Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mixers Universe

• 25-06-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Just thought we should have a thread dedicated to mixing.

I made 100ml of waffle and 100ml of maple syrup tonight, decided to make them separately and only mix when steeped and tested separately.
    For the first time I used the milk frother instead of shaking and the result looks promising for speeding up the steeping process

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Im due a serious mixing session. Got v lazy with it lately. Going to try a couple of clone recipes that are highly rated.

Read yesterday about the sale Nicotine concentrate is about to get some serious regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Trond wrote: »
    Im due a serious mixing session. Got v lazy with it lately. Going to try a couple of clone recipes that are highly rated.

Read yesterday about the sale Nicotine concentrate is about to get some serious regulation.

where did you read that ?

JH_raheny wrote: »
    where did you read that ?

It was on another forum I was browsing for clone recipes (not sure what one)

They were basically saying it'll probably be part of the first steps towards regulation of the industry. Something about the sale of 72mg nicotine in bulk becoming less common already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

JH , you might end up sorry you started this thread ....for I am the Great stupid question asker !

I'll start simple with my version of ' if a train leaves station A travelling at x speed '

I have a 100ml bottle of vg and a 100ml bottle of pg
    I vape 50/50 3mg

How do I make 200ml+ whatever nic to get my 50/50 3mg ?

you will get 50% marks for attempting the question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You didn't say what flavour to use :D:D

• Advertisement

You didn't say what flavour to use :D:D

None , I want it flavourless which I should have said ...........but check for the part where I said 'stupid ' ....what did you expect :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

If your mix is pg based and 72mg .then it's
    8.3 nic
    100ml vg
    91.7 pg

Depends on your nic. Base being pg or vg
    You just replace either to desired nice level
    jonski wrote: »
    JH , you might end up sorry you started this thread ....for I am the Great stupid question asker !

I'll start simple with my version of ' if a train leaves station A travelling at x speed '

I vape 50/50 3mg

I vape 50/50 3mg

Good app for you....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.potv.ejuicecalc&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Tried a bit of mixing the other day.
    Had a bottle of 12mg Hangsen Mojito, and a bottle of 0mg Hangsen Mojito.
    Well, I mixed a 50/50 blend and guess what? I'm vaping Mojito at 6mg!

All joking aside I'm also vaping the living sh1t out of a bottle of cola a mate mixed a couple of months back, and cutting it with black cherry by hangsen (I'm vaping up all my old juices) and I have to say I'm very impressed by the home made stuff.
    I think I'm getting ready to jump into this madness.

Any tips on what gear to get to start out?

• Advertisement

Vapebase.de is good for premixed nic/vg/pg but look at the bundles on everythingliquid as well, I got the gold one recently and it is super value

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Vapebase.de is good for premixed nic/vg/pg but look at the bundles on everythingliquid as well, I got the gold one recently and it is super value

Do you know of any nice strawberry cheesecake concentrates similar to beard vape no 5?

Do you know of any nice strawberry cheesecake concentrates similar to beard vape no 5?

Sorry have never tried beard vape no. 5

Not sure if you can get this in Ireland though

http://www.leisureliquids.com/strawberry-cheescake

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Am a bit slow (make that fearful) in taking the step to mixing for myself so wondering if anyone might be willing to mix me a juice similar to the Wingnuts Vampires Kiss - I love the fruity with a hint of ice cool but find it a pain in the butt that I can only get in 30ml quantities and its working out quite expensive. Very willing to pay (upfront if wanted) anyone that can help!!

Am a bit slow (make that fearful) in taking the step to mixing for myself so wondering if anyone might be willing to mix me a juice similar to the Wingnuts Vampires Kiss - I love the fruity with a hint of ice cool but find it a pain in the butt that I can only get in 30ml quantities and its working out quite expensive. Very willing to pay (upfront if wanted) anyone that can help!!

I was the exact same a few months ago. My advice is buy a small beginners kit and a few suitable concentrates. Wont cost you much (maybe the price of 2 or 3 bottles of juice).

It a lot less complex than it seems. Download an ejuice app and its pretty much idiot proof (as proven by me :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

It a lot less complex than it seems. Download an ejuice app and its pretty much idiot proof (as proven by me :D)[/QUOTE]

Is there a beginners (read kindergarten) guide anywhere:o

it's made from strawberry and raspberry with a hint of menthol or ice cool I think, have a clue of how much of each though

It a lot less complex than it seems. Download an ejuice app and its pretty much idiot proof (as proven by me :D)

Is there a beginners (read kindergarten) guide anywhere:o[/QUOTE]

Someone else might find a cheaper kit for you but this is what I mean....

http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/mixing%20kit

Add in a couple more concentrates and you are all set.

This app does all the work for you once you know what strength nicotine and what ratio of PG/VG you want. (if you don't know just copy whatever jucie you usually use).

To give you an idea of how easy it is here's a sample of some recipes from the same website

http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/page/capella%20recipes

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across a ' lemony limey citrusy ' concentrate ? I am looking for something like the Vaping Dog Lime which tastes like the old glass sherbet lemon sweets .

• Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across a ' lemony limey citrusy ' concentrate ? I am looking for something like the Vaping Dog Lime which tastes like the old glass sherbet lemon sweets .

https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chef-s-choice/2630-lemon-sherbet.html?search_query=Lemon&results=44

There's a Flavour Art concentrate that's Lemon and Lime flavour (I think ESI have it as well).

https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chef-s-choice/2630-lemon-sherbet.html?search_query=Lemon&results=44

There's a Flavour Art concentrate that's Lemon and Lime flavour (I think ESI have it as well).

ffs , did you have to put up a link with that picture ? , now I want a 1/4 lb of the sweets ! :D

Danish cinnamon swirl from TFA I can recommend big time, mix at 10% and steep for 10 days, I'll be getting more of that concentrate for sure

So , a bottle of that arrived in the post this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

What do people make of the starter kit from picknmix diy in Wexford. They have 250ml bottles too. Has anyone tried them. I haven't started mixing yet but I'd like to

Everything liquid.Co.uk have a 40% discount on their mixmaster range using code MIXNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Mmmm been looking at Everything Liquid for some diy supplies, well at least 1 liter bottles of PG, VG and NIC as they seem to have the best prices for bulk. They don't seem to great for flavors though.

Anyone used their stuff? And what shipping method/cost for Ireland?

8mm wrote: »
    Mmmm been looking at Everything Liquid for some diy supplies, well at least 1 liter bottles of PG, VG and NIC as they seem to have the best prices for bulk. They don't seem to great for flavors though.

Anyone used their stuff? And what shipping method/cost for Ireland?

They can't ship directly to ireland without using the expensive 25 quid international shipping, got to to with the nicotine I think, so I use parcel motel and just pic up the stuff in the local petrol station.
    I recently got their gold bundle kit and it was only 4.50 extra for parcel motel.
    They have loads of different flavours so not sure what you were looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Hey JH

Thanks for that - yeah looks like Parcel Motel saves the day (again!). How come it was €4.50 as I thought PM was €3.95 for a parcel.
    They have loads of different flavours so not sure what you were looking for

I've been looking at a load of suppliers and I may not have looked deep enough here. Last I checked they were out of stock for most of the items I was interested in but I'll look again, cheers.

• Advertisement

could have been 3.95 actually can't remember for sure
    8mm wrote: »
    Hey JH

Thanks for that - yeah looks like Parcel Motel saves the day (again!). How come it was €4.50 as I thought PM was €3.95 for a parcel.

I've been looking at a load of suppliers and I may not have looked deep enough here. Last I checked they were out of stock for most of the items I was interested in but I'll look again, cheers.

Advertisement