Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what IS your least favourite country..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

In gonna go with U.A.E. As well. I get dragged there (usually Dubai) for conferences and sometimes have long layovers there when flying to Asia for work and I dread it every single time. Horrible, soulless, vapid people in a horrible, soulless, vapid country.
    And one of the most confusing airports on earth with extremely unhelpful staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Depraved wrote: »
    And one of the most confusing airports on earth with extremely unhelpful staff.

Yeah DBX is horrible. Hopefully Emirates new hub will be a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Grayson wrote: »
    I just did some travelling in SE Asia. I can honestly say that thailand, from bangkok going south, is the worst place there. It's tourist central. Very little culture and everyone is trying to rip off the farang. That's not to say that there isn't beautiful scenery or some amazing sights, i's just that everyone tries to rip you off. Dozens of times every day you end up haggling when someone tries to change you multiple times the going ate. It starts at the airport when a taxi driver tries to charge you 1500 baht for a trip that takes 200 baht and it keeps going.
    1500? Oh they must like you. The last time I was there they tried to charge me 4500 for an 8 min journey. I just stood there loudly laughing at him.

It's true though..it's one of the worst countries I've visited in terms of people ripping off tourists. Actually, taxi drivers in most developing countries are terrible scammers. Always learn how to quickly calculate the local currency back into Euro so you know what you are paying. Get an app for your phone to do it if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Parts of Cambodia, child sex being so open. Western guys in cafes and bars organising/grooming young girls. Accommodation having posters requesting you not to bring underage girls back for sex. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Ah here, Thailand is a lovely place.
    As long as you have a sensible head you wont get ripped off.

For me it's India.
    Rudest society I've ever come across and very aggressive towards women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

At the moment for me it's Ghana.

Here at the moment and I've been glued to the jacks for hours, it's 6am and I actually think I've shat out most of my own body weight at this stage. If you're ever mouldy drunk in West Africa DO NOT chance roasted goat from the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

FTA69 wrote: »
    At the moment for me it's Ghana.

Here at the moment and I've been glued to the jacks for hours, it's 6am and I actually think I've shat out most of my own body weight at this stage. If you're ever mouldy drunk in West Africa DO NOT chance roasted goat from the side of the road.
    Great country. Go to duncans bar, near the ntm office on Oxford Street. If you're in accra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Cienciano wrote: »
    Great country. Go to duncans bar, near the ntm office on Oxford Street. If you're in accra

Currently sitting in East Lagon mate, I was in some spot last night horsing into the Star. I've been in Osu a few times and went to Duncan's last week. Off to Nima now in a few hours. I've had enough of luxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

St Vincent and the Grenadines

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

North Korea, sure who would want to live in a concentration camp, led by a crazy an with a ridiculous hairstyle and who has nuclear bombs.
    Hopefully it disappears off the map sometime soon like the country of East Germany did where the women who played sport grew beards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Northern Ireland

Not a real country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

India; god awful climate, huge poverty, rude people and paperwork to slay any rainforest. I have zero interest in ever going back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Belgium
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Best beer on the planet, best chocolate on the planet and their national dish is chips.

+ we can thank them for a certain Dublin family by the name of Geldof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Least favourite country I've been in was switzerland. Boring, expensive and unfriendly.

Of course, for all i know switzerland is lovely and i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can never really judge and entire country

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wasn't fond of Tunisia at all. I can see all the advertisements in Dublin about 'Come to Tunisia!' and I cringe every time. The place is run down, the tourism industry has taken a nosedive since its troubles and there's no maintenance in many areas as a result. Also the people are pretty unpleasant to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I liked some aspects of Cuba, but thought just about everything else was a hustle.

Very few locals engaged you in conversation unless there was an angle, and the prostitution was pretty barefaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I liked some aspects of Cuba, but thought just about everything else was a hustle.

Very few locals engaged you in conversation unless there was an angle, and the prostitution was pretty barefaced.

Do locals in Ireland engage in conversation? I live in a Bray a fairly big urban town (Yes, the one were the great Seamus Costello is from.) & I've never had strangers come up to me & starting talking about anything to me. For me that would be a 1+ for Cuba, I wouldn't want a load of people coming over to me speaking to me in a language I don't understand, I'd get rather scared & runaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Do locals in Ireland engage in conversation? I live in a Bray a fairly big urban town (Yes, the one were the great Seamus Costello is from.) & I've never had strangers come up to me & starting talking about anything to me.

Perhaps take off the balaclava?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do locals in Ireland engage in conversation? I live in a Bray a fairly big urban town (Yes, the one were the great Seamus Costello is from.) & I've never had strangers come up to me & starting talking about anything to me. For me that would be a 1+ for Cuba, I wouldn't want a load of people coming over to me speaking to me in a language I don't understand, I'd get rather scared & runaway.

That's your problem, right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Grayson wrote: »
    I just did some travelling in SE Asia. I can honestly say that thailand, from bangkok going south, is the worst place there. It's tourist central. Very little culture and everyone is trying to rip off the farang. That's not to say that there isn't beautiful scenery or some amazing sights, i's just that everyone tries to rip you off. Dozens of times every day you end up haggling when someone tries to change you multiple times the going ate. It starts at the airport when a taxi driver tries to charge you 1500 baht for a trip that takes 200 baht and it keeps going.

>>Little Culture <<? Really Loads of it if you know where to look .
    >>Everyone tries to rip you off <<. Not everyone ,just certain Taxi drivers etc .
    >>Haggling << Haggling is a way of life all over Asia ,but you can avoid it by going to fixed price shops .
    >>it starts at the Airport << next time go to the official taxi stand where you will either get a fixed price or a taxi with a meter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

"The People's Republic of Cork", for **** sake Corkies, just accept you're part of the rest of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I'm not as well traveled as many here,but in my limited experience,I would say Austria,Germany's retarded cousin.A Nation of assholes.Except for that one dude who printed out the lyrics of "Rock me Amadeus" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

keano_afc wrote: »
    Not a real country.

It is, actually, whether you like it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

England is the correct answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Muckracker

Sweden and its cold, repressed people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Its a hard one to answer because there is such a collection sh*tholes to choose from.

Probably Russia, Uganda, or one of the sand dictatorships.

That's your problem, right there.

Racist.

Plus Seamus Costello is from Bray. Yay.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Perhaps take off the balaclava?

I only were that on active service unit. Plus I wouldn't want strangers coming up to me. When strangers you don't know come up to you what do you talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Have never been ,but from what i have heard of Nigeria ,especially the Capital Lagos ,its not somewhere i would wish to go .Saw the documentary on TV about Lagos Airport .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The Islamic caliphate in Syria and Iraq.

Advertisement