Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what IS your least favourite country..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Here we go again!

What ever happened to imagination?

Imagination is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece-by-piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

bear1 wrote: »
    Belgium.. that is all.

But they do have strong beer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Belgium, most boring place on the fvcking planet.
    Belgium.. that is all.

If ye can't have a good night out in Brussels or Antwerp them ye're doing something seriously wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Saudi Arabia. Horrible state in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

buried wrote: »
    Vatican City. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

What about Mos Eisley Spaceport??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Belize. There's nothing in it.

Blue Hole says you're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

In gonna go with U.A.E. As well. I get dragged there (usually Dubai) for conferences and sometimes have long layovers there when flying to Asia for work and I dread it every single time. Horrible, soulless, vapid people in a horrible, soulless, vapid country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Belgium, most boring place on the fvcking planet.

Best beer on the planet, best chocolate on the planet and their national dish is chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

I don't think I've ever been to a country I didn't love. A matter of attitude maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Still Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Israel.

Israel is a grand country, it's just a minority of religious psychopaths and a fractured political landscape that make it a political pariah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Cienciano wrote: »
    Best beer on the planet, best chocolate on the planet and their national dish is chips.
    Lived there for a year. People are best described as stupid and boring.

The beer is the only thing they have. That and throwing a burger and chips in a baguette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Turkmenistan...

They don't know whether they're Turks of Afghani's, damn confusing :confused:

Although...since 1993, all citizens have received government provided electricity, water & natural gas free of charge :eek:

Yay the Turmenistani's, I take it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Belgium.. that is all.

Britain and Germany need a country like that to sort out their differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Of the countries I've visited: Turkey. Only saw a bit of it though (a resort and its surrounds) but didn't like it. Dreadful poverty - little kids begging for food, not a woman to be seen (a lot of sexually aggressive cat-calls and worse from men there), MUCH too hot and not feeling the cleanest, scary police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Of the countries I've visited: Turkey. Only saw a bit of it though (a resort and its surrounds) but didn't like it. Dreadful poverty - little kids begging for food, not a woman to be seen (a lot of sexually aggressive cat-calls and worse from men there), MUCH too hot and not feeling the cleanest, scary police force.

I went to Istanbul once, found it to be very European, not what I expected.
    Turkey seems to be like 2 countries, the European Turkey and the Asian Turkey. I would recommend Istanbul anyway, nice place and very westernized

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ruritania is one backward sh!thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jamsiek wrote: »
    Turkey seems to be like 2 countries, the European Turkey and the Asian Turkey

The two wings of Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

I like all countries. They're all very pretty.

Saudi Arabia - one of the biggest sources of human misery on the planet.

F*ck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Love/hate - China, if you are family it's all good, if not, nobody gives a fcuk about you, they will step over your bloodied body after a beating/robbing/car bumping.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I could say North Korea, Russia, Iraq, etc, but none of these effect my life to a great extent, so I will say northern Ireland, by and large a pretty miserable bunch with probably an above average number of psychotic mental cases and bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For me.

Cyprus was there once , sold it's soul to British tourists and is an awful kip. Don't get how people like it apart from the weather.

The Netherlands.....yea yea, I now all you Boardsies think the Dutch are cool, easy going and laid back and you can smoke a joint etc, but I lived there for 7 years and they are the most uptight, dullest and conservative society I've come across.
    Also, the scenery is the most boring ever. All the towns are the same as well, every house made from redbrick with white interiors (as the Dutch all do everything the same).
    Was glad to get out of it and only visit it now with the wife sporadically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I've not been to a whole lot of countries but I can say India is one place I do not plan on ever visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've not been to a whole lot of countries but I can say India is one place I do not plan on ever visiting.

India is huge though. There's many different aspects to it. It's not like Saudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I just did some travelling in SE Asia. I can honestly say that thailand, from bangkok going south, is the worst place there. It's tourist central. Very little culture and everyone is trying to rip off the farang. That's not to say that there isn't beautiful scenery or some amazing sights, i's just that everyone tries to rip you off. Dozens of times every day you end up haggling when someone tries to change you multiple times the going ate. It starts at the airport when a taxi driver tries to charge you 1500 baht for a trip that takes 200 baht and it keeps going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

1. Israel - Can't think of any redeeming qualities, their government ministers have said some shocking things about Arabs. The blockade of Gaza is brutal & their gearing up to "mow the lawn" as they say in Israel which means kills lots of civilians - women, kids, old people, maybe militants doesn't really matter. And something like 85 90% of the population supports this policy. Plus lots of other things like the West Bank, there terrorism against the British authorties right before they became a state (i.e hanging two British officers, blowing up the King David hotel ), expelling 700,000 Arabs from the land when they became a state. The few Jewish people in Israel who oppose these policies are some of the bravest people on earth.

2. North Korea - Travel Guide - "And here we have state of the art hospital & technology for hospital" tourists - "were are all the patients?" Travel Guide - "Ehhhhhh And over here we have paintings of war against America, opps light gone out blame American's " "I Love The Leader repeat 15 times a day"
    Talk about Orwell's 1984 coming to life.

3.USA - Done so many horrible things since WW2. Vietnam , Iraq, Central & Souht Americs plus the amount of coups they've orchestrated is unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Apart from Israel (obvs), I'd say Saudia Arabia. Backwards doesn't begin to describe that place.
    Be careful with lies like that about Saudi Arabia. They might behead you.

Advertisement