Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mixers Universe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

Where can you get graduated cylinders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

emmisaro wrote: »

there's this kit you can get, I thought they used to do the pieces seperately but maybe not anymore.

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/product-category/accessories/glassware/

JH_raheny wrote: »
    there's this kit you can get, I thought they used to do the pieces seperately but maybe not anymore.

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/product-category/accessories/glassware/

Thanks JH. I posted that today for you so hopefully you'll get it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

emmisaro wrote: »

eBay is your friend:

I can't link directly :(

Put "Professional-Graduated-Glass-Measuring-Cylinder-Chemistry-Lab-Spout-Measure" into eBay search and there is a good looking glass set.

Looks nice might get some of that myself!

8mm wrote: »
    eBay is your friend:

I can't link directly :(

Put "Professional-Graduated-Glass-Measuring-Cylinder-Chemistry-Lab-Spout-Measure" into eBay search and there is a good looking glass set.

Looks nice might get some of that myself!

Great thanks 8mm I'll have a look now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone have any thoughts on using a microwave instead of time for steeping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on using a microwave instead of time for steeping ?

Supposedly not good for the juice, if we ever again get any sunshine in this country, window steeping is good.
    You just leave you bottles where they will get some sun for a few hours and give them the odd shake, then stick them back in the press for a couple of days to do their thing, cuts steeping time way down for custards, creams ect.

Trond wrote: »
    https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chef-s-choice/2630-lemon-sherbet.html?search_query=Lemon&results=44

There's a Flavour Art concentrate that's Lemon and Lime flavour (I think ESI have it as well).

I have a mix of that lemon sherbet steeping for about two weeks now and while it doesn't taste like I thought it would I can see where they are coming from . Anyway , back into the dark with it for another week .

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

I'm going to start mixing tomorrow for the first time, aiming for 50/50 vg/pg and 16mg, using a flavour art concentrate it's a black jack flavour, any recommendations for steeping time if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

nkav86 wrote: »
    I'm going to start mixing tomorrow for the first time, aiming for 50/50 vg/pg and 16mg, using a flavour art concentrate it's a black jack flavour, any recommendations for steeping time if any?

Black n Blue from T Juice is basically blackjack with menthol and is ready to go almost straight away and seems to peak after only a day or 2. I'd imagine your blackjack is similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Black n Blue from T Juice is basically blackjack with menthol and is ready to go almost straight away and seems to peak after only a day or 2. I'd imagine your blackjack is similar.

Oh great, thanks for the reply delighted with that

Just vaped some home brew strawberry milkshake and very nice it is, mmmmmm.

I only steeped 3 days and couldn't wait any longer. That's the problem with diy juices, the waiting is hell.

There is a little inconsistency in the flavour intensity due to mixing skills. I'm thinking of getting a frother for this but the whip part on these things look a little big.

Any tips for frother use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The frother is only about 30mm in diameter,I got some sealed jars with a 50mm opening from a pound shop,use the container until your ready to transfer it to bottles.

I use a frother for larger mixes but for my smaller test mixes I modified one to fit into 10ml bottles.

The one on the left had a propeller on it (€3 Homestore and more) so I just pulled it off and bent the end with a pliers.[IMG][/img]t2ukOga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Finally got around to doing a decent mixing session. Made up a load of different juices tonight, mostly copying brand named juices Ive liked...

Breakfast at Teleos "The Milk" and "The Crunch"
    2 separate attempts at replicating Wingnut's Nut Juice
    House of Liquids Frozen Orange

The waiting game begins now!

Nice - What recipes did you use for those?

Need to get some more concentrates myself and get some more juice cooking.

ment to do some mixing at the weekend but went to the pub instead :o
    Have about 25-30 different concentrates to play with :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

8mm wrote: »
    Nice - What recipes did you use for those?

Need to get some more concentrates myself and get some more juice cooking.

These 2 are very similar so I'm not fully convinced they are in fact 2 different juice recipes! (I only tasted The Milk so cant judge by smell)

Breakfast at Teloes The Crunch

Berry Crunch (TPA)
    Brown Sugar (TPA)
    Sweet Cream (TPA)

Vanilla Custard (TPA)

PG/VG-ratio: 12/80

The Milk
    Berry Crunch (TPA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%

VG 80%PG 20%

The Frozen Orange was one I did up myself. I think I might have ruined what I was going for with the addition of peppermint. Cant get an orange smell off it at all. I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and try it then...

