Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

highly sprung-2 30 car--melabi 2 50 don -lumiere -4 55 newmarket -war strike 4 10 car mythical moment 5 20 car
    A bit more than just fancies
    A bit unlucky 3 winners,2 very well backed one beaten sh head,good day so far lets hope it continues,i also backed Serena to win in straight sets-was in PP today and they went evens for ten mins the easiest winner today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Deontas in the next at Leop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Fancy Jan van hoof in the last at nmk 7/2 tomorrow. Last run working out well and open to more progress than the rest of the small field, worthy fav.

Boom :D

Fancy billyoaks tomorrow in the last at york ew 7/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Giving Roossey 20/1 (3.45) a shot nice odds for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I reckon he might win :)

Got second I think

tinodz wrote: »
    Giving Roossey 20/1 (3.45) a shot nice odds for that one.

2nd! Nice place money!

Great tipping as usual :)

A friend of mine backed a horse I gave him today and when he went to collect €100 in a PP office he was paid €84,the horse was 3rd,he took 16/1 in an 11 horse handicap.
    When he queried the amount he was told PP stopped paying 1/4 odds a place in handicaps unless there were 12 or more runners.

Can this be true?I have the same horse backed at 16s and I will find out in the morning.
    I did not see any notice to this effect and I wonder can any punters shed light on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

A friend of mine backed a horse I gave him today and when he went to collect €100 in a PP office he was paid €84,the horse was 3rd,he took 16/1 in an 11 horse handicap.
    When he queried the amount he was told PP stopped paying 1/4 odds a place in handicaps unless there were 12 or more runners.

Can this be true?I have the same horse backed at 16s and I will find out in the morning.
    I did not see any notice to this effect and I wonder can any punters shed light on this.
    Only certain PP shops paid quarter odds a place on all handicaps. Many PP's only paid a quarter on handicaps with more than 11 runners.
    The shops paying a quarter on all handicaps got a directive from HQ to revert to the "only more than 11" rule with effect from 1 July. The manager of my local PP told me this during the week.
    Obviously the bean counters in Power Towers have found that this is costing the plc a few cents and must be halted.
    I've been meaning to check if Boyles are still paying a quarter the odds a place in all handicaps. Must check in the morning.
    Another thing I've noticed is that when Powers are paying an extra place in a race, their morning prices are a few points shorter than Boyles.

Fancy Buick with his two favs in the last two at ascot tomorrow. I've doubled the 2/1 + 11/4. A lot of racing on

curioser wrote: »
    Only certain PP shops paid quarter odds a place on all handicaps. Many PP's only paid a quarter on handicaps with more than 11 runners.
    The shops paying a quarter on all handicaps got a directive from HQ to revert to the "only more than 11" rule with effect from 1 July. The manager of my local PP told me this during the week.
    Obviously the bean counters in Power Towers have found that this is costing the plc a few cents and must be halted.
    I've been meaning to check if Boyles are still paying a quarter the odds a place in all handicaps. Must check in the morning.
    Another thing I've noticed is that when Powers are paying an extra place in a race, their morning prices are a few points shorter than Boyles.

I will check in the shop where I bet it always paid 1/4 can they change what was the policy for years with out informing punters --I will complain if I only get a 1/5 tomorrow.

Fancy Buick with his two favs in the last two at ascot tomorrow. I've doubled the 2/1 + 11/4. A lot of racing on

The names of his two mounts space age and think ahead, the latter has been hammered into 6/4 from 11/4. Let's hope they get the job done

Thousand Stars 5/1 (Tipp 3.45) for me

Diakali is the one to beat obviously, but I think Mullins has done well to put Thousand Stars in here. Biggest money of all the Tipp races today offered for this one too.

The names of his two mounts space age and think ahead, the latter has been hammered into 6/4 from 11/4. Let's hope they get the job done

I backed King Bolete to beat Space Age in the 5 05 Bumper.
    I think Frankie overdone the waiting tactics last time and a 6 lb pull should be more than enough to turn the tables.
    The Cumani horse has a lot of improvement to come and I think he will go on to much better things.

I backed King Bolete to beat Space Age in the 5 05 Bumper.
    I think Frankie overdone the waiting tactics last time and a 6 lb pull should be more than enough to turn the tables.
    The Cumani horse has a lot of improvement to come and I think he will go on to much better things.

Its between the top two according to the market. CD swung me to land on space age. Lets hope one of us collect!

Looking forward to this contest. Backbacked ballydoyle at asoct in a treble - thought moore left it too late on that occassion. No bet today. City chic interesting newcomer

Ballydoyle moved well & probably didn't beat much but I liked the way she did that

Thousand Stars 5/1 (Tipp 3.45) for me

Diakali is the one to beat obviously, but I think Mullins has done well to put Thousand Stars in here. Biggest money of all the Tipp races today offered for this one too.

2nd. Did not have enough to challenge Diakali :(

• Advertisement

My bets for today
    Lucky fifteen;
    Mica mika 3.30 ayr-13/2
    Luis vas de Torres 5.25 ayr-7/2
    Sydney ruffdiamond 3.50 Redcar-7/1
    No delusion-3.20 newm-9/4

€10 win
    Suits you 2.30 ascot-14/1
    €10 e/w
    Rene Mathis wokingham-33/1 (Paddy power paying 6 places)
    Rene Mathis - you've been backing that fella since the end of the war droidy:D

I hope you were on today droidman....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭droidman123

I hope you were on today droidman....:eek:
    I actually didnt back it today bumper!! I was like a lunatic when i seen it winning :(

My Pollyanna 12/1 in the next at Tipp for me, and that is me done then

Looked like she needed longer last time I saw her running, and this is longer! This is a trappy race though

I actually didnt back it today bumper!! I was like a lunatic when i seen it winning :(

I would have put my german war boot through the tv if I was in your shoes:pac:

Backed Space Age again 2/1 in a single

Ouch.

My Pollyanna 12/1 in the next at Tipp for me, and that is me done then

Looked like she needed longer last time I saw her running, and this is longer! This is a trappy race though

Miles back, not good day today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭droidman123

I would have put my german war boot through the tv if I was in your shoes:pac:

I backed birchwood @10/1 so it took a little bit of the sting out of it... But still hurt like hell

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

I will check in the shop where I bet it always paid 1/4 can they change what was the policy for years with out informing punters --I will complain if I only get a 1/5 tomorrow.
    Because it was only in certain shops, the only indication that the offer was available was an A4 sheet on the wall saying "WE PAY 1/4 ODDS A PLACE IN ALL HANDICAPS".

When the directive came from on high they just removed the pages from the wall. Probably enough to rebuff any complaints about the change in policy.

• Advertisement

Racing seems pretty bad today. Other than watching Brian Toomey comeback - which is a unbetable race - nothing seems worthwhile.

I am contemplating picking a random number to find a horse to back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement