggy Wiggy (Ascot 3.40) tomorrow

Back on the ideal trip is enough to make me want to be aboard. Last few races she was forced to try adapt to distance - she can just run her little heart out tomorrow and give her best. Still has a lot to beat though.

Tiggy Wiggy is one of the few out there that make me celebrate her winning even if I did not have a bet on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hootenanny & Lucida for me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Fancy Rotherwick in the 5:00pm Ascot. Beaten lto by the derby 2nd and the 3rd in that race stravagante went in nto in very impressive fashion & thought good enough to contest a Grp 2 on Friday here. Another monster field so will be staking accordingly but 25/1 ew looks value or 20/1 6 places.

Ew landed.

Two fancies for me tomorrow. Just watched some videos on youtube and Spencer has given his mount in the first a shout. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's had a good run of late & seems to be enjoying things at present. He has a good record in this race, bagging it 4 times. He says Ashadihan is his best chance of the week & the trainer/jockey combo have just been touched off hd & shd already so maybe they can go one better. Only once raced but did win easily though the form doesn't look anything special. Still, came from near last and responded well when asked to pick up so 14/1 ew might represent a bit of value in a fillies minefield.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20150528/2515588/14921960

Poor old Queen needs to bag a race this week and her last chance is in the 5:35pm in the shape of Fabricate. Last couple of runs have worked out ok form wise. Appleby will have a good line on the selection so is feared but I'm going to have a go that the Queen won't leave Ascot empty handed and that Adam Kirby will ensure Michael Bell's head is still in place come 6pm tomorrow. Ew 7/1.

Also wrapping both in an ew double. GL tomorrow

• Advertisement

Fabricate NR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I am taking the big 8/1 on Tiggy Wiggy (Ascot 3.40) tomorrow

Back on the ideal trip is enough to make me want to be aboard. Last few races she was forced to try adapt to distance - she can just run her little heart out tomorrow and give her best. Still has a lot to beat though.

Tiggy Wiggy is one of the few out there that make me celebrate her winning even if I did not have a bet on.

Im backing Tiggy myself but im 90% sure 5 is her ideal trip with a slight ease in the ground. She gets the 6 perfectly fine but there will be sronger finishers like Hootenany and Limato in the field. hopefully shes 3 clear at half way and hangs on from there!

I felt like something was up with Tiggy Wiggy even after just 1f - did not get into the correct position to give her a chance at all :(

I felt like something was up with Tiggy Wiggy even after just 1f - did not get into the correct position to give her a chance at all :(

As i feared she didnt seem to let herself down on the ground

Nice bet on Lucida here, really fancy her.

• Advertisement

Draw killed her.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Draw killed her.

Manning didnt help her either. theres dropping in and then theres that

A bit of both, best horse i think. Raging, wont get 7/2 on her again.

Backed Atronereus here, nice each bet at 10s i think .
    Still think this lad is well ahead of the handicapper, trip and ground ideal and love Perrett as a trainer to get one ready for these big races.

Each way money landed again!

Two small singles, and a small EW Double for me just for fun...

Vive Ma Fille 20/1 EW (Ascot 5:35)
    Jonnie Skull 18/1 EW (Newmarket 6:00)

cltCPAz.jpg

I am going to give Lady Artemis 3/1 (Down Royal 9.00) a fair shot, as I do not trust the fave at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ascot
    3.40 Eagle Top 4/1
    5.45 Wicklow Brave 11/8

I am going to give Lady Artemis 3/1 (Down Royal 9.00) a fair shot, as I do not trust the fave at all

No luck today at all :(

• Advertisement

Two fancies for me tomorrow. Just watched some videos on youtube and Spencer has given his mount in the first a shout. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's had a good run of late & seems to be enjoying things at present. He has a good record in this race, bagging it 4 times. He says Ashadihan is his best chance of the week & the trainer/jockey combo have just been touched off hd & shd already so maybe they can go one better. Only once raced but did win easily though the form doesn't look anything special. Still, came from near last and responded well when asked to pick up so 14/1 ew might represent a bit of value in a fillies minefield.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20150528/2515588/14921960

Poor old Queen needs to bag a race this week and her last chance is in the 5:35pm in the shape of Fabricate. Last couple of runs have worked out ok form wise. Appleby will have a good line on the selection so is feared but I'm going to have a go that the Queen won't leave Ascot empty handed and that Adam Kirby will ensure Michael Bell's head is still in place come 6pm tomorrow. Ew 7/1.

Also wrapping both in an ew double. GL tomorrow

2nd & a NR. Any day that you take more back off than you put on counts as a good day.

Going with a few shorties tomorrow. No beating about the bush, a treble ballydoyle 7/4, Mashoob 15/8 and Brazen Beau 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

In the 3.05 at Ascot going for a bit of a value with an EW bet on Provenance 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

My bets for today
    Lucky fifteen;
    Mica mika 3.30 ayr-13/2
    Luis vas de Torres 5.25 ayr-7/2
    Sydney ruffdiamond 3.50 Redcar-7/1
    No delusion-3.20 newm-9/4

€10 win
    Suits you 2.30 ascot-14/1
    €10 e/w
    Rene Mathis wokingham-33/1 (Paddy power paying 6 places)

I am going to give Ascot a shot today with a bunch of EW bets - thanks to a quite weekend.

Dessertoflife 16/1 EW (2.30)
    Educate 18/1 EW (3.05)
    Red Cadeaux 40/1 EW (3.40)
    Tropics 12/1 EW (4.20)
    Zarwaan 16/1 EW (5.00)
    Times Up 12/1 EW (5.35)

All small bets, and level stakes. Something out of it would be nice!

My bets for today
    Lucky fifteen;
    Mica mika 3.30 ayr-13/2
    Luis vas de Torres 5.25 ayr-7/2
    Sydney ruffdiamond 3.50 Redcar-7/1
    No delusion-3.20 newm-9/4

€10 win
    Suits you 2.30 ascot-14/1
    €10 e/w
    Rene Mathis wokingham-33/1 (Paddy power paying 6 places)

Gtfi!!!!! :)

Going with a few shorties tomorrow. No beating about the bush, a treble ballydoyle 7/4, Mashoob 15/8 and Brazen Beau 3/1

Ugh. That went south in the first

Anyone who backed the second or third in the chesham with paddy power,its money back as a free bet

Rene Mathis - you've been backing that fella since the end of the war droidy:D

• Advertisement

Rene Mathis - you've been backing that fella since the end of the war droidy:D

Ha-ha yeah,he owes me nothing tbf.although to be honest I think his half brother,Johnny mathis, would have a better chance today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement