Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Na Móna Equipment

• 16-06-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There, I`m new to this so please go easy. My dad had heard of old tractors and bog equipment being sold by Bord Na Móna but did not know how or where you get this information.

Does anyone know how Bord Na Móna sell their old equipment? Is it by Auction? Where do I find out about these sales?

Thanks for your help

Tómas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

tombofitz wrote: »
    Hi There, I`m new to this so please go easy. My dad had heard of old tractors and bog equipment being sold by Bord Na Móna but did not know how or where you get this information.

Does anyone know how Bord Na Móna sell their old equipment? Is it by Auction? Where do I find out about these sales?

Thanks for your help

Tómas
    they have sales in the midlands depots, blackwater, boora and so on every year or so. nothing much to look at. nothing has a battery in it so you have to assess as best you can.
    on the day, you turn up, view, take a slip of paper and write the lot number and your bid, contact detail and hand it in.
    some man in an office decides from there on.

if you can find a foreman in one of those depots you will know when the auction is on.

I bid 12k for a F140 with the head of the engine missing - rest looked ok, and I didn't get it. so nothing too cheap. (dunno where I would have found the 12 k or a head at the time but I thought it was worth a chance :)

at least on donedeal you can drive a tractor around the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tombofitz

Thanks have2flushtwice. Yikes thats a lot I think my dad wants something for about half of that. He was looking for a Ford 8210, he says Bord Na Móna used to use these, did you see any of these at the sale you went to?

Thanks again for your help I`ll tell my dad.

Tómas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

cant say for sure, but the machines would have been around that size. I remember a few TW's also.

That`s great thanks. I spoke to a guy in Boora there and he says that Paul Cooke Auctions are running an auction of old Bord Na Móna machinery on 4th July in Blackwater. Just checked out their website there and there seems to be a good bit of stuff but no exact listing just yet. I`ll check back next week to see.

Thanks for the help.

Tómas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Www.paulcookeauctions.com/stock?sale=150309
    Always good to have the link handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Looks like you can bid from the comfort of your own sitting room with their online bidding facilities

http://www.paulcookeauctions.com/account/Login

Thanks sorry as I said I`m new to boards.

Thanks again

Tómas

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

tombofitz wrote: »
    Thanks sorry as I said I`m new to boards.

Thanks again

Tómas

no need to be sorry. a lot of guys +gals with a lot of info on the forum and always willing to share it .

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

You might be lucky and find something half decent, but have2flush is on the ball. Most of the stuff is scrap , or as near as makes no odds. They have been hiring tractors for the harvesting season for the last good few years, so that means there isn't anything recent to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

ford 5600 wrote: »
    You might be lucky and find something half decent, but have2flush is on the ball. Most of the stuff is scrap , or as near as makes no odds. They have been hiring tractors for the harvesting season for the last good few years, so that means there isn't anything recent to sell.

Ya to be honest you'd be hard pushed getting anything decent and anything too cheap is gonna be absolute scrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

just going by the website it looks to be rough enough stuff

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Auction being advertised on DD at the minute very rough looking machines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    Auction being advertised on DD at the minute very rough looking machines

Rough lookin stuff alight
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/9712916
    Bord Na Mona Clearance Auction

ganmo wrote: »
    Rough lookin stuff alight
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/9712916
    Bord Na Mona Clearance Auction

I could be wrong but I would have imagined a big company like that would look after their machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GreaseGunner

I'll probably call in on the Thursday for a look, in over 200 lots there surely has to be something of some good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭rs8

can anyone tell me what the ex 100 went?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tomnjerry

Anyone at the auction today ??was there but left early, massive crowd. didn't see any tractors sold . were they expensive? ? anyone know how much lots 215,216, 217, 265 and 296 roughly made??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

rs8 wrote: »

On fire it looked like!

Ah no, there was an EX100 or 120 there that was burnt. I was up there om Friday, saw 1 other EX100, very rough yoke.

i agree newmug everything was rough, that ex 100 was the pick of the auction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭orm0nd

rs8 wrote: »

AFAIK €12600 + vat 23% + fees 7.5%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

The worst 135 went for 1200 I think the best 135 went for over 2k,lorry went for over 5k,6ft enough bucket 50mm pins 1400.uncle was at it,all very rough stuff and very big prices.
    Why do a company like that abuse machines to have them in the way their in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

I think a cab of one of them fire damaged diggers went for over 700 euro

thanks lads was there friday and couldnt believe the scrap in it that all came probably from new from tax payers money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

IH784man wrote: »
    The worst 135 went for 1200 I think the best 135 went for over 2k,lorry went for over 5k,6ft enough bucket 50mm pins 1400.uncle was at it,all very rough stuff and very big prices.
    Why do a company like that abuse machines to have them in the way their in.

Know a few lads who work for BNM seasonally... Rough men!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

By any chance do you know what the ford 4630 tractors made?

cormywormy wrote: »
    By any chance do you know what the ford 4630 tractors made?

+ fees +vat

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Galwaylad92

What price did the two fiat 140-90's go or the bulldozers

What price did the two fiat 140-90's go or the bulldozers

Fiat 140 -90's..... €6600 to € 11500

dozers

all prices + com. + vat

I see on DD ganley in Kildare have ex council Masseys for auction. Would be well worth it if the money was right, well minded and all they really do as far as I can see is cut grass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭trabpc

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    I see on DD ganley in Kildare have ex council Masseys for auction. Would be well worth it if the money was right, well minded and all they really do as far as I can see is cut grass!

Ex council myth. Different drivers every day. Most have little or no experience. If you seen the amount of abuse those major toppers get you would wonder how the PTO remains in one piece. Most drivers can't understand not being able to topp a steel manhole cover. most are driven evey day so low hours means its probably been around the clock once or twice. Only good part is they are serviced on time.

Advertisement