FA Juicy Orange 10%
    FA Menthol 5%
    FA Peppermint 3%

3mg nic @40/60 PG/VG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Can anyone recommend an online store thats reasonable for juice concentrate? Had a go at mixing single flavours last week, but the shop I bought them in are € 6 per 10ml. Even charged me € 5 each for 100ml of PG / VG, which I've since discovered is much cheaper everywhere else. Think they seen me coming!!

Here's a way to quickly test flavours (thanks to Drusilla V):

Take 10ml of water (distilled water if you have it as tap water may add off flavours) and mix one drop of a flavouring and swish it around in your mouth. Its amazing how much it helps to "learn" what a flavour tastes like and gauge how potent the flavouring is. If it needs two drops I know its a weaker flavour that will need to be a higher percentage. If its too strong I know it will require less. Its really helped me make better mixes. True, the flavour, once mixed in pg/vg changes a bit, but not as much as you'd think.

It works remarkably well in translating into the vaping experience of the flavours. What I like about it is that you don't have to mix/dump so much and no need to clear out atomizers in between flavours etc. I find that if I make a few batches to test flavours, after a while they kind of all run into each other if I don't really clean out the atomizer. No need for that with this method. It's quick, easy and accurate.

I have also have mixed two or three flavours in water to see how they go together. Its great because you find out how they work without wasting a batch. If it doesn't work you dump it into a sink and try again. No atomizer issues, no wasted pg/vg/nic.

• Advertisement

trixiebust wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an online store thats reasonable for juice concentrate? Had a go at mixing single flavours last week, but the shop I bought them in are € 6 per 10ml. Even charged me € 5 each for 100ml of PG / VG, which I've since discovered is much cheaper everywhere else. Think they seen me coming!!

http://www.picknmixdiy.com/

pick10 for 10% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

trixiebust wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an online store thats reasonable for juice concentrate?
    Ezsmoke has the 100ml VG/PG for €2.50, but flavours are €4,95 for 10 ml, 30ml for €12.95.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Shop just for Inawera flavors. Inawera are well respected and concentrates are strong so go a long way.

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/

Prices look great, a lot of their flavours cost €1.84 for 10ml but the price does vary for some.

Any opinions on PicknMixdiy.com , and opinions on flavourart ?

I was going to order their own unflavoured nic 70/30 base and some flavours .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

jonski wrote: »
    Any opinions on PicknMixdiy.com , and opinions on flavourart ?

I was going to order their own unflavoured nic 70/30 base and some flavours .

Ordered from them recently, quick delivery and great prices. Ordered a selection of concentrates including some F. A. for mixing. Didn't order any nic though, but everything else I ordered was perfect. Use pick10 for 10% discount.

Flavourart have huge respect from everything I've heard and I'm looking to get a load of their concentrates myself too.

I think the prices on PicknNixdiy are rubish.

You can go direct to the source for Flavorart here: http://flavourartexpress.biz

10ml flavors for €2.50 and cheapest ship untracked starts at €3.90

With over 40 10ml bottles of flavours I'll be doing some serious mixing tomorrow, no idea why I have so many spiced apple but there will be a lot of that made

"469-esavuke" for 10% discount at flavorartexpress.biz

Made a error on their 10ml price - should be €3.05 when including 22% Italy vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Everything liquid.Co.uk have a 40% discount on their mixmaster range using code MIXNOW

Thanks for the heads up on this company, it's a new one on me, have you tried their liquid nic, I am wondering what the quality is like? price is very competitive, but from experience the good value liquid nic is usually very peppery

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up on this company, it's a new one on me, have you tried their liquid nic, I am wondering what the quality is like? price is very competitive, but from experience the good value liquid nic is usually very peppery

That's where I got my nic - seems to be good but I've not been at the mixing game long.

Couldn't really say if it's peppery as such or how the quality compares to other brands.

I do note that producers can get 99% nic in small amounts and then turn it into bloody huge amounts once diluted in PG/VG for sale to us.

Advertisement