Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I am backing Captain Scooby in the 5 15 at Hamilton today.
    Has been running well without getting his head in front and has a few things going for him now.
    Robert Tart,won on him before is back on board has run well at Hamilton in the past and good to soft or soft is fine for him.
    Not all horses like Hamilton as it is fairly stiff and a horse really wants to get 6 furlongs to get home over 5 here.
    At 8/1 he is no certainty but could repay ew support and I believe he worth backing at around 8/1 which is freely available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Today I'm going to go for Lincoln County (9.00 in Stratford) and Sidra (8.00 in Gowran Park) for €10 to win and €10 each way on Captain Scooby just cause it's from Zimmer :D

I am backing Captain Scooby in the 5 15 at Hamilton today.
    Has been running well without getting his head in front and has a few things going for him now.
    Robert Tart,won on him before is back on board has run well at Hamilton in the past and good to soft or soft is fine for him.
    Not all horses like Hamilton as it is fairly stiff and a horse really wants to get 6 furlongs to get home over 5 here.
    At 8/1 he is no certainty but could repay ew support and I believe he worth backing at around 8/1 which is freely available.

Never put into the race until it was all over 60 yoyos down the drain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Never put into the race until it was all over 60 yoyos down the drain

Sorry Zimmer, can't win them all I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Might be the worst idea ever, but giving Sandy Times 8/1 (8.20) a shot. The form is horrible (finding races 10th place and below), but I think she is set to have a better race.

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »
    Might be the worst idea ever, but giving Sandy Times 8/1 (8.20) a shot. The form is horrible (finding races 10th place and below), but I think she is set to have a better race.

Pulled up last, and did not try.

Have this weird feeling this horse will storm home at 50/1 in the future.

Clareman wrote: »
    Today I'm going to go for Lincoln County (9.00 in Stratford) and Sidra (8.00 in Gowran Park) for €10 to win and €10 each way on Captain Scooby just cause it's from Zimmer :D

Sidra won easily there, wasn't expecting it to be that easy, not that I'm complaining of course.

An Lincoln Country brings me back to normal, horse just died near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Clareman wrote: »
    An Lincoln Country brings me back to normal, horse just died near the end.

Was on him myself. He was disappointing not that I would have backed the winner

Going to go with Joe Farrell at Worcester. Very skinny price 5/4 against a multiple winner so going against my normal policy of seeking value. But I said I'd follow jf.

• Advertisement

I can't see anything today worth backing, thinking Dylan Alexander in the 2.30 my be worth a few bob but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Over the air 13/2
    Flowing Air 4/1
    Taadang 7/4
    Haines 9/2
    Puma Flor 9/4 (HT Pick)
    Big BEar 10/3 (HT Pick)

2 euro sixfold returns 16,000

.10 lucky 63 returns 2,800

Lets Get It On!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Captain Scooby is running again today. Worth an each way shot

magicmoves wrote: »
    Captain Scooby is running again today. Worth an each way shot

Had a better chance yesterday but did not appear to exert himself,ran well today for a claiming jockey.

Gavlar 8 15 Kempton,would not have to improve to win this.
    Gets the trip and has won on the AW €25 ew 4/1 hope he runs better than yesterdays bet.

BumperD wrote: »
    Going to go with Joe Farrell at Worcester. Very skinny price 5/4 against a multiple winner so going against my normal policy of seeking value. But I said I'd follow jf.

With the rule 4, was effectively a 4/5 but sp 1/7fav told its own story and hosed up. Still, this is the one instance where I'd readily admit it was a bad bet, despite it winning. The strike price of 5/4 was no value and in the long term, should not be done and I will avoid in future.

Waterlord is next up at 1/2 in Perth. this is a weak race and the form of his first race has already chucked up a winner so 1/2 seems about right.

I am giving Tahiti One 14/1 (2.40) a shot.

Slow start killed chance LTO. Has had a month to tidy that up!

I am giving Tahiti One 14/1 (2.40) a shot.

Slow start killed chance LTO. Has had a month to tidy that up!

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Another great shout

• Advertisement

I will give Prefect 8/1 (3.10) a go, as he has a decent shot in this company.

Two picks in a row is asking a lot though - and the fave is strong here.

I will give Prefect 8/1 (3.10) a go, as he has a decent shot in this company.

Two picks in a row is asking a lot though - and the fave is strong here.

No good, and fave looked too good anyway. Time to step away for the day.

Munfallet 7 25 Epsom has a penalty for recent win when he made all,if he gan get to the front it is possible he may be able to defy the penalty so I had a few quid ew at 5s.

Bubbly Bellini 7 30 is the outsider of 4 in Tipp tonight over 7 furlongs,there might not be much pace on in a race that could become tactical and Bubbly could take advantage and prove hard to pass if allowed a lead between 1 and 2 furlongs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Munfallet 7 25 Epsom has a penalty for recent win when he made all,if he gan get to the front it is possible he may be able to defy the penalty so I had a few quid ew at 5s.

Bubbly Bellini 7 30 is the outsider of 4 in Tipp tonight over 7 furlongs,there might not be much pace on in a race that could become tactical and Bubbly could take advantage and prove hard to pass if allowed a lead between 1 and 2 furlongs out.

well done zimmer

Bubbly Bellinis race worked out as I hoped and a generous sp,I expected Munfallet to make all as last time,he sits in beaten less than 2 lengths maybe today was not the plan . Still made a few quid can't complain

BumperD wrote: »
    Waterlord is next up at 1/2 in Perth. this is a weak race and the form of his first race has already chucked up a winner so 1/2 seems about right.

Scraped home by 36 lengths but you'd expect that at 1/3fav

Grammar 25/1 (8.15 Beverly)

Had this one in a tracker for ages, thought the horse had retired (or worse) as he has not raced in 600+ Days

Interesting thing to note, horse has had one win and one place in his whole career, both at Beverly. The place was this track and distance, and the win was not only this track and distance, but this same meeting 2 years ago. It would be amazing feat for him to come back from a two year layoff and win, but it's interesting that owners have targeted this race for a comeback after his previous success at the place.

Grammar 25/1 (8.15 Beverly)

Had this one in a tracker for ages, thought the horse had retired (or worse) as he has not raced in 600+ Days

Interesting thing to note, horse has had one win and one place in his whole career, both at Beverly. The place was this track and distance, and the win was not only this track and distance, but this same meeting 2 years ago. It would be amazing feat for him to come back from a two year layoff and win, but it's interesting that owners have targeted this race for a comeback after his previous success at the place.

Led all race, then faded out of it. Though he was trying to win it from the front.

I fancy Great Hall in the Old Newton Cup- 2 50 Haydock,this fellow will be suited by whatever juice is in the ground due to overwatering and is well handicapped in an always competitive race.
    I am having a few quid on Gabrials Star in the same race as the horse has been running well over longer trips but seems better over a mile and a half.
    A few quid ew on both is my bet.

Lucy Wadham is better known as a jumps trainer but she appears to have a very good filly in Lady Tiana who runs in the group 2 Yorkshire Oaks.
    Beaten into 3rd last time by Miss Marjurie I fully expect Lady Tiana to come out on top this time and the softer the ground today the bigger the bet should be.

A real battler when she gets the ground to her liking this is the days best bet for me ew.

• Advertisement

Not a fancy but ocean glendore bellewstown has been attracting steady support all morning. Trainer does know how to land a touch so worth keeping an eye on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